Reclaim Life - Accessorizing Maruti 800

Hi quitefar, welcome back !!

I have seen people using charcoal and rubbing around the damaged bumpers, the scratches on them were gone upto an extent, say 70%.

You can find these things done at JC road, they charge 100-200rs for this.

Thread Starter #63
thank you guys for the responses. i was again for couple of days.
meanwhile, i went to MASS, and found that both the bumpers would cost around total of <2000 Rs, so i might well go an[:)]d change those. though the MASS refused to sell me the bumpers alone. i have planned to change those bumpers myself since its a pretty easy change.
hence, i am planning to go to a MGA in domlur soon.

@varun, thank you man. i will check the JC road option, else i am thinking of getting the new bumpers this time. have been dragging this for a long time now

Thread Starter #64
thank you guys for the responses. i was again for couple of days.
meanwhile, i went to MASS, and found that both the bumpers would cost around total of <2000 Rs, so i might well go an[:)]d change those. though the MASS refused to sell me the bumpers alone. i have planned to change those bumpers myself since its a pretty easy change.
hence, i am planning to go to a MGA in domlur soon.

@varun, thank you man. i will check the JC road option, else i am thinking of getting the new bumpers this time. have been dragging this for a long time now

Thread Starter #65
an update on the bumpers.
1. finally got the bumpers ordered from MGA on saturday morning. i was told that they would get them for me by afternoon 4 pm. later when i went to pick them up, realized the front bumper which they had, was having couple of locks broken. so, returned with only rear bumper. the front bumper was promised by monday afternoon. i already have gotten their call and would pick it up while returning from office.
2. Sunday morning, me and my brother started working on the bumper. i have to admit, it looks much simpler than it ended up being. i would have spent atleast 2 hours in getting the bumper off and then installing the new one. with so many small locks, nuts and bolts, the final fix to the car went very well.

now waiting to pick the front bumper and do the install on available time. will post the pics of the vehicle after both the bumper are done.

Thread Starter #66
Btw, can someone help with a good reference of a store in Bangalore:
1. need a front grill for Maruti 800-those honeycomb type.
2. need to get those side mirrors install-prefer to get those zen type side view mirrors installed on my m800.

Btw, can someone help with a good reference of a store in Bangalore:
1. need a front grill for Maruti 800-those honeycomb type.
2. need to get those side mirrors install-prefer to get those zen type side view mirrors installed on my m800.
You can try the MGP store on St. Jhons road, opposite to coles park ,next to siidique kabab corner; but their working hours are 9:30 AM to 6:30 PM which for office goers like me make very difficult to visit

Thread Starter #68
RPM, are you talking about MGP--maruti genuine parts store? i was more looking for references to accessories stores.
the grill which MGP has is the standard one, hence i am looking for something different.
similarly, the side mirrors of zen, MGP has and i saw those also ( pair costing 560 Rs) but they cant be directly fitted to M800 and need some work.

Thread Starter #70
any particular shop on JC road which is recommended. I am a little wary, since i havent shopped here much and hear that prices are very variable.
hence, any suggested shops is what i am looking at, to start with.

To be honest i take my friend which inturn knows a shop owner, he gets good
bargains out of him.... so would not be of great help even if i gave you the details.
One thing wat i suggest is ask in more than one shop before settling in for a buy
our senior members might be able to throw some light on the reliable stores

vj_pady said:
Hi guys new to this web, need help.
I have Maruti 800 5 speed, right side rear bumper has be damaged [frustration], Can any one of you suggest what can be done with without changing into new one[confused]?
It can be fixed in any of the road side workshop. Maximum 300rs.

Top Bottom