RE Bullet's Awkward Fuel Tank Opening Lid

Thread Starter #1
hi everybody.i want to say something about RE bullet's fuel tank opening lid.nowdays bullet is gaining more attention because of its slight new looks and models.mine is electra 350 5s 2009 model and looks great but one thing irritates a lot.that is the fuel tank opening lid which is very inconvinient to open and becomes more headache [anger]especially when we go to petrol pump and there are many bikes behind us showing how good their horns are.i think the fuel tank opening lids should be made like nowdays bike for e.g the one which pulsar has.i think the company should pay attention to this.[thumbsup]

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
Thread Starter #3
i didnt said that it should me made exactly the copy of pulsar.but it should be made like nowdays bike and ofcourse pulsar is also one of nowdays bike.it should be designed which would suit bullets tank but should be convinient to open.and another thing also should be provided,that is, fuel level indicator

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
Thunderbird has the fuel level indicator. I remember when I was in the showroom I saw only one meter in electra. Don't know thunderbird looked better to me [:)]

Have you seen the 2012 thunderbird's fuel lid ? I will search and see if they have changed anything or not. BTW hated seeing the new thunderbird. Killed the overall look.

The Thunderbird 500 which was showcased at the Auto Expo has a different kind of fuel cap its round & its bigger too. Except for Classic 500 & 350 none of other models have new fuel caps. The older design is prone to fuel leakage & have to fix that bu putting a leather ring bang above the rubber in the fuel cap to arrest the leakage.

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
The Thunderbird 500 which was showcased at the Auto Expo has a different kind of fuel cap its round & its bigger too. Except for Classic 500 & 350 none of other models have new fuel caps. The older design is prone to fuel leakage & have to fix that bu putting a leather ring bang above the rubber in the fuel cap to arrest the leakage.
i have this problem :( i can't put more than 3-4 ltrs of petrol or else it leaks. can you please explain a bit more how to solve this problem ?

i have this problem :( i can't put more than 3-4 ltrs of petrol or else it leaks. can you please explain a bit more how to solve this problem ?
you should replace "O" ring of fuel cap.
also, new tanks have leakage exit pipe from tank cap to under seat. do check if its not blocked.

and there should be some problem with your tank, coz, Bull can get more petrol then 3 -4 liters, as it has big room for it. you should get it check with mechanics.

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
thanks for your answer. i already replaced the rubber ring but no change. actually my fuel lid didn't close properly so a mechanic tempered with it so that's why its leaking.

i don't ride my bike these days but after my examinations i will get the whole tank replaced because it has some dents as well. earlier i used to have full fill up. only after the mechanic touched it , its leaking.

Top Bottom