Rear Wiper & Washer in My Maruti Alto

deville_56

Honoured Member
Hi,

Thanks for your response, I had mentioned the same in post #73 but I did not get time to source 5 pin relay. Where can I get this relay near Indiranagar in Bangalore.

Regards.
Won't be having issue sourcing it in JC Road (Only place I know of such sort of things in Bangalore).

Hi,

There are two wires in the rear wiper motor (wagon r). One wire is used to operate wiper and the other wire is to bring back wiper to park position. Relay with 87a(12 VDC Automotive 5-Pin Relay SPDT 30/40A Bosch Type) will be used to supply power to second wire and disconnect power from the first wire. This will bring wiper to park position when wiper is switched off. I believe this should work but I have not tested this.

I have a question about the outcome of supplying power to second terminal, will this consume power until vehicle is switched off or does the wiper motor stop using current once wiper is in park position. Is it possible to use capacitor to supply some power to second terminal, sufficient enough to bring wiper to park position so that we don't have to supply continuous power.

Regards.

deville_56

Honoured Member
AFAIK when connecting park connection, it will cut off after reaching the 0 position. Now I am also having confusion about the power consumption part [:D]. Will post diagram tonight, if possible.

For intermittent function you can try bike indicator flasher. Seen that somewhere recently. Don't know how effective it is or what kind of speed it gives. It costs around 80-150. just connect it in series to wiper motor. Borrow from you friend's bike to try [:D]

Last edited:

deville_56

Honoured Member
Here it is. 5-pin relay is basically a changeover relay. You can use the same as wiper relay instead of adding an extra relay.

2015-03-04 08-38-29_0027.jpg

Thread Starter #112
Devil

Thanks for the diagram., I will try this week. Is this optional wire for normal working? is that means only one connection from wiper switch right?

deville_56

Honoured Member
Devil

Thanks for the diagram., I will try this week. Is this optional wire for normal working? is that means only one connection from wiper switch right?
Yes. Either you can split the wire from wiper switch and connect to relay and wiper motor parallely or this optional method. You can feed the relay with the switch and take out from relay to feed the motor. Both ways will work.

You can also remove this from your bike/scooter and connect in series with motor for intermittent speed

12V-2-Pin-Motorcycle-Motorbike-Universal-font-b-LED-b-font-Turn-Signal-font-b-Indicator.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #114
Yes. Either you can split the wire from wiper switch and connect to relay and wiper motor parallely or this optional method. You can feed the relay with the switch and take out from relay to feed the motor. Both ways will work.
Thanks, and what about ground connection. Now wiper motor's body acting as the ground connection. If using relay that also to be changed?

BTW in Trivandrum where I can get this relay? I inquired three shops at Thrissur and 5 pin relay was not available.

deville_56

Honoured Member
Thanks, and what about ground connection. Now wiper motor's body acting as the ground connection. If using relay that also to be changed?
Nothing needs to be changed in wiper connection. This one is ground/negative for relay coil. Fix the relay near switch or near from where you draw the supply. Connect to body somewhere near to that.

BTW in Trivandrum where I can get this relay? I inquired three shops at Thrissur and 5 pin relay was not available.
There is one Pioneer Autosales above Yamaha showroom in Karamana. It's available there.

If you are interested in actually having the intermittent function I can share the Indica Wiper controller pin diagram. You can buy one in any local car parts store. In mechanic's terms it is called Tata Indica Wiper cutout. You will have to get a connector or a relay base along with the controller. The functionality to turn ON the wiper while you energize the water sprayer and keep it alive for 2 - 3 sweeps is also in-built

Last edited:
Thread Starter #118
If you are interested in actually having the intermittent function I can share the Indica Wiper controller pin diagram. You can buy one in any local car parts store. In mechanic's terms it is called Tata Indica Wiper cutout. You will have to get a connector or a relay base along with the controller. The functionality to turn ON the wiper while you energize the water sprayer and keep it alive for 2 - 3 sweeps is also in-built
Please share[clap]

@devil I am sharing pic of that relay. Please have a look. I checked the same with a mechanic and he says that it is not a change over relay but for two same connections as marked as 87 for both pins on the relay (there is no 87A). Please check and confirm.

1.jpg

2.jpg

deville_56

Honoured Member
Please share[clap]

@devil I am sharing pic of that relay. Please have a look. I checked the same with a mechanic and he says that it is not a change over relay but for two same connections as marked as 87 for both pins on the relay (there is no 87A). Please check and confirm.

View attachment 164208

View attachment 164209
Yes wrong relay. Seeing this for the first time.

Top Bottom