Re-Painting Maruti Zen MPFi - Please Suggest a Best Colour

Thread Starter #16
Yeah i guess sticking to same color makes sense rather than going through all the hassle of updating the RC etc.
Now Pune guys suggest some good and CHEAP paint booth!!
@amiti- alloys and windshield and all those things are lined up next.
Getting bumpers, headlight assembly, tail lights changed. Already talked with shetty motors, opera house, Mumbai.
Not able to find good alloys in 12". Zen PCD is 114.3. Dont want to upsize as it does not have PS!!

Pls check the lanes in front of city pride satara road there are more than 10 paint shops.
Get quotation and check the quality of paint and work on existing cars there itself.
Meanwhile others will suggest us more options.
These shops are fairly reasonable as they have large competition within.

Mahindra True choice shop at Parvati Industril Estate, they have good setup with big Oven (Professional way) but more expensive.

Are you sure? It has to be there normally.
Yes im sure, the "color" is left blank, lucky me [clap]
I would say paint it black! That would look awesome on the beauty
I had painted my white zen black and Ill tell you is a PITA to keep it clean. No amount of polish or wax or washing is gonna keep it black.
IMO, black does not look good on zen, personally I had seen 3-4 black zens but somehow they don't look catchy. Also black is not easy to maintain.
Oh it does but only for the first few minutes of washing [;)]
Any agent will do that easily but need to spend about 1k. If you want to do it personally they be ready to spend a lot time.
Driving school guys quoted 250-300.
Mumbaikar, if you really want to change the color, then change to white and keep the bumpers black. Do not go for dark color in India due to heat.
White repaint wont last long, itll turn offwhite and yellow in a year and will look too bad.
If I were you ,instead of changing color, I would have gone for alloys, good tires, DRL's, filter, changed your front windshield, since it's cracked, etc. Honestly don't think that repainting the car is a good idea after seeing your car in person.
The best advise ever, keep the color, youll save a lot and the repaint would look much cleaner.

Dont judge by the cars theyre working on, most of them do different quality jobs according to the owner's budget and some do bad jobs irrespective of huge amounts. Also depends on different painters working at the same place. Try to find a good repainted car in your locality and ask the owner about it.

Last edited:
mumbaikar, is the decision made are you still thinking? I think I have got hold of my dad's friend who knows good shops and they do the same finishing at very less cost.

Thread Starter #21
Thnx amiti,
Made up my mind to go with the same color, but very busy in work! No time to spare. Shall do when things settle down and i get more free time on my hand.

Top Bottom