Renault All Set To Launch Lodgy MPV in India

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akash1886

Honoured Member
I am now owning my second Innova and all I have to say about Innova is that it is simply worth benchmarking while making a new MUV.
Absolutely! Very Well said. I 2nd you on this since whenever I have used Innova for a long trip, it has been an awesome experience both in terms of comfort and ride quality.

Sirji, going by the pricing, interior space and the way Renault is marketing the Lodgy for now, what they are targetting bang on are Innova, Aria and Xylo. Now let's see what exactly is under the arsenal of Lodgy for the competition.
Vipul I do hope Renault is taking a calculated move since, Innova has 2.5L engine and performance of Innova would be unjustifiably compared to 1.5L DCi Lodgy(if at all its done). Lets see whats in the store for buyers. Also, Xylo, I hope will face a big challenge from this Lodgy and though I am guessing too much, but will it also affect market of Scorpio?

In fact the battle will become more interesting if Lodgy gives a nose dive to the sales of Innova, this will result in some BIG changes in what the current plans Toyota is having for the 2016 Innova.
I am sure Toyota will be eagerly following this launch and would be taking cues from Lodgy for the 2016 Innova. However, as you said above, Innova is a benchmark in the segment, so I still feel, If someone can pose a challenge to Lodgy, then that's Innova.

Regards

Akash

A good mpv if they price it right. Cough innova cough. Renault sole presence in country is marked by Duster. Hope this brings success and fame for them.

Renault Lodgy likely to be launched in top trim only - lower variants will come in later.
Expect a premium picing for the same !

Renault India will launch thee Lodgy will be launched with two power outputs – the 84bhp and the 108.5bhp versions of the 1.5 litre K9K diesel motor and both will get just the fully loaded trim in seven and eight seat configurations.

Features on this trim include touchscreen infotainment system with sat nav, aux-in, USB and Bluetooth, height-adjustable driver’s seat, electrically-adjustable wing mirrors, rear parking sensors, reversing camera, power sockets and AC vents for all three rows. Also standard on the top variant are features like cruise control, dual front airbags, ABS with EBD and brake assist, height-adjustable front seatbelts, front fog lamps, rear wiper, washer and defogger. Cosmetic elements include alloy wheels and leather upholstery in the cabin.

Renault Lodgy likely to be launched in top trim only | Car News | MPV/MUVs | Autocar India

350Z

Core Team
Renault Lodgy is launching this week on 9th April. Our comprehensive review will be online shortly with answers to all the queries in this thread.

Drive Safe,
350Z

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
Friends,

I am going to attend the unveiling of the new Renault Lodgy on 09th April 2015 at their dealership here.

Regards

Akash
i saw a lodgy today at moti nagar dealer. thought it was already launched and it was parked in the open and a couple was checking the car.

the car looked really odd at the first glimpse. didn't see and cared to take a pic since i thought it was already launched.

Akash1886

Honoured Member
i saw a lodgy today at moti nagar dealer. thought it was already launched and it was parked in the open and a couple was checking the car. didn't see and cared to take a pic since i thought it was already launched.
Well could be a rare sight. Really brave of the dealer to park a yet-to-be launched vehicle in open. Generally they park in stockyard. I feel, look wise, I personally find it better in looks than Mobilio to be honest.

Regards

Akash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom