Renault Duster 4x4 Now Launched in India

Thread Starter #1
Re: Renault Duster Road Test Drive Review

Renault India’s Duster 4X4 SUV could be in September 2014.

Expect the Renault Duster to be offered with the 4 wheel drive system only on its top 110 PS variant, which uses the 1.5 liter K9K turbo diesel engine in 108 Bhp-248 Nm state of tune. A six speed manual gearbox comes standard with this engine.
Doesn't 110 PS appear little on lower side for 4x4 performance? May be TOD or AWD without real 4L transfer gear.

Re: Renault Duster Road Test Drive Review

Duster AWD is indeed on it's way. Got a mail form Gang of Dusters inviting for a special preview on 15th August @8a.m. Unfortunately for me the event is at Lavasa city, Pune.

Hoping that someone from this forum will be a part of it and will be able to share details! Now just waiting for the facelift to come..

Thread Starter #4
Re: Renault Duster 4x4 Launch Likely in September 2014

Spy pics of the 4X4 testing in India ( Pune)
renault-duster-4x4-off-roader-zigwheels-exclusive-12082014-s6_640x480.jpg
1.Renault Duster Adventure Edition, the 4x4 variant too will get the blackened out headlights.
renault-duster-4x4-off-roader-zigwheels-exclusive-12082014-s5_640x480.jpg
2.The only visual difference on the outside is the 4WD badge on the boot lid.
renault-duster-4x4-off-roader-zigwheels-exclusive-12082014-s7_640x480.jpg
3.The Renault Duster 4x4 version will be launched with steel wheels as well as alloys. Both versions will sport the same 215/65 R16 rubber
renault-duster-4x4-off-roader-zigwheels-exclusive-12082014-s10_640x480.jpg
4.The overall layout of the interiors remains unchanged. The steering wheel and the red seats are the only notable differences
renault-duster-4x4-off-roader-zigwheels-exclusive-12082014-s4_640x480.jpg
5.The top-of-the-line variant will get the larger touch screen infotainment system that we have already seen on the Adventure Edition
renault-duster-4x4-off-roader-zigwheels-exclusive-12082014-s9_640x480.jpg

Source:Zigwheels

6.The switch to toggle between 2WD and 4WD modes is be located under the AC controls. The Renault Duster 4x4 will also get a differential lock and traction control

Last edited:

I'm unable to understand what are the plans of Renault for Duster in India. I hear that there is a face lift on the way and it has all the fixes for the issues in the current car and also some improvements (somewhere I read, it's based on customer feedback). I now see that 4X4 is on the offering, but not the face-lifted one. But from Autocar India review, it seems that they have made some improvements in the 4x4. So when is the actual face lift coming to India? Why can't they release 4x4 on top of the facelift? Even if the current one is a good car, I feel that there are lots of items missing and need to be fixed. And also if a face lift is on the way, it would be foolish to buy the current version. I'm waiting for the face lift and my patience is wearing out. If they don't release soon, I will go and buy some other car. Buying a Renault is always a risk as they just have one successful model. If I'm taking that risk, it should be worth the risk. The current version of Duster is not worth the risk.

Renault Duster will be available in 110PS RxZ & RxL variants.

Highlights are: (compiled from various sites)

Exterior:-
* 'Anthracite' (gun metal finished) alloy wheels,
* darkened head-lamp clusters
* matte black B-pillars on the RxZ trim
* 4WD decals on the side, the C-pillar and the tail gate.

Interior:-
* New 3-spoke steering wheel
* dual-tone grey and red seats
* new bee-hive design & dual-tone, black and grey dashboard
* Audio & phone controls on steering
* central console like Adventure Edition (with satellite navigation, 2 din audio)

Engine & chassis:-
* new electronically controlled 4x4 system, which Renault calls the i-Drive Technology
* three modes on the AWD selector knob on central console: 2WD, Auto and Lock. While '2WD' keeps it permanently front-wheel driven, 'Auto' sends a part of the power to the rear wheels when the system detects that the front wheels are losing traction. 'Lock', on the other hand, keeps the hardware in 4x4 mode up to around 60Km/h, after which, it shifts back to 'Auto' mode.
* independent suspension at all four corners instead of a torsion beam axle, so better ride
* clutch comparatively lighter
* shortened the gear ratios especially 1st & 2nd - advantage in city traffic driving & off roading.

Cost:-
* will cost about Rs. 75,000 - 1 lac more than the current top-end Duster.

Last edited:

350Z

Core Team
Finally the Duster 4x4 is here. Following is the price list and additional features:

Price (Ex.showroom, Delhi):

> RXL: Rs.11.89 Lakh

> RXZ: Rs.12.99 Lakh

AWD Specific Features:

> 2WD, 4WD and Auto Modes

> Electronic Torque Control System

> All-wheel Independent Multi-Link Suspension

Exterior Features:

> Matte-Black B-Pillars

> AWD and 4x4 Badges

> Dark Headlamps Finish

> Smoke Grey Alloy Wheels

Interior Features:

> Three Pod Instrument Cluster

> Dual Tone Red and Grey Interiors

> New Three Spoke Steering Wheel

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

6.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

Drive Safe,
350Z

AMG

Suspended
If there was a pointless launch, this is it.

At that price point, I see no reason for anyone to go for this over the Safari/Scorpio 4x4.

And why not add a few rupees extra and go for an XUV top end AWD.

Sorry amg.have to disagree on this one.I have a farm at a hill station which requires a 4wd vehicle.Now i go there once a week and my other runabouts are in the city.So if you look at the options Safari is too big for the city,scorpio and XUV the same with just 180 mm ground clearance. I have been desperately waiting for awd from Renault from the day it was launched.So each of us have different set of needs and requirements and for me this vehicle suits me perfectly

AMG

Suspended
Sorry amg.have to disagree on this one.I have a farm at a hill station which requires a 4wd vehicle.Now i go there once a week and my other runabouts are in the city.So if you look at the options Safari is too big for the city,scorpio and XUV the same with just 180 mm ground clearance. I have been desperately waiting for awd from Renault from the day it was launched.So each of us have different set of needs and requirements and for me this vehicle suits me perfectly

4,315 x 1,822 Duster
4,493 x 1,816 Scorpio
4655 x 1965 Safari

I dont think the difference in the sizes is worth sacrificing the added option of extra seats if and when the need arises.

Especially the scorpio and Duster. They're pretty neck and neck. The scorpio is less wide.

Accept your points .Have an innova for nearly 6 years and out of all these years the third row seats have been hardly used for not more than 10 times.And lets not forget about the ride quality and body roll between these vehicles.

AMG

Suspended
Not more than 10 times.

But the fact is that when the need arises, for the 11th time, you will then regret buying a 5 seater.

AMG .yes a 7 seater is always a convience.My first preference was a fortuner for the fuss free ownership.Again a bulk vehicle with seven seats. Did not consider Safari for TaTa A.s.s. and Scorpio for the horse riding and low gc.What i am trying to stress is i am happy with what renault offers with the duster.No offence.And why lug around with the extra real estate.As you said for the 11th time have to compromise.

Last edited:

Top Bottom