Re-Painting Maruti Zen MPFi - Please Suggest a Best Colour

Thread Starter #1
Hi guys,
I have a 2003 Zen mpfi Lx. The car is in mint condition. Quite a few Pune members have seen this beauty!
Now am bored of the Moon beam silver color. Its also 8 yrs old and cries for a repaint job!
Could you guys suggest some good color. Any PS job or actual pics would be quite helpful. I am considering black but Pune/Mumbai heat will make it a furnace[cry]. Might just retain the moon beam silver. Though cappuccino beige of skoda is my favorite.
Also i guess there is some RTO formality for changing color in the RC book and it also has to be informed to the insurance company.
Please help[:)]

Thread Starter #4
A zen is not a mini..
I lik a single tone color. Zen looks best when it is stock. Just my view though.

I have always had my views on Zen and modding it.
IMHO White color for the body.
Bumpers,ORVMs,door handles painted black,pitch black tint(if your city allows),
Nice wheel caps(Chrome alloys with low profile tyres is a looker if you plan to do that)

Avoid dull colours like grey and silver.
In solid try White, Bright Yellow or Red.
In metallic go for Blue (like Punto or Fiesta S). The Swift blue is also ok.

Thread Starter #8
@Surfer- Mine is Moon Beam silver. It has a blish tinge. Something similar to Fox tau azure in the punto.
Yours is silky silver.
I was thinking of black. How would that look?

Here is a pic of my zen..
And its taken from TAI members outing to Mulshi..[glasses]

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

AMG

Suspended
Before you do any of that stuff, let me tell you one thing.

You will have to get the colour in your RC updated, and that is a tedious job.

I dont know about the RC, when id painted my car black there was no mention of color in the RC or the Insurance papers so there were no issues to begin with.

For color dark violet is a really cool color for a zen, mostly dark colors work, else the skoda gold (not sure abt the name) would look good.

OT: What do you guys think about fitting the new zen (like surfer posted) bumpers to an old zen? Have any of you done/seen it?

I would say paint it black! That would look awesome on the beauty[:)]

And yes, RC needs to be updated with the change in color. No doubts about that.

I was thinking of black. How would that look?
IMO, black does not look good on zen, personally I had seen 3-4 black zens but somehow they don't look catchy. Also black is not easy to maintain.

will have to get the colour in your RC updated, and that is a tedious job.
Any agent will do that easily but need to spend about 1k. If you want to do it personally they be ready to spend a lot time.

Mumbaikar, if you really want to change the color, then change to white and keep the bumpers black. Do not go for dark color in India due to heat.

If I were you ,instead of changing color, I would have gone for alloys, good tires, DRL's, filter, changed your front windshield, since it's cracked, etc. Honestly don't think that repainting the car is a good idea after seeing your car in person.

Doctor saab,
Why don't you apply same color coat.
It will save the money and time which is estimated to get color change reflected in RC

Get your bumpers colored too it will add solid look to your zen.

By just giving the same color coat you will get back your vehicle early from paint booth with fewer bills as compared to change in color.

Top Bottom