Renault Kwid 1.0L M.T Drive Review

Thread Starter #16

Akash1886

Honoured Member
What I disliked in Kwid 1.0

* The 1.0 L SCe Engine (Smart Control Efficiency) needs rework in terms of NVH and idling. Perhaps an RPM adjusting can help.

* Cost Cuttings evident in many places.

* At many points the finishing inside the cabin is not up to the mark.

* No Rear Wiper in top variant. Front wiper's quality also average.

* ICE Sound Quality is below average.

* Acceleration is not up to mark.

* Steering feedback not convincing enough.

* Braking is just about average.

* No Dead Pedal Provided to Kwid

* Poor Safety Ratings to Indian Spec Kwid.

* No Reverse Guidance in touchscreen.

* Bigger IRVM needed.

* 3 Lug Nut Concept.

* No cladding inside the rear wheel arcs and make shift partial cladding material used in front wheel arcs.

* Fuel Efficiency of 1.0 L Petrol Engine is claimed as 25.17 km/L but I got 12.7 km/L i.e about only 50% of the claimed figure (with AC in CITY driving).

What I loved in Kwid 1.0 SCe

* Paint Quality is good.

* Panel Gaps are controlled

* Seating is comfortable otherwise but Knee room is very less

* Roof Design. The depression in roof gives it a strong feel.

* Overall External Looks are nice and impressive.

* AC is wonderful. It cooled the cabin evenly and fast in the afternoon heat.

Couple of OEM Accessories provided by Dealer for the Kwid. Suggest all to avoid the chrome sun visors for the windows as they are too cheap and look loud.

Sill Plate

20160906_150934.jpg

Alloys for Wheels

20160907_140027.jpg

Some Parting Snaps of the Renault Kwid 1.0 L SCe Petrol.​

20160906_151657.jpg

20160907_140702.jpg

20160907_140233.jpg

20160906_151626.jpg

20160906_150324.jpg

20160906_150636.jpg

All the above pics and details are only for The Automotive India. Any sharing needs full credit to TAI

Regards

Akash

Although a good looking Baby duster, Kwid’s price is close to Tiago. If you consider the EMI difference, it is negligible. I can't see why someone who has Kwid 1 L in his consideration set would hesitate to upgrade to Tiago – which is far more VFM, and in a higher segment too.

Although a good looking Baby duster, Kwid’s price is close to Tiago. If you consider the EMI difference, it is negligible. I can't see why someone who has Kwid 1 L in his consideration set would hesitate to upgrade to Tiago – which is far more VFM, and in a higher segment too.
One of my relatives had been waiting for the KWID 1.0L now dropped the idea because it's only available in top trim. He is seriously considering Tiago. His only concern with Tiago isis the resale value of TATA cars.

One of my relatives had been waiting for the KWID 1.0L now dropped the idea because it's only available in top trim. He is seriously considering Tiago. His only concern with Tiago isis the resale value of TATA cars.
Honestly the only chink I know in Tiagos armour is the fact that how royally Tata has messed up with its production which has resulted in long waiting periods. But there is simply no comparison between the Kwid and the Tiago. Considering that your relative considered the Kwid and the Tiago I don't think he should worry about the Tiagos resale value because of the quality that has gone into making the Tiago, Its definately not going to be worse than the Kwid. The kwid looks swell but more like a Body builder on steroids and few years down the line jt is not going to age well. When I was in the market for the next car I did check on the Tiago as well as Kwid and would have considered Kwid 1.0 and waited on it had I been impressed by its siblings build quality. No matter all that gadgety gimmicky stuffs I found the build disappointing for all the hype and hoopla. On the other hand the Tiago was a breath of fresh air. But I bought neither. Loved to have owned the Tiago but due to some family plans as well I couldn't wait so long for Tata to sort out its production.

I got a chance to test drive the kwid 1.0. Strangely your words similar to what I told my relative. It didn't feel durable. I could only take a look at Tiago could not TD since the TD vehicle was not available today, but the car looked substantial and upmarket compared to Kwid. If it's a shootout between the kwid and the Tiago, I think Tiago wins hands down.

Thread Starter #23

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Introducing the new Renault KWID LIVE FOR MORE COLLECTION

KWID-LFMC-3072x1728.jpg.ximg.l_12_m.smart.jpg

The striking new Renault KWID LIVE FOR MORE COLLECTION gets more stylish. The 7 new designer graphic options are available in all 5 colours and the thoughtfully designed roof rails add to the KWID's appeal. Choose what suits your personality and be ready to make heads turn.

Go ahead, make the most of everyday.

LIVE FOR MORE COLLECTION AVAILABLE IN 0.8L, 1.0L AND 1.0L AMT VARIANTS
Regards

Akash

Thread Starter #24

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Renault KWID 2nd Anniversary Edition

DIUQ4NZUwAA-jOE.jpg

Kwid_2ndAnniversary_White_Insert_27082017.jpg.ximg.l_6_m.smart.jpg

kwid_2ndAnniversary-Seats_27082017.jpg.ximg.l_6_m.smart.jpg

Kwid_2ndAnniversary-floor-mat-shot-27082017.jpg.ximg.l_6_m.smart.jpg

kwid_2ndAnniversary-gearshot-27082017.jpg.ximg.l_6_m.smart.jpg

kwid_2ndAnniversary-Roof_27082017.jpg.ximg.l_6_m.smart.jpg

India's favourite car gets a sporty makeover. The special edition 2nd Anniversary KWID comes in stylish Fiery Red and Ice Cool White color options. It features contrasting 02 insignia on the hood and the iconic Sportline garphics on the roof and C-pillar. On the inside, the 02 theme carries forward on the upholstery and floor mats. The distinct dual-tone knob adds energy to the interiors, while the touchscreen MediaNAV and digital instrument cluster offer a world of infotainment. The special edition KWID comes in 0.8L and 1.0L engine options with manual transmission, and with a high ground clearance of 180 mm, is designed to take on any road with ease. Get ready for a sportier lifestyle. Get ready to live for more play.
Regards

Akash

Thread Starter #25

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Friends,

Renault India has launched a special edition of the Kwid Hatchback called 'Kwid Live For More Reloaded' with aesthetic add-ons.

kwid-lfm-r-4.jpg.ximg.l_6_m.smart.jpg

kwid-lfm-r-6.jpg.ximg.l_6_m.smart.jpg

kwid-lfm-r-1.jpg.ximg.l_6_m.smart.jpg

kwid-lfm-r-3.jpg.ximg.l_6_m.smart.jpg

kwid-lfm-r-2.jpg.ximg.l_6_m.smart.jpg

kwid-lfm-r-5.jpg.ximg.l_6_m.smart.jpg

Head-turning style meets limitless fun as the Renault KWID gets a stylish makeover in the new Renault KWID Live For More Reloaded.

Its striking exteriors feature electric lime and black decals on the side trunk and ORVM. The car also gets a trendy appeal with the dual tone arching roof bars and steel silver highlights on the front grille.
Regards

Akash

Why on earth don't they stop doing these gawdy sticker jobs and provide useful stuff like rear wiper or decrease the noise filtering in the cabin ?[anger]

Top Bottom