Renault Triber Compact MPV

Did a Test drive of Triber Today at Autologic, Kondapur.

Pros
  1. Space Management is excellent,
  2. I can comfortably sit back of myself in the 2nd row with at least 3-4 inches gap between my knees and front seat. (I am 5'11, 93 kgs)
  3. Thigh support was decent in both 1st and 2nd row.
  4. 3rd row is for short adults and Kids, and width was pretty good, I think 3rd row width is better than Ertiga. If you are taller than 5'8 you are knees will point up.
  5. Build quality is way better than Kwid however you can't compare it with Hyundai's or Tata's.
  6. Door closing is dual stage
  7. Boot :because of the shape, 625 ltr boot is very useful,(removing the 3rd row)
  8. Interior layout is neat, Touch screen was responsive and felt better than Kwid.
  9. Ac Vents all around is fantastic, people will love this car in summer.
  10. Braking was decent
  11. Pricing, its absolute value for money.
Cons
  1. 3 cylinder 1 litre engine, doesnot do justice for a such a practical car, Engine was noisy, could hear the noise in the cabin.
  2. Steering mounted controls are sorely missed
  3. Blinkers on ORVM should have been given at least in the top end, Sales executive said, this can be added thru accessories
  4. Interior layout is good however quality is not at par with Maruti or Hyundai.
Overall Pros are more than cons, no car is perfect and i think this car will have lot of fans in the rural areas, where people give more importance to practicality then performance.
Kudos to Renault Engineers, i think lot of research went in to make such a practical car in small footprint.

Out of Topic : Practicality of this car is very high, see some of the uses i think of.
  1. Folding 2nd row (i mean smaller seat of 2nd row). I am pretty confident that you can carry a cycle.
  2. You can carry a washing machine,
  3. 3-4 28'' International size Suit cases or may be even more
  4. You can carry big televisions
  5. Chairs and small tables (once i struggled to carry an office chair in my Punto at the end had to hire an Auto)

Last edited:
This is the car for the people who have joint family and are from Tier-2 Tier-3 cities. It's a 5 seater which can be made a 7 seater.
This is for those who are looking for a car which is within their budget and can move 7 people occasionally. Those who cannot afford to buy Ertiga or Innova will definitely go for Triber because you don't get a 5 years old used Innova at this price.

Normal people will be happy to compromise with the smaller engine because they are not buying car to race or have performance in mind. Generally what they look for is Budget, Economy, Spacious that along with Airbags ABS with EBD, Start Stop option. Three rows AC . It's got a good package if we don't consider the engine capacity. I am sure it will be tuned accordingly to carry 7 people comfortably.

Also Maruti Omni was very successful MPV with 37 hp engine. So we should not write off Renault Triber. This car is for budget segment and it offers space and comfort and justifies it's price.

You will not get performance of Innova or Eartiga in this because all three are of different segments/class with different engines. So people know what they are getting at this price and they will be happy with it.

Akash1886

Honoured Member
This is the car for the people who have joint family and are from Tier-2 Tier-3 cities. It's a 5 seater which can be made a 7 seater.
This is for those who are looking for a car which is within their budget and can move 7 people occasionally. Those who cannot afford to buy Ertiga or Innova will definitely go for Triber because you don't get a 5 years old used Innova at this price.

Normal people will be happy to compromise with the smaller engine because they are not buying car to race or have performance in mind. Generally what they look for is Budget, Economy, Spacious that along with Airbags ABS with EBD, Start Stop option. Three rows AC . It's got a good package if we don't consider the engine capacity. I am sure it will be tuned accordingly to carry 7 people comfortably.

Also Maruti Omni was very successful MPV with 37 hp engine. So we should not write off Renault Triber. This car is for budget segment and it offers space and comfort and justifies it's price.

You will not get performance of Innova or Eartiga in this because all three are of different segments/class with different engines. So people know what they are getting at this price and they will be happy with it.
Your post is a good summary of what actually the Triber is targeted at by Renault. With Triber, as I see, Renault has tried to penetrate in the segments of Tiago, i10, Go+. As you mentioned, for a budget buyer who did not have an option till now of a entry level budget 7 seater, the Triber well fits the bill. I found this car to be a much better option than a Go+. Also, the thing I liked about it was the provision of 4 airbags. This one can definitely be a success if Renault seriously markets it well and highlights it positives with all sincerity. Renault should create enough buzz around it so that it is able create an impression in the minds of buyers. In today's cut-throat competition a well rounded product with a reasonable price is going to be accepted if pushed by brand properly.

Regards

Akash

Did a test drive of the Triber yesterday. The pros are already mentioned by many till now. Yes, it is excellent space management and full marks to Renault for that. It doesn't look as a sub-4m at all.
Being an owner of Ertiga 1st gen, I felt Triber as a baby Ertiga with some enhancements in features it offers.
What I was more interested is to test the engine. The salesman was happy to offer a test drive with 6 people on board on a hilly incline. The car performed decently on the incline with A/C on and in 2nd gear. The initial vibrations are felt when you start in 1st gear with little engine noise inside the cabin. But as you pick up speed the car drives smoothly.
Overall, it is a complete Value For Money package at an attractive price point. Renault should advertise it more highlighting it's advantages over the competition.
The showroom had many customers walking in to check out the Triber & the test drive car was continuously busy. Surely, Renault has a winner on hands.

Cons
  1. 3 cylinder 1 litre engine, doesnot do justice for a such a practical car, Engine was noisy, could hear the noise in the cabin.
This singularly make this vehicle a risky proposition, more so, since Renault built it to be loaded with 5+2 & litlle luggage. Where the hell is the basic torque, power to help the occupants?

I got my Triber Rxz last week. Coming from old gen Alto Lxi (driving it for 8 years), this is definitely a big upgrade in terms of features, design, space and overall experience. The engine is okay for city drive and we will have 6 to 7 passengers once in a while, except for that I think this is a good car for my family.I cant really tell about the exact mileage as traffic is horrible, for the past 5 days, the mileage shows here varies to 15 to 16.

I got my Triber Rxz last week. Coming from old gen Alto Lxi (driving it for 8 years), this is definitely a big upgrade in terms of features, design, space and overall experience. The engine is okay for city drive and we will have 6 to 7 passengers once in a while, except for that I think this is a good car for my family.I cant really tell about the exact mileage as traffic is horrible, for the past 5 days, the mileage shows here varies to 15 to 16.
Congrats on your Triber, what colour have you got, Renault has packaged the interiors well, for the small footprint kwid it's based on.
Enjoy your ride.

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Renault Triber RXL Vs RXT
Which is the better value for money mid variant?
Watch my detailed comparison.
My test drive and back seat ride review of the Renault Triber.
You are free to ask any doubts.
Hope you like it!
DJ Wale Bro[:D] Have seen you making commendable efforts and bringing to us great and detailed insights about the new launched cars. Hope you continue with the same passion and share with us soon your valuable insights on the Altroz[;)]

Regards

Akash

DJ Wale Bro[:D] Have seen you making commendable efforts and bringing to us great and detailed insights about the new launched cars. Hope you continue with the same passion and share with us soon your valuable insights on the Altroz[;)]

Regards

Akash
Thanks a lot bro.
Yes, this has become my livelihood and will continue with passion. Will do review each and every car and it's variants surely. Thanks for the support.
BTW, Altroz is still sometime away.

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Renault Triber with official accessories worth nearly Rs. 50,000: Check it out!

Renault Triber looks well designed and proportionate on roads. It looks appealing and to ensure that customers can further make the Triber look like a vehicle that they like, a range of official accessories are available for the car. Here is a video by Ghost Venom who shows a Triber fitted with all the official accessories from Renault.

Read:

Top Bottom