Renault Duster Review & Pictures

Hi All,

I am Newbie here.

Booked Woodland Brown Duster 85PS RxL (Opt) at 31st –Mar-2015 and got delivery at 08th-Apr-2015 – Renault Salem.

So far 2500Kms done and enjoying each and every ride. FE is good almost around 16 – 17 KMPL in city driving with AC.

First service completed @ 1928Kms at Renault-OMR Chennai ( Still not yet received bill for same that is different story.[cry]) . As of nothing much problems reported except driver seat rattling and occasional noise / vibration from passenger side sun visor.

Regards,
Dhanabal

Just an update .

Since both high and low beam OE bulbs not great visibility on highways hence changed Philips xtreme vision with same wats. Now visibility much better compare to OE bulbs .

Next planing to replace fog(H11) lamp bulb . can I go for Philips xtreme vision for fog lamp as well? Or do I need to consider anything before replace it.

Kindly suggest me on this . thanks

Today I went to 3M car care @ OMR Chennai and opted for exterior annual package. Total damage was Rs.12600. A package that takes care of my car exterior round the year.

1. Month-0 Power Shine
2. Month-5 Paint Sealant Advanced
3. Month-11 UV Protect
4. 2 nos of complete Car Wash

Almost they took 5 hours for this job and let below picture speaks further.

Attachments

Month ago from Coimbatore to Chennai trip I noticed that there was AC condensation water flowing on the floor towards the driver side of the car. Once I reached Chennai given car to OMR Renault to identify and rectify the problem. Whole day of analysis they came up with none of the problem found even I clearly showed SA where water comes from then I asked SA what will do if water flows again. SA simply said its quite normal if you drive continuously 5 to 6 hours with AC on.

Again two weeks back from Chennai to Coimbatore trip the same problem arise and almost 250 ML AC condensation water found on driver side floor. Next day morning went to Renault Coimbatore for the same problem showed to SA where the water drops comes from. SA checked and told me that this is first complaint for 2015 make DUSTER and he need 3 days time , since it needs to remove the dashboard and check further. I strictly told that it should not be any rattle for removing and re-fitting the dashboard as its 3 months old car. He confirmed that will take care then I handed over car to them and came back to Chennai.

After 5 days went there take my car back , asked SA what was the works done so far to arrest the problem. SA told me that there was AC less cooling so that condensation happened. Now the GAS have been top up and tested 4 to 5 hours with AC usage and not found water dropping problem hence we have not removed the dashboard. Also he told me that if problem comes again will raise the issue to Renault India and that time it may require to remove the dashboard to check and analysis further.

Next day I started from Coimbatore to Chennai and not found problem , hope it got fixed [:)] or else time will tell the same problem will comes again or not.[cry]

Mine is Duster 85 PS Opt Plus , if anyone having the same problem and GAS top up will resolve this issue?.

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
@Dusty, one more TAI - ger dr. Kousthubh's Duster suffered from similar problem of water leakage, it was some faulty pipe carrying conditioned air towards rear vents.
He has got it replaced and problem is solved. Nagpur RASS guys were saying that it was a known problem & solution in duster.

Renault to launch Duster Facelift & Automatic by End 2015.

Will come with Diesel Automatic (6 Speed) along with some new cosmetic changes

Source - Renault Duster facelift & automatic coming in 2015 | Shifting-Gears
Any clue if the source is reliable? After waiting 2-3 months for Creta and being bitterly disappointed I have shortlisted Duster 85 RxL Plus Option and XUV W4. Now with the talk of Duster AT, im cringing on the thought of waiting another 3-4 months. Additionally, wouldn't the cost hit around 13-14 ex showroom too?

Also, would appreciate help if anyone has inputs on Duster 85 RxL Plus Option and XUV W4. Duster 110 RxZ Plus is also an option but the 1.2L more is pinching a bit.

Cheers...

@Dusty, one more TAI - ger dr. Kousthubh's Duster suffered from similar problem of water leakage, it was some faulty pipe carrying conditioned air towards rear vents.
He has got it replaced and problem is solved. Nagpur RASS guys were saying that it was a known problem & solution in duster.
@Tornado, But for me RASS guys have not changed anything.[frustration] They said its due to low cooling and we just refilled the gas, however day after tomorrow i plan to go for long trip let monitor and update. hope it should not reoccur. One more thing driver seat rattles still continue to persists , 10000KM service is due for coming week and will ask RASS guys to check again.

I happy to announce that We blessed with baby girl on last Thursday[:)].
Since I was in Coimbatore last week and given my Dusty for second service @ 9341 Kms – Renault Coimbatore and total damage Rs.6714.00. I opted for synthetic oil and apart from as it is in service scheduled , also SA try to push engine bay coating and I strictly said no.

Renault-Nissan Massively Downsizing Workforce At India Plant

Setting up a huge plant in anticipation of huge surge in sales seems reasonably easy for the global giants riding on big financial resources. This has led to them building huge factories in India as land is given to them at cheaper prices in anticipation of growing employment. Labour is available for cheap in India which helps them reduce costs and make India their export hub too. But, sometimes sales forecasts go horribly wrong and that is when the company realises that it is bleeding badly due to such plants. Renault-Nissan is the latest to realise the same.

The two companies had setup a production plant in Tamil Nadu which was the largest car plant in the country back then. With a production capacity of 4,00,000 cars every year, it is a mega factory. In the initial phase, the company did find sales to be rising in the Indian market and this was majorly due to the Renault Duster which got the first mover advantage in the compact SUV segment. Later on, the Nissan Terrano which is basically a re-badged Duster added volumes too. Exports were also being done from the plant but in limited numbers. However, with the competition now catching up, sales for both the brands have fallen.

The recently launched Renault Lodgy hasn’t been able to be an outstanding success which has led to a huge inventory pileup at the plant as well as dealerships. If reports are to be believed, around 4100 units of the Lodgy are standing in the plant yards with around 5140 Dusters accompanying them. Dealers across the nation are sitting on 10,500 cars which is a huge number. With both the brands drawing only 4000 units instead of the earlier 12,000 units, production has to be cut down. Along with the production cut comes the dismissal of 3000 employees which includes trainees, casual workers and apprentices.

^^ That's a nice piece of news, while I think that there's a some alignment issues with production planning, dismissal is what the whole country faces on an usual note.

Top Bottom