Relio Quick Auto Mall 2010 Mumbai Details & Coverage

Also, were you allowed entry into any of the premium cars, for e.g the Mercs, the BMWs, the Volvos, the Range Rovers or the VWs?

No No. What i meant was, was he allowed to enter any Mercs or Bimmers or other premium brands' cars. To sit inside those cars. It would be fun if they do!

No Sriharsha i think it must be the Swift with the K-Series engine.

Amaan looking at the pictures i think you will not be allowed to take a seat in those exclusive cars!!

Thanks for the pictures Raaj!!

Great to see FSAE car in multiple auto mall. That is only attraction there ot seems.
thanks mate.

Nice pictures Raj, Looks there were a lot of exciting cars to drool and less public rush. Did you sat in the Figo and did other members (Renegade etc) joined you? Congratulation for your "Karma" joining another popular automotive event. Also, Let amaan know the correct cost of tickets.

Drive Safe,
350Z
yes, i did sit in the figo & beat. the figo rear legroom was bad but it had a big big boot. the salesman had little knowledge on the car & gave some really ridiculous answers to renegade!

i had high expectations from the beat but again it disappointed.

i sat in the fortuner which again was a huge disappointment!

hey raj is the swift(desides the 4WD gypsy) by any chance the upgraded model?
no buddy, its the same swift with some clip on accessories by maruti.

Hey Raj! Can you please let me know what was the price of the entry tickets? I need to know ASAP! Please help! Did anyone else visit it too? If yes then please please let me know the cost of the tickets. Thanks.[confused]
i was allowed free entry because we had our stall inside but as far as i know, the ticket costs Rs. 80 & Rs. 50 for students with college i-cards.

Also, were you allowed entry into any of the premium cars, for e.g the Mercs, the BMWs, the Volvos, the Range Rovers or the VWs?
no! entry was allowed inside toyotas, skodas, tatas, marutis, mahindras, fords, VWs & chevys only.

and yes, the RR phamtom too! [lol]

ilango[speed thirst];26030 said:
Nice picture raj , it was good
thanks mate.

thanks mate.
i was allowed free entry because we had our stall inside but as far as i know, the ticket costs Rs. 80 & Rs. 50 for students with college i-cards
Thanks a lot for the help man. I will be visiting it in a couple of hours and will get snaps too. Any TAIans present there?

Okay guys, here i go again. I visited the Auto Mall at around 1.30 p.m, and was there for 3 and a 1/2 hours. Tickets cost me Rs.50 as i was carrying my ID card. There were loads of people when i reached, but the crowd wasn't too big to be irritating. The entire event was very well planned, and i could see a lot of bouncers present to ward off any over-enthusiastic fans.Welcoming us were the Mercedes-Benz SL63 AMG and CLS63 AMG, of which the SL63 AMG looked absolutely stunning. Moving further, the entire hall was very well organised and sorted. Many major brands were present, like Mercedes-Benz, BMW, Rolls-Royce, Maruti-Suzuki, Skoda, Hyundai, Tata, Fiat, Mahindra, Volkswagen, Nissan, Volvo, Yamaha, Honda, Toyota and many more. Some major brands like Audi, Porsche, Mitsubishi and Jaguar decided to give it a miss. I got the opportunity to get inside many premium cars, and was also delighted to see the Honda Fireblade and the Kawasaki Ninja 250R. Overall, the event was total fun. I had a very good time. The biggest surprise for me was the Chevrolet Beat, as it turned out to be more spacious than i expected it to be, and the biggest disappointment was the VW Polo. More on that later. I am attaching the first set of pictures. More to come later. Please don't mind the abundance of pictures guys. Hope you all like my pictures and coverage of the event. [:)]

Attachments

Here comes the second lot of pictures. Enjoy!

Attachments

Last edited:
Another lot of pictures. More coming soon. The special RR Phantom. [clap]

Attachments

Hey good pictures buddy! In which camera you have clicked it??
Hey thanks mate! I used my brother's MotoROKR for clicking pictures. I even had a friend in tow, and he has some very nice pictures too, which i will upload soon.

ilango[speed thirst];26111 said:
The phanthom , is that a car or monster.

Have seen iit only once , when a mobile store car visited the city
Haha yeah the RR Phantom is a monster! The bonnet is long enough to sleep on! The car is so wide and so big, if you drive it in Mumbai, it will be destroyed for sure.

Guys, this may be off-topic, but this is something i have to say. Volkswagen have disappointed me. After having a look at the Polo, i must say that it is not a very good product overall. Being a premium hatch, it should offer oodles of space inside, which it does not. The base variant is not well-equipped and is overpriced. Quality too is not really that big a step up (The Ford Figo has similar quality interiors) and the cabin is cramped. Not worth a buy for me. They are just commanding such a high price only for the VW badge. I would pick the i20 or the Figo anyday over this. [thumbsdown]

350Z

Core Team
Thanks for the pictures Amaan. You could share about experience with Polo in this thread. I still can not notice any such huge crowd like other Auto Shows have, maybe because it all happened in sudden, resulting in less time for advertising.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Top Bottom