Refresh with Tata Vista Aura ABS - Initial Ownership Experience

This expression is said in order to avoid bad luck, either when you mention good luck that you have had in the past or when you mention hopes you have for the future. The expression is usually used in the hope that a good thing will continue to occur after it has been acknowledged.

"I have never broken my leg, touch wood." - I have never broken one of my legs and I hope that, with good luck, I never will.
"I was sick all of last week, but I think that I'm over it now, touch wood." - I'm hoping that I will continue to be better after being sick.
source internet

This expression is said in order to avoid bad luck, either when you mention good luck that you have had in the past or when you mention hopes you have for the future. The expression is usually used in the hope that a good thing will continue to occur after it has been acknowledged.

"I have never broken my leg, touch wood." - I have never broken one of my legs and I hope that, with good luck, I never will.
"I was sick all of last week, but I think that I'm over it now, touch wood." - I'm hoping that I will continue to be better after being sick.
source internet
Thanks Highway Ranger.
That was a nice explanation

Let your words of maturity and wisdom continue in TAI, touchwood.

Thanks Highway Ranger.
That was a nice explanation

Let your words of maturity and wisdom continue in TAI, touchwood.
autosafari, man you have great level of wit, you always freshen my mind whenever i read your comments.
Touchwood in hindi means " kahi nazar na lage".[;)]

@mukeshus

Mukesh i am right here voting for you to be our next moderator[:)]

Thread Starter #95
Does anyone here on the forum owns the new Vista QJD? Can he confirm the service intervals? Please refer to my earlier post ( Post # 86) above.
Thanks in Advance.

@drivetech4

Though i do NOT own the facelifted Vista QJD, the service intervals remain the same for both old and new Vistas. I faced a similar confusion when i got my Vista serviced for the first time on Oct 1st. I shot off an email to TATA Customer care and voila! i received a call from the regional manager clarifying all my doubts. The service intervals has been changed to

30 days or 1000-1500km whichever occurs first
6 months or 5000-5500km whichever occurs first
1yr or 10000-10500km whichever occurs first
2yrs or 20000-20500km whichever occurs first

The service coupon of 3yrs or 30000-30500km will be applicable for the 2nd service of 5000km.
Slightly off topic :offtopic:

This thread has been used by "THE VISTA SURPRISE" community on facebook.
you can check the link here https://www.facebook.com/TheVistaSurprise

@drivetech4

i've got the same service coupons like you did. like i said before, the 30k service coupon will be used for your second service of 5k kms.

Thread Starter #100
@drivetech4

i've got the same service coupons like you did. like i said before, the 30k service coupon will be used for your second service of 5k kms.
There seems to be a great confusion! In my case the second service will take place only at 10k kms. If you read my post correctly, I had been to service station at 5 k kms, and they asked me come after 10 k kms only.

The confusion has been laid to rest. When i asked the service centre person about it, he said that the 2nd service will be at 5000km. The service dept has received an official email from TML that the 30k service coupon must be redeemed at 5k kms service

Thread Starter #102
The confusion has been laid to rest. When i asked the service centre person about it, he said that the 2nd service will be at 5000km. The service dept has received an official email from TML that the 30k service coupon must be redeemed at 5k kms service
Well In my case the service engineer told me that in a recent training they have told the changed service intervals for Vista. Which is wriiten on service coupons.
IMO it is good for me that the car will be serviced free till 30 k kms. Anyways there is hardly anything to be done in second service. Even oil change interval is at 10 k. I have already got the all point check done at 5 k kms.
So I have got additional 10 k kms of worry free driving! with free service. So till 30 k I will be paying only for Oil and Oil filters thrice![clap]

huh!!!! this is absolutely ridiculous! this is one huge mis-communication.what is wrong with TATA!?! why does TATA fix various service intervals for various parts of the country?!! i dont understand! the regional manager personally called me and verified that the 30k service shall NOT be applicable and the same coupon shall be applicable for 2nd service which is at 5k kms. this is one HUGE communication gap.

Thread Starter #104
huh!!!! this is absolutely ridiculous! this is one huge mis-communication.what is wrong with TATA!?! why does TATA fix various service intervals for various parts of the country?!! i dont understand! the regional manager personally called me and verified that the 30k service shall NOT be applicable and the same coupon shall be applicable for 2nd service which is at 5k kms. this is one HUGE communication gap.
Take something in writing from them, have you done with your second service?

Thread Starter #105
This is my post after many days, running really busy these days!
But this was something I wanted to share with all, so borrowed some time from work!
Last Friday evening when I was returning to Pune from Mumbai, we decided to enter the Mcdonalds drive through just before the Expressway starts. The road was digged for some work , and in the dark I was not able to identify a big pointed stone, I was moving carefully and suddenly there was a sound khad khad khad.....I just stopped the car there itself, but a different noise was coming from the engine and I could feel the Vibration on steering.[frustration] Why the hell I needed to go to Mcd?

Parked the car, tried to check everything possible, Luckily there was no leakage, but still it was difficult to find as it was dark, and getting under the car was not a good option.

I again restarted the engine and the same noise and vibrations! Fear! Called up the SE of Tata A/s/s and asked about the possibilities. What he said was reliving and confirmation of my analysis too. It was the engine guard which was bent due to the Impact and was touching the engine bottom and hence the vibrations and Noise! If I accelerate there were no Vibrations! and that was a big relief.

Enjoyyed McChicken and moved to Pune, No troubles on the way, reached home as usual.

Next Morning took the car to the washing centre, where there is ramp, and the problem was dignosed correctly. Ask the guys to make some gap in engine and Engine guard (till the next service!) and the noise and vibration gone, there was no damage to anything else, Thank God!

Well now many of us will talk about GC, It is not because of the GC, Vista has a plastic strip attached to bumpers to reduce the air drag under the body. That Plastic strip touched with stone and made it vertical, which caused further interaction with engine cover.

Guys Be careful if you see any kind of stone even if it looks small, as many cars come with the plastic strip under the front bumper. I wish that strip should be more flexible.[thumbsup]

Top Bottom