Renault All Set To Launch Lodgy MPV in India

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lodgy to be launched in April 2015

Lodgy will come with the 1.5 L Diesel Engine in 85ps & 108ps versions.

Source:ACI Tweet

i love this car by the looks and interiors based on the images uploaded here. i am waiting for the Indian version review to see how good it is.......to buy it.

i think other than Lodgy no car can give competition to Innova, please compare it with the best selling MPV from Toyota with all performance, space, safety aspects, handling, Fuel Efficiency, features
as i think Ertiga, Mobillio, Enjoy, Evalia, style are not proper 7 seaters.

350Z

Core Team
Sharing a few exclusive updates straight from Renault Lodgy media drive event:

• Launch happening around first two weeks of April.

• The expected pricing is between Rs.9 - 13 Lakh.

• Two front airbags, ABS along with EBD available.

• Features 7" mediannav for multimedia and navigation with 3 year free map updates, segment unique cruise control.
Renault Lodgy Specifications:

• Engine: 1461 CC (Diesel)

• Power: 85 PS / 110 PS

• Torque: 200 Nm / 245 Nm

• Gearbox: 5 Speed / 6 Speed

• ARAI Mileage: 21.04 Kmpl / 19.98 Kmpl
Dimensions:

• Length: 4498 mm

• Width: 1751 mm

• Height: 1697 mm

• Wheelbase: 2810 mm

• Tyre Size: 185/65 R15

• Kerb weight: 1368 Kgs

• Fuel Tank: 50 Liters
Boot Space:

• 207 Liters with all rows up.

• 589 Liters with 3rd row tumbled.

• 759 Liters with 3rd row removed.

• 1861 Liters with 3rd row removed and 2nd row tumbled.

_20150315_004113.JPG

_20150315_004126.JPG

_20150315_004014.JPG

_20150315_003930.JPG

Drive Safe,
350Z

@350Z,
How different is the Stepway version compared to the regular version ? Any difference in features between the two ? Please upload the Lodgy Stepway pictures in case the version is available at the media drive

350Z

Core Team
@350Z,
How different is the Stepway version compared to the regular version ? Any difference in features between the two ? Please upload the Lodgy Stepway pictures in case the version is available at the media drive
Nope. Only normal 110PS version available (not even 85 PS).

Drive Safe,
350Z

@350Z:

I need answer to just one question, and its a tough one(it contains everything actually):

Has Innova got some true competition? Especially in the key fields of overall product quality, comfort and drivability.

Rest I am quite sure going by the weight, availability of 6 speed gearbox and engine that overall performance is definitely way better than Innova, but with turbo lag!

Advise: Hold your breath while pressing the shutter button for a second, this will help get steady and very clear shots.

Last edited:
Nope. Only 110PS version available (not even 85 PS).
How many versions are there in each of the 2 diesel engines(85PS & 110PS). RXL is the popular variant in Duster with regards to price & features, is the Lodgy too loaded with almost all features in mid trim RXL compared to RXZ ?

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Friends,

With the looks of it and the interior pics shared by Vibhor, I am really looking forward to this MPV and honestly, it would be interesting to see the sales figures of May-2015 and June 2015 of this car in comparison to Ertiga. Some how I feel, it would be too early to compare it to Innova as Innova has evolved over the years. It will be toughest competitor to the likes of Enjoy, Evalia, Mobilio as well. Ertiga's 1.3 DDiS and Lodgy's 1.5 DCi would be a major deciding factor(at present i.e for next 2 months at least until facelift Ertiga comes with AMT and supposedly the 1.5L Mill) plus Ertiga's Interiors are now started to look dated since its 3 years since the launch so on that front Lodgy offers a refreshed feel and lastly 6 Speed Transmission of Lodgy could also win many admirers.

Regards

Akash

This is what i want to ask to 350Z!Thank you TSIVipul[:D].
Welcome sirji, I am humbled.

@350Z:In mpvs like Innova,as the number of passengers increases,the driver didn't get any stress while driving.Please check this case with Lodgy with passengers filled on all seats,if you get enough time.
[/QUOTE]
I am now owning my second Innova and all I have to say about Innova is that it is simply worth benchmarking while making a new MUV. It has simply got every basic need of a properly comfortable mile muncher people mover and I am really doubtful if any other UV in the segment or even the nearing segments as as much close to perfect as the Innova is.

Not going by the figures on paper, I need to check the vehicle in person and then see how close or maybe ahead of the Innova it is.

Friends,

With the looks of it and the interior pics shared by Vibhor, I am really looking forward to this MPV and honestly, it would be interesting to see the sales figures of May-2015 and June 2015 of this car in comparison to Ertiga. Some how I feel, it would be too early to compare it to Innova as Innova has evolved over the years. It will be toughest competitor to the likes of Enjoy, Evalia, Mobilio as well. Ertiga's 1.3 DDiS and Lodgy's 1.5 DCi would be a major deciding factor(at present i.e for next 2 months at least until facelift Ertiga comes with AMT and supposedly the 1.5L Mill) plus Ertiga's Interiors are now started to look dated since its 3 years since the launch so on that front Lodgy offers a refreshed feel and lastly 6 Speed Transmission of Lodgy could also win many admirers.

Regards

Akash
Sirji, going by the pricing, interior space and the way Renault is marketing the Lodgy for now, what they are targetting bang on are Innova, Aria and Xylo. Now let's see what exactly is under the arsenal of Lodgy for the competition.

In fact the battle will become more interesting if Lodgy gives a nose dive to the sales of Innova, this will result in some BIG changes in what the current plans Toyota is having for the 2016 Innova.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom