Rekindling of an Eternal Rivalry: Safari Storme vs New Gen Scorpio

Which is a better SUV:

• Total voters
I think TML do not have test drives ,with a pick up at your house. Most other companies will do. I was called often too,but asked to go to the showroom for TD.Small things matter!I am not so keen now!

After having driven a new gen Scorpio for around 17 kms last day(being in politics has this unique advantage that you get your hands easily on the latest SUV's), I am getting a gut feeling that I am going to be biased towards Storme.

Way different vehicles both are. Scorpio has gained a lot but felt more like it lost the 'wild cat' nature it had.

Thread Starter #78
After having driven a new gen Scorpio for around 17 kms last day(being in politics has this unique advantage that you get your hands easily on the latest SUV's), I am getting a gut feeling that I am going to be biased towards Storme.

Way different vehicles both are. Scorpio has gained a lot but felt more like it lost the 'wild cat' nature it had.
LOL, yeterday I was just thinking about you, and your driving impressions of the new Scorpio, and today here you are:) So, finally you have driven it, great. Now, time for you buddy to give us a full blown comparo of these two SUVs, covering literally all aspects like performance, ride, handling, brakes, interior quality, fit n finish etc. etc. of both. What do you say?

LOL, yeterday I was just thinking about you, and your driving impressions of the new Scorpio, and today here you are:) So, finally you have driven it, great. Now, time for you buddy to give us a full blown comparo of these two SUVs, covering literally all aspects like performance, ride, handling, brakes, interior quality, fit n finish etc. etc. of both. What do you say?
All I need is a bit of time(will try to take out an hour or two today itself) and I will try to recite most of it. But considering all the parameters like ride, handing, space, comfort, fit and finish, NVH, performance, braking and all.
I have felt that 'overall' Storme is still a better vehicle with a better compromise of everything. I personally tried to figure out how much have Scorpy changed with the new 'hydroformed chassis' and the 'cushion' suspension, and the conclusion I reached is that Storme still rides better, handles better(Scorpio feels agile but still feels lethal on heavy steering inputs, Storme too feels lethal but not as much as the Scorpy does), has got better NVH and more comfort inside.
Overall Storme still scores higher with Scorpy closely following in every department. Rest I hope Storme will take it to a next level after its updated.

Scorpy dash is good in equipment but neither the plastic quality nor the finishing was appealing. Adding to that, the dash of Scorpy is 'vertical' and I wish it had slight alignment like in other UVs in the segment. I mean, the story is actually different from what we see in pics.
One thing for sure, Scorpio still has retained one character that it always had - IT STILL REMAINS AN ERGONOMIC DISASTER with many things placed at odd positions where you are never comfortable accessing them.

Top Bottom