Renault Duster Review & Pictures

Re: Renault Duster Review | Test Drive | Pictures

Hi all,
Just small updates on my vehicle and query posted by many.

1.) Update on my AWD RXZ
KMS done 6000
Problems faced: Nil (some sound in central part of dashboard and driver side rear door on uneven surfaces)
Mileage:
Best 24.1 (@ 70 KMPH, non AC, Single passenger, Yamuna Expressway on a stretch of 10 kms),
City Driving: around 14 - 16 KMPL on daily delhi Gurgaon route.

Answer to Queries:
1.) Does interior feel better now: Yes it feels a bit better now but again a lot shall be updated.

All in all a nice car to own and drive, it doesn't feel stressed on highways or in city. Yes 85PS version takes a bit of time more to reach to the desired speed on highways.

Hi everyone,
I am also planning to book RXL Plus 85ps from WhiteField Renault Bangalore.
Since it is RXL Plus, it does not have alloys or reverse parking sensor. I thought of adding these accessories and the dealer quoted the following prices. Please share your thoughts on the prices. Thank you.

- Alloys:- Renault standard design (which we see in RXZ models) - quoted 13500/- for each for silver color ones. They say it is manufactured in France so expensive.
Smoked Grey or anthracite alloys - which is seen in AWD version - quoted 9500/- each - they say it is manufactured in Chennai - so less price!
- Reverse camera + parking sensor :- 12500 + 4500
- Cladding only on wheel arches (like we see in awd) : 25000/-

Offered a overall 5% discount on the total amount.

Please share your thoughts on the prices, if they are on the higher side. Thank you all.

Why 85PS and not 110 BHP ? I felt the 85ps version to be a bit underpowered to be honest.

Budget constraints. The road tax is way too high in Bangalore. 110 ps goes out of my limit and there is a 80k+ discount on rxl plus.

Hi everyone,
I am also planning to book RXL Plus 85ps from WhiteField Renault Bangalore.
Since it is RXL Plus, it does not have alloys or reverse parking sensor. I thought of adding these accessories and the dealer quoted the following prices. Please share your thoughts on the prices. Thank you.

- Alloys:- Renault standard design (which we see in RXZ models) - quoted 13500/- for each for silver color ones. They say it is manufactured in France so expensive.
Smoked Grey or anthracite alloys - which is seen in AWD version - quoted 9500/- each - they say it is manufactured in Chennai - so less price!
- Reverse camera + parking sensor :- 12500 + 4500
- Cladding only on wheel arches (like we see in awd) : 25000/-

Offered a overall 5% discount on the total amount.

Please share your thoughts on the prices, if they are on the higher side. Thank you all.
Hi simplysaj,

IMO why don't you try aftermarket non OE alloys like Neo,Aero? They have good designs and to some extent less priced than the OE ones.

Also the wheel arches price is exorbitant, would suggest you either upgrade to upper model or google for non OE ones for a better price.

Xenos parking sensors with camera will come at INR 10,000 which does a good job.

Guys, I am contemplating a Duster/Terrano/XUV for my long distance, mild offroad/bad road needs.

I would have loved to buy the Avventura, but it is a bit small on the inside (rear seat) for my needs.

XUV looks VFM for the offering, barring the slightly harsh ride quality on bad roads and some unresolved quality niggles (although its not that the Duster is 100% niggle free).
I am not sure about the value proposition of the Terrano over the Duster, especially the 110 PS variant with that protruding rear AC vent. 2015 onwards, Terrano feels even lesser VFM.

The 85 PS looks financially attractive, but feels quite underpowered. How much of a difference will it make genuinely on a daily usage basis, I would like to know from current owners.
I am also a bit concerned about the "light" build quality of the sheet metal. How big of a concern has it been for current users ?

Last edited:

@acechip i will suggest to opt for XUV which has great road presence and is with all the bells and whistles.
on the other hand Terrano 110 PS top end will cost around 13.5 to 14.00 L on road price with out Automatic climate control.
I have driven Duster and XUV both, i will recommend you XUV for its luxury feeling inside out.

@Dadasaheb, I have also driven the Duster and XUV multiple times, but I felt that the Duster ride was a tad superior to the XUV. In any case, they have to be really worthy cars to replace the Linea T-Jet I have currently. So far I am not fully convinced either way. It is going to be a hard decision, if executed at all.
Wish Fiat were to bring in a midsize SUV this year !! But based on their current track record, it is futile to expect major changes.

I will request you to give a chance to hyundai IX25 and please wait for another 5-6 months till its launch and then decide on your purchase, as it is going to be mainly duster and ecosport compititor.
many reports suggest that it is coming with 1.6 CRDI from Verna along with automatic gearbox and will be with many segment first features.
this will easily surpass duster is power and FE, features, interiors, exteriors, but it will not in the ride quality i guess which is very very good and better than many cars in india.

Last edited:

I wanted to know from existing Duster/Terrano owners, is the cost of denting/body work on the Duster/Terrano a bit on the high side ? I read on an another post in the forum that a biker hit a Terrano doorside, apparently at not very high speed, and caused 50000 Rs worth of damage!
Would appreciate if existing owners can corroborate with this in some way.

I wanted to know from existing Duster/Terrano owners, is the cost of denting/body work on the Duster/Terrano a bit on the high side ? I read on an another post in the forum that a biker hit a Terrano doorside, apparently at not very high speed, and caused 50000 Rs worth of damage!
Would appreciate if existing owners can corroborate with this in some way.
Iam sure you are quoting my post here http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...2014-honda-city-first-look-page-12-a-117.html, (Right at the bottom). Can you please clarify where i have mentioned the speed of impact and the extent of damage in that post? I have only mentioned the point of contact(door) and I mentioned he rammed(meaning with force). Please its a kind request - refrain from writing misleading comments.

Last edited:

Your comment
Really sorry to hear about this. Some bikers are such nuisance on the road. There was one incident with my friend in which a biker trying to sqeeze throug the left side, when she had put on her indicator to turn left and ramed in her Terrano's door. He saw a lady, abused her and left the spot. The damage to my friends car Rs. 50000 for no fault of her's.
My comment
biker hit a Terrano doorside, apparently at not very high speed, and caused 50000 Rs worth of damage!
Kindly tell me where I have made misleading comments ?

Duster's Second Service - 8k?

Hi,
My Duster's first service was due on 29th November and due to some unavoidable reasons I could not make it through. [frustration]

I was waiting for the second service call from Renault but they didn't call, so I called them instead and asked them for about the second service. They fixed an appointment for me for this week.

I also inquired about the charges for the service, they told me that labour charges are free and everything else is chargeable and it will cost me around 8k. (I guess that includes engine oil, brake oil...etc) [confused]

Just wanted to confirm... 8k seriously? and what are the things I expect them to do it in the second service?

Admin - Please move my post to it's proper forum location, I didn't know where to post this.

Thanks. [:D]

Top Bottom