Remote Hatch Opener - For Alto Owners Only

Thread Starter #1
Hi guys I am here with one of my successful experiment., I hope it would be very helpfull for the alto owners who suffering to open hatch with the key frequently, let me explain. Every day infront of the gate of Economic Zone for the job, security persons wants to check the car all over includes boot. I used to give the key to them to open the boot and check anything wrong inside the car.

Once I saw the new version of alto, new alto k10 and I got idea to fix a hatch opener in my car too., yes thats my turn and I did it. Now I wish to share my experiment with TAI peoples., the parts no below and the photos will talk more.

1. 82650 M79 G00 Striker, Back door Latch 1
2. 83310 M76 G50 Lever, Fuel Lid Opener 1
3. 83350 M79 G20 Cable, Back door opener 1

Here is the cable

The Stricker

Liver combo

All components view

The old stricker

Single fuel lid liver

Removed the old liver

Compo liver in place

Rooted cable to latch

Under back seat the root of cable

Removed the old stricker

Cable connected to the new stricker

New stricker in place

Door pads fixed back

The end [cheers]

Attachments

Last edited:
Re: Remote hatch opener - only for alto owners!!

rakeshkn Excellent work.Please provide costing also.Will be helpful to everyone.
Great DIY job. [thumbswink]

Re: Remote hatch opener - only for alto owners!!

I had done this myself as a D.I.Y on my Alto long time back with the help and inputs from a member on the Orkut Alto community. Its very useful.

Re: Remote Hatch Opener - Only for Alto Owners!!

A great DIY at a reasonable price.
And why is it limited to Alto only?[:D]

I had done this myself as a D.I.Y on my Alto long time back with the help and inputs from a member on the Orkut Alto community. Its very useful.
Even I did the same with the help of the guy on Orkut. I also posted the same in my Alto ownership thread here. Orkut was an excellent place for this stuff. I also got a lot of advice for my Enfield, my Nokia E71 and my wife's iPhone 4 from Orkut. I am a member of TAI because of Orkut too.

Even I did the same with the help of the guy on Orkut. I also posted the same in my Alto ownership thread here. Orkut was an excellent place for this stuff.I am a member of TAI because of Orkut too.
Same here Peter. Orkut was what brought me here.[clap]

350Z

Core Team

Hi guys I am here with one of my successful experiment., I hope it would be very helpfull for the alto owners who suffering to open hatch with the key frequently, let me explain. Every day infront of the gate of Economic Zone for the job, security persons wants to check the car all over includes boot. I used to give the key to them to open the boot and check anything wrong inside the car.
Someone rightly said, necessity is the mother of invention. :smile: Fantastic job and an affordable DIY. Thanks and a big applause for that.

Drive Safe,
350Z

I have done the remote hatch opener for my alto LXi and before fixing the cable i used wurth HHS 2000 lubricant to lube the cable well and after fixing it i lube the locking mechanism as well my next project will e trying to fix a electronic mechanism as well as the machine one too. with this i can open my hatch using my remote locking system.

Thread Starter #15
I have done the remote hatch opener for my alto LXi and before fixing the cable i used wurth HHS 2000 lubricant to lube the cable well and after fixing it i lube the locking mechanism as well my next project will e trying to fix a electronic mechanism as well as the machine one too. with this i can open my hatch using my remote locking system.
If your remote with boot open button, there will be a gun like door lock for the boot in the cetral lock kit. please check the pack and fix [thumbsup].

Top Bottom