Refreshed Accent - Hyundai's Last Effort Before Phasing Out the Accent?

Thread Starter #1

350Z

Core Team
Hyundai has provided the popular (and ageing) Accent Sedan a minor refreshment. Could this be the last effort before Hyundai phases out the car entirely from the market? Time will tell.

new_Hyundai_Accent-2.jpg

new_Hyundai_Accent-3.jpg
Pictures Source: Indian Autos Blog

Drive Safe,
350Z

Yet another version of Accent! Except for the honey comb grill and chrome garnish, i cant spot any other changes. What about the price? Is it the same as that of Accent executive or lower than that?
I agree with you, this might be the last face lift for accent before its phase out.

The Accent has run its course and has its share of success. Its time Hyundai gives the car a dignified good-bye.

Last edited by a moderator:
ilango[speed thirst];71562 said:
Hope the accent and getz diesel would have sold in large number if they have not stopped.
Exactly, the Getz CRDi was then the Rocket hatch. It was one of the best hatches available in the market at that time. Except for some braking issues, it was an excellent car.
With the entry of Verna(which replaced Accent globally) into Indian markets, the CRDi version of Accent was discontinued.

AMG

Suspended
Getz was like driving a super-turbo-charged bus without brakes.

It handled pathetically, had virtually non-existant brakes, no safety features and one push of the throttle was enough to get you to 100.

have driven getz crdi , lot of times. our coimbatore demo car is getz crdi.
superb pick up. sadly it was too stopped. hope it could have good sales as overall there are more hyundai liking customers

Could this be the last effort before Hyundai phases out the car entirely from the market? Time will tell.
Yeah, I agree. Accent seems to be on the verge of discontinuation.
In management terms, this is attempt to reach the last peak of the product life cycle graph. [glasses]

It really looks like the last hurrah for the Accent. I remember the time when it was launched, it went on to do sterling duty in many a homes. Mind you, like most Hyundai's, it had its styling quirks, nor did it corner as if on rails. But it had decent ride quality and didn't crash about as much. It even went about its duties with nary a fuss. Just the regular service and that's pretty much it.

Then came all the new crop of cars and suddenly the accent looked horribly outdated. I recently had the chance to take a call-a-cab and the accent that came reminded me of all these things. For 4 people, it seemed like a fine car to be driven around in. And for once, i felt that the beige combination made the car look fresher than the dull grey that Hyundai has pushed before.

Its a gentle reminder that maybe, all that we need at times is a fuss-free automobile that can take us on our journey in a calm, unhurried manner.

In this last avtaar, i love the honey-comb grill but hate the garish fake-chrome bits

Cheers :)

I don think people prefer Accent these days , for that money one goes for i20 or extends his budget and goes for Verna which is better overall than Accent.

BTW i too like the honey comb grill!

Thread Starter #15

350Z

Core Team
What about the price? Is it the same as that of Accent executive or lower than that?I agree with you, this might be the last face lift for accent before its phase out.
This is actually the refreshed Accent Executive. Pricing starts at Rs.5,01,900 (Ex.Showroom, Delhi).

new_accent_executive_facelift.jpg

Drive Safe,
350Z

Top Bottom