Red Hot Alto Spice

Thread Starter #31
I got a call from the MASS today. The say the car is done and tested. Results with AC 14Kmpl and without AC 24 Kmpl. They say this is normal. What to do. I am going to fight with them tomorrow.
I will now sell the car and never buy any Maruti again.

350Z

Core Team
I don't think you should take an action in a hurry. Mileage of 14 Kpl looks fine for city since I did a search in magazines etc, Also it varies and depends on other factors as well. What figures did they reported for highway trip?

Drive Safe,
350Z

No Vibhor!

14kmpl is not okay for an 800cc engine.

My friend gets 18+ with AC in City Drive.

He is very light footed. He claims he gets 22+ in Highways!

So you have to escalate it peter.

Hey no Vibs!! I feel 14kmpl is a little low for Alto! And that too he has mentioned that the traffic is not much like the metros in Goa!! So he should be getting something around 16-18kmpl average for 60% highway and 40% city driving , infact he can get even little more!

350Z

Core Team
Mileage is a tricky and sensitive matter which one sitting miles away can not easily judge about, Even though little more mileage can be achieved, There are many factors which are concerned. Please read the posts carefully before firing away on the keyboard.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #38
I don't think you should take an action in a hurry. Mileage of 14 Kpl looks fine for city since I did a search in magazines etc, Also it varies and depends on other factors as well. What figures did they reported for highway trip?

Drive Safe,
350Z
I drive my Siena (1.6) in exactly the same conditions as the Alto (city, highway etc). in fact I rev the Siena much more and still manage a milege of 13 Kmpl with this 100 BHP engine.

14kmpl is not okay for an 800cc engine.

My friend gets 18+ with AC in City Drive.
Almost everyone I know who has an Alto gets 16-19 Kmpl.

Why don you visit the MASS next time with somebody you know who owns an Alto and try explaining them through your friend that your FE is actually less and make them realize that everything is not perfect as they have said!!

Thread Starter #40
Why don you visit the MASS next time with somebody you know who owns an Alto and try explaining them through your friend that your FE is actually less and make them realize that everything is not perfect as they have said!!
I can explain that to a wall and it will understand, but MASS is full of idiots. They are not ready to accept. I even complained to the Maruti Official incharge of Goa and even he said the same thing. Finally after a lot of shouting and threatening he agreed to recheck the car. Next I went and caught the sales guys. I showed them the written statement of the milege test and asked they why it did not tally with their claims. They agreed that the milege was too low. So I asked them to co-ordinate with the service department and get my car fixed or take it back and return my money.

Thread Starter #41
Now they are replacing the ECM which will take 1 week (excellent Maruti service, one week for a spare part). In the meantime they have given me an Alto LX. I have told them that I will see how much milege I get on this car.

One week is a little too much for Maruti and that too for one of its top selling models!

See how much FE you get in this Alto! It will be shameful for them if you get to prove that you get more mileage in that Alto! Then they would have to work really hard to rectify the problem!

I have to agree with Peter that MASS is now full of idiots. They all are after points and personal benefits and want to earn them without ever thinking that the customer is the one that makes them still employed. Some ten-fifteen years back,MASS was an excellent centre for getting your car serviced,the mechanics were in their line of work cause they loved doing it besides the money they earn,most of them really had the aptitude for the job. Nowadays almost all of them(At least that is what I found out about Indus the dealer in my town)including the gate keeper are complete fools. They never listen what you're saying,they dont do most of the work as per the service schedule mentioned in the owner's manual and many customers have complaints. They cant even drive properly,They crashed my car into a bike and truck simultaneously at first service itself and they screwed up the front bumper,left wing mirror and right fender.moreover they tried to cover this up and I caught them red handed. Another fact is that Indus in Kerala is Maruti's top dealer in India. They have like 17 or 18 MASS as a chain and they also sell the highest number of Marutis. Now after being fed up with them,I give my car at a Factory trained mechanic's who used to work for MASS for some 20 years. I make a point to take the day off and stay there at the workshop to oversee the things they do to my car,cause here they might use spurious parts if you are not around and the accountability factor is on the south side.

Maruti's attitude towards you is very strange, i have never heard such cases earlier but anyways on flip side its good that they understood sooner or later and provided you loaners car. keep us posted when ECU is replaced.

Thread Starter #45
Just checked the milege on the loaner Alto given to me while they fix my car. I got a milege of 16Kmpl with AC. Used in Margao city, then a highway drive to Baga and then in a major traffic jam on Tito's lane. That works out to almost 50-50 Highway-City.

Top Bottom