Refresh with Tata Vista Aura ABS - Initial Ownership Experience

drivetech4, welcome to TAI and congratulations on your new purchase.Tata Vista is surely a superb product but being underrated.And one place where tata surpasses all other manufacturer in this segment is space inside.New indica vista is a much better product from tata stable with better plastics and better fitted compared to their journey of indica till now.Just be easy on this multijet engine for first 1500 kms and get the routine services done, can vouch wont have hard time with this vehicle.Am using NA indica since 7 years without any glitch with 18+ FE with A/c on mixed driving conditions.
Enjoy your stay.

Excellent write up and well done interiors too!!

Really liked your car. Maybe we can meet somewhere in Pune. I would like to see your car.

I am in a dilemma for choosing a diesel hatch back. cars under considerations are

1. All new Vista qjd ABS
2. Punto 90 hp -- A.S.S. is not good (that's what I have heard, no experience though in Pune)
3. Indica ev2 lx diesel -- No ABS available
4. All new swift zdi -- But rear space would be an issue

Excellent write-up Drivetech 4,

Definitely Vista will be a Benchmark to TATA motors,
None of the car have Best Cabin-space in hatchback segment except I-Vista.
You got good mileage also.

Color of your car looks cool, one of My Dad friend also having the same color Vista.

Enjoy you ride with your New Girlfriend[thumbsup]

@drivetech4. "fikar not" Do not worry . do not give an ear to what people say about Ass.
95 percent times Ass issue of tata is hyped by rivals not owners. i Agree there may be couple of niggles initially but once all is set you will love it.
8/10 people will keep raising finger against your tata product but concentrate to enjoy your ride.

I had loved my vista like none. it was the most beautiful hatchback for me. even my present punto comes second (nobody will agree- yes punto looks bit of odd from certain angles) vista is perfect from all angles really a beautiful car( its higher sibiling manza also doesn't equals it.)

the good qualities in my previous vista were. very good stability on straight roads,good turning radius and outside visibility, great brakes, spacious and airy feel, good features like usb,mp3 etc,great head lamps , excellent buttery ride quality and brilliant drive ability. I have not come across a mini diesal hatchback which is so nicely tuned with minimal turbo lag.

these were all pleasure of owning indica Vista

Main grouse in my vista was hard clutch which failed once. I used her for 12000km and only issue was the clutch never there was anything else to complain.
But not to worry tata has changed it completely and present vista has soft clutches with great gearbox par with any premium category hatchbacks.

Congratulations on the new buy Vibhor!

A very sensible and a rational decision taken by you on this one![thumbsup] Wish you lacs of happy miles and memories on the car!

Congrats again!

Thread Starter #21
Congratulations on the new buy Vibhor!

A very sensible and a rational decision taken by you on this one![thumbsup] Wish you lacs of happy miles and memories on the car!

Congrats again!
Thanks Holysatan,
Little correction My name is not Vibhor, I guess he is Admin, Founder of TAI.

Thread Starter #22
Excellent write up and well done interiors too!!

Really liked your car. Maybe we can meet somewhere in Pune. I would like to see your car.

I am in a dilemma for choosing a diesel hatch back. cars under considerations are

1. All new Vista qjd ABS
2. Punto 90 hp -- A.S.S. is not good (that's what I have heard, no experience though in Pune)
3. Indica ev2 lx diesel -- No ABS available
4. All new swift zdi -- But rear space would be an issue
Hi Amit,
Thanks for appreciation of my Vista, well you are welcome to see the beauty. You can send me your contact details through message and we will decide accordingly.

Thread Starter #24
drivetech4, welcome to TAI and congratulations on your new purchase.Tata Vista is surely a superb product but being underrated.And one place where tata surpasses all other manufacturer in this segment is space inside.New indica vista is a much better product from tata stable with better plastics and better fitted compared to their journey of indica till now.Just be easy on this multijet engine for first 1500 kms and get the routine services done, can vouch wont have hard time with this vehicle.Am using NA indica since 7 years without any glitch with 18+ FE with A/c on mixed driving conditions.
Enjoy your stay.
Thanks Vijay,
Yes I dont see any trouble with Plastic quality, or any of the interiors.And for the Run in Period I have taken well care of her, I did not crossed 90 Kmph , also havent crossed 2500 RPM. Done with the first service which was hassle free.[clap]To conclude I am happy!

drivetech4, Many congratulations for your Vista. Good to know that you had a hassle free first service. Somehow i find this version of Vista far better than the freshly launched Manza look-alike model. Wish you lacs of happy miles[thumbsup].

Thread Starter #26
drivetech4, Many congratulations for your Vista. Good to know that you had a hassle free first service. Somehow i find this version of Vista far better than the freshly launched Manza look-alike model. Wish you lacs of happy miles[thumbsup].
Thanks Akash!

Please start following New category of forums .
Breakdown stories,
Known Problems of your car,
Maintenance Issues of your car,
Service experinece of your Car.
Reliable Service centres in your City.
Reliable Fuel stations in your city.
Reliable Car accessories Stores in your City.

It will help User to share their experinces and will be easy to find under certain categories.

Thanks Akash!

Please start following New category of forums .
Breakdown stories,
Known Problems of your car,
Maintenance Issues of your car,
Service experinece of your Car.
Reliable Service centres in your City.
Reliable Fuel stations in your city.
Reliable Car accessories Stores in your City.

It will help User to share their experinces and will be easy to find under certain categories.
drivetech4, thanks for your valuable suggestions. We already have certain threads mentioned in your post, the link to which i have posted below:

Known Problems of your car, Maintenance Issues of your car: These can be listed in the Ownership thread itself.

Thread Starter #28
"drivetech4, thanks for your valuable suggestions. We already have certain threads mentioned in your post, the link to which i have posted below:

Thanks Akash for the consideration,
For service experinces only dealership reviews wont help as there are many private service station which are really ethical and genuine in their practice, I had came across many of them. Also there are few know local workshop called as garage and the mechanics there are real expert of particular brand.
IMHO It will be good to have that category seperate.Sepcially it will be helpful for used or aged cars , those who doesnt visit authorised workshops.

Last edited:
[/LIST]
Thanks Akash for the consideration,
For service experinces only dealership reviews wont help as there are many private service station which are really ethical and genuine in their practice, I had came across many of them. Also there are few know local workshop called as garage and the mechanics there are real expert of particular brand.
IMHO It will be good to have that category seperate.Sepcially it will be helpful for used or aged cars , those who doesnt visit authorised workshops.
I got your point. Feel free to start a new thread in that section.

Thread Starter #30
It’s time for Update!

ODO clicked- 2200.

First servicing done at 1150 Kms- Already mentioned in the thread.-Experience was good, Car delivered within 4 hours, Free service hence No charges.

Problems observed till today- None [thumbsup]

No rattling sound, No abnormal sound.

Only thing I was not sure about was the FE. Prior 1st service when I checked It was in the range of 18-19 kmpl- City and Highway mix with Fulltime AC on. Till 1150 Kms, after that I am using the car for regular commute between Pune and Mumbai via expressway only. I used to fuel the car at HPCL stations on expressway. last time when I checked the mileage after topping up the fuel tank, I was shocked to see 16.2 kmpl. Actually it should have been more than 19kmpl. Though i was stuck in traffic both ways for more than 2-3 hours, and car literary scrawled for more than 2 hrs with AC on, but still I was little doubtful about it.

I called the service centre and complained about low mileage, the works manager asked me to come down to workshop for a check.

Procedure for Mileage test followed-

1. First the ECU was connected to a laptop, all engine parameters were checked, each and every parameter was normal. Engine condition was excellent.
2. Cleaned the air filter.
3. Corrected the Tire air pressure- I am not sure if this was the real problem will come back to it later, Air pressure maintained for the test-Front tires 30 psi and rear 28 psi.
4. With a veteran service engineer on driver’s side and for the first time I am on co-driver’s seat, we headed for a reputed fuel station.
5. Fuel filling procedure especially for mileage test. Shut down the engine, get out of the car, inform the fuel station guy that you are conducting a mileage test.
6. Ask him to discharge the fuel slowly when tank is about to full (especially for diesel). Don’t go for auto full option whenever you want to check FE of your car.
7. When it looks like tank is fully filled wait for few seconds, try to shake the body of the car, the fuel will start to flow inside the tank, and some amount of fuel will come out of breather pipe and again it will flow into the tank, which is the air trapped inside.
8. Again fill the fuel till the breather pipe opening mark, now you have actually filled full tank.
9. Insert the key, first of all set the trip meter to "0", then start the engine.
10. Put the Ac on, and all set for go for a trip of around at least 60 kms without stopping your engine.
11. We drive the car for around 64 kms breakup is as follows
Highway (Tar road not a very superior one with moderate traffic speed range 60-80 kmpl)- Distance covered 30 kms
Express highway- superior cement road (speed of 80-90 kms)-20 kms
City roads- with traffic- 14 kms

12. Went back to the same fuel station, again followed the same procedure for tank full.........and the surprise came.......it was 2.74 liters on fuel pump meter...

64 kms in 2.74 liters of diesel..........Bingo!!

It is 23.35 KMPL

I was again shocked!

With full time AC on with all type of roads and traffic mix, also with moderate speed excellent FE of 23.35 kmpl.

Amazing...[cheers]

Some tips

Clean Air filter regularly.
Maintain tire air pressure correctly.
Fill fuel at reputed fuel stations only.
Be present right next to fuel pump while fuelling.
Always try to full tank in early morning- you will get more fuel for the same volume- early morning the density of fuel is higher as compared to daytime after sun rises.
Do not unnecessarily press clutch- I have that idiotic habit, even on slopes.
Avoid accelerating beyond recommended speed in particular gear.
Do not press accelerator pedal on slope downwards.
Keep sufficient distance between vehicle next to you and avoid urgent braking.

You will get the best mileage!
Anyone who wants to conduct a mileage test in Pune for Vista or any other vehicle , do let me know.

Last edited:

Top Bottom