Refreshed Variants of Hyundai i20 (Rolls Back to 5 Speed MT)

Oh , Hey buddy i know that , you got me wrong!

Wasn there a MT in i20 Crdi before itself??
Oh LOL! I took your question the wrong way. You wrote "What a six-speed manual?" I thought you wanted to know. Sorry [lol]

As for this question, an extra gear has been introduced for relaxed highway cruising, and increasing fuel efficiency. A six-speed manual is probably a segment-first.

Yes! This is really nice move. If I recall correctly, for 1.4L Magna, they never had MT. It was always AT. So tihs move says that you have an option for MT that too 6 speed, but will be cheaper than AT.
If I'm not wrong, it was the 1.4 petrol which had AT. 1.4 CRDi is already having a 5 speed MT.

350Z

Core Team
Re: Refreshed Variants of Hyundai i20

Hyundai has quietly phased out the 6 speed Transmission from i20. According to Carwale, the car now comes equipped with the 5 Speed Gearbox only. This has been done either to reduce the manufacturing costs or to differentiate with New Verna which receives same 1.4 Engine and 6 speed gearbox.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Oh this is bad news , hope the spares wont be a problem for those who already have the car!

But are you sure we can trust carwale's information? It would be nice if somebody can confirm with any dealer.

350Z

Core Team

This information is correct. Price cut is Rs.8,000.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Well its good they have reduced the price too , saw a thread by a member where he complained about the feature cut without any price cut. Maybe this information will be useful to him.

Top Bottom