RB25DET Engine by Greddy - Trust

Engine swaps could be done. Maruti 800 has a tight engine bay. Throwing in a larger engine may need altering of Engine mounts, aprons, drive-shafts etc. I think its not really worth it for my car. My idea (for this car) is to have fun on a budget. lol.

We did a swap for my friends ride sometime back.

Stock Maruti Zen G10BB (4cyl)

Engine was swapped with a JDM cultus G15 block (bottom end) with a high flowing GTi DOHC G13 head. The light Zen chassis with this setup turned out real fun.

One of my other friends is in the process of putting a 2JZ engine into a older BMW chassis. Engine, tranny gone in - in the process of sorting electronics.

Thread Starter #17
oh yeah i know what u mean

how about getting a used car's shell from wreckers and do whole custom job. that will take ages but worth it man

BMW with 2jz there are so many builds that you can learn off.

Supra 2JZ-GTE powered M5 - The Unofficial BMW M5 Messageboard (m5board.com)

there you go

Differentials should be okay as long as you make the proper tranny for it. are you using 2jz tranny or what?

are u using non turbo engine or single or twin turbo?

make sure you buy the ecu and harness with it

I have not been personally involved with this (BMW 2JZ) build. He was trying to source a Supra Getrag 6 speed if not settle for the 5 speed.
The engine was a stock 2JZ turbo engine with ECU and wiring when sourced.

Thread Starter #21
The garage owner went to sydney during the weekend and I have already paid him $1000 and he said he will give me a call when its ready. I was hoping it be finished by tuesday . I will update the thread once its all up and running.

Car was running when I dropped and smoked a Nissan 370z on the way to garage! afterall 240KW on 1000KG car is alot when it comes to power to weight ratios [;)]

Thread Starter #23
I just called my garage today and he was like am still working on it . I didnt ask him to rush because I know they are busy too plus its a messy job. Removing a modified engine and putting a stock motor , harnes and ecu

I know how those anxious moments/days feel like. Im sure it will be more than worth the wait. Keep us posted with the progress as days pass by.

Top Bottom