Refreshed Accent - Hyundai's Last Effort Before Phasing Out the Accent?

OFFICIAL: HYUNDAI ACCENT SEDAN BOWS OUT OF INDIA; ENTRY LEVEL 2014 I10 BASED COMPACT SEDAN LIKELY REPLACEMENT

Hyundai India has pulled the plug on the Accent sedan, a car that has motored on as the South Korean car maker’s entry level sedan for the Indian car market after the introduction of the Verna, the Accent’s intended replacement. The Hyundai Accent’s phasing out has to do with the car maker introducing a new car for the Indian car market in the form of the 2014 Hyundai i10, also known as the Brilliant of the BA.

Official: Hyundai Accent sedan bows out of India; Entry level 2014 i10 based compact sedan likely replacement - Indian Cars Bikes : Indian Cars Bikes

Hyundai India discontinues Accent

Hyundai introduced the Indians to the Hyundai Accent way back in 1999. Back then, the Accent competed with the Ford Ikon, Honda City, Fiat Siena and also took to the Opel Corsa and the Maruti Baleno.

The Accent is one of Hyundai India’s success stories but it’s getting long in the tooth now. 14 years later, Hyundai has finally pulled the plug on the Accent.

Hyundai’s Chennai plant is expected to continue making the Accent however, as the export demand for the Accent is pretty strong. A key export market is Algeria, where the Made-in-India Accent hopes to sell about 3000 units a month!

In India, Hyundai managed to sell 2,931 units of the Accent in the last fiscal year. Which is actually not all that bad for a 14 year old model.

Hyundai India discontinues Accent

I own a Accent Executive 2010 model run approx 30K Kilometers. This is a good vehicle with no niggles. It doesn't have all bells and whistle but does the job of taking you from point A to B comfortably. I will hold on to this vehicle for another 3-5 years as I can enjoy my no EMI periods.

Only negative for this entry level sedan is its fuel efficiency. Other than that has good space can cruise in 110 with ease in highways, and we have airy feeling inside the cabin. Have a good boot space too. Missing is safety features definitely.

Anyway its time to bid adieu for Accent.

Hyundai Assent discontinued in India.

One sad news. A car is being stopped in India. That is Hyundai Assent.

Hyundai India has confirmed to Indian Autos Blog today that production of the Accent for India has stopped at its Chennai plant. Production for export markets continues as there’s a strong pull for it in places such as Algeria.
↲
 The Accent was launched more than ten years ago and is undeniably an asset that built Hyundai’s credibility up to what it is today. Due to the unavailability of a diesel engine and cosmetic revamps, sales slid in recent years. Hyundai has sold three generations of the Accent in India (Accent, Verna Transform and Verna) in large volumes, and all three models at different timelines, have dominated their respective segments.

It has emerged in the media that Hyundai has drawn up plans for a compact sedan, along the lines of the Honda Amaze, on the new i10 platform. This could be the replacement to the Accent in the years to follow.

Going by price segmentation, the Accent’s vacancy would be filled up by diesel variants of the new i10 (codename – BA). The new i10 launches at the Frankfurt Motor Show in September and is likely to enter India by the year end.

ver the years Hyundai has introduced new variants (including a three-cylinder diesel variants) and special editions of the Accent to target the commercial and the personal applications. The last instance of a cosmetic activity was in mid-March 2011.

Hyundai Accent discontinued in India

Last edited:

Top Bottom