Reclaim Life - Accessorizing Maruti 800

folks, on the same line, another question wanted to ask. How much has been the mileage which people have gotten out of M800?
i happened to check the mileage during my recent trip to yelagiri hills from bangalore which was 380 Kms from Home to Home(up-down). The car gave a good 20 Km/Ltr. i had used the full tank approach to find out how much fuel we used and this number gave me a good feel.
how about others?
Hope you did in fill to fill method and its a good figure , indicating the engine is on a good life.

Thread Starter #47
yes, i used the fill to fill method..while we started i hit the shell and asked him to tank full..and not to exceed the autocut of his pump.hence the tank would have filled at 25L...he added 6L that time since i just got the car tank full a day before..
while i returned back, before going to home, i went back to the same shell and did the same tank refill with same instructions and this time i required 18.5 lts of petrol and the odo showed we had done 383 Kms. :-)

Thread Starter #48
Presenting my M800 after some gap and some work done.
1.Windshield Changed.
2. Rims painted myself.
3. Door Trims done in same scheme as seat covers

Windshield Change:
I would be putting more details about my experience of dealing with Windshield experts.
Cost involved=2500
Time taken=15 mins
Experience=Very good.

Rims painted myself:
Well, i was really after painting the rims to white color and spent 2-3 hours on Saturday, running after the color which i wanted to do. also i was very certain that i wanted to do this myself. I could not get BOSNY spray paints anywhere in my area(CV Raman Nagar) hence finally went to Tippasandra and got BOSNY white and two sand papers.
Got started with the stepney tyre first. here are the steps i followed:
1. Washed the Tyre rims thoroughly. waited 10-15 mins for the water to wipe off.
2. Used the sand paper to properly sand the rims.
3. Started with BOSNY white spray. Now, i can write in huge lengths about how it went but in a nutshell it was definitely not great since i wasn't getting the required consistency of color across the rims. hence i toiled for a while and later got a good understanding of how to use the spray paint. Finished 2 quotes of the same and left the wheel to dry for a while. Was very happy with the outcome. Later while i took the wheel to the car and see how does it look, i was devastated [lol] and not very happy. i personally felt it looked shabby and hence ran to the paint shop back and got myself Silver(original tone). I did the sanding job again and used the silver color on this wheel and to my good luck, the job went very well. this motivated me and i sanded all the wheels and did the same for all the rims since others due to running had few scratches etc. Very satisfied with the DYI.
Cost involved=200 Rs for White BOSNY, 200 Rs for Silver BOSNY, 15 Rs Sanding paper.
Time taken=4 hoursExperience=Very satisfied.

Door Trims done in same scheme as seat covers:
Caught hold of a good tailor who have been doing the stitching job for a while in my area. spoke and discussed them about the job and they told me that it would be taken 1 hour to get this done.
Saturday afternoon went to their shop, choose the same color combination alike my seat covers and choose the material from sample as well. Since being a small shopkeeper, he told me that though the job wont take more than 1 hour, they would first need to get the material. the deal was done and i was told to come by 7pm. He opened two door pads for measurements.
While in the evening at 7pm, their guy who had gone to the market to do bulk purchase was delayed and hence these people requested me for 1 hour extension and they also took off the remaining two door panels. finally when i went back at 8:30 pm, my door panels were ready and they installed them in a jiffy. after that he finished a round of quick shampoo foam wash and the car had already reclaimed its interior looks.
Cost involved=600 Rs. Do share me if you find the cost to be good? the intial estimates looked like that this work would require more than 1000 bucks.
Time taken=30 mins of fitting and cleanup. 1 hour of waiting
Experience=
Very Happy.
And after all was done, sunday morning spent some more time cleaning the interiors and giving them a wipe.
Here are some pics of my darling:

(Apologies for small pics. didn't realize that i re sized them so small. will add bigger ones instead from home in the evening)

Attachments

Thread Starter #50
thx linkin..the bumpers and the interior dashboard was given a hand of polish during cleaning on sunday hence that glossy shine.

and here are the pics of my car with my newly fitted seat covers this afternoon.
Some work remaining which gets over tomorrow...do share your input.
The seat covers look cool..

Even I am Great fan of 800, even I own the same, with lots of mod's..
Your car looks great now..

Last edited by a moderator:
@Quitefar superb work done bro !

As a matter of fact I have an Esteem with the same color as your M800 with a grey dash board , and for days i have been looking out for cars modded with the exact combination of seat covers and Door Trims ,also includes the Gear Knob and BINGO !! [clap] i found the right thread

Please throw light on the cost of -
Seat Covers
Labour
Address of where you procured them

I also intend to give the dash a wooden finish for the AC vents matching the Gear Knob
Info would be really helpful thanks in advance [:)]

Thread Starter #59
@rpm,
seat covers-been quite sometime those were installed. all i can recollect is that they were sub- 4k range.
labor- included in the price.
address- if you come over to GM palya, CV raman nagar, i can show you the shop.

Questions for all:
Guys, its been a long time, since i logged on to the forum. very happy to be back. was busy with professional life.
here goes my question. my maruti 800 has bruises on the front and rear bumper, which i personally dont like. infact, on the rear bumper, after 2 years from buying my car, the paint chipped off, and it exposes some stitches type of thing which holds the bumper up. though i have been driving my car, a lot, but dont like it.

Can you please suggest, if there is any option available in the market where some work on the bumpers can be done for M800 or do you think its time to replace the bumpers. i would also add the photos for reference.

Last edited:
Those bumpers cost a measly 700 bucks each. Much cannot be done to refurbish, but u may try fibreglass welding, and a pro can fill up the bruises and polish it damn neat, for about 400 bucks. To keep them in the glowing black state, keep polishing them with a dashboard polish. I love the white car shiny black bumper combo of the 800.

Top Bottom