Rattling Sources and Solutions

Re: Toyota Corolla Axio Repair Damage Myself?

If that's the case, try a good body shop that can repair the parts. If repairs are impossible, then another option is to go for custom made bumpers, and boot lid.

freakdude.
I can get the parts but it will cost a lot because it needs to be specially imported. The front hood can be easily fixed and so can the rear bumper but the front bumper and boot lid cannot be repaired.

I will get the boot to close next week by replacing the latch and will get some primer on the scratched to prevent rust. I don't think the bumper shaking is such a bad thing.

Figo – Squeaking Noise from Rear Door Panels (While playing Music)

Frenz – My Figo is producing some Squeaking Noise from Rear Door Panels, only while the Music is on and typically on High Bass and Beats. For one to understand the issue in simple terms, this is very similar to the sound of Torn Speakers. However, the speakers are just fine and have even been replaced with new ones just to rule out such doubts.

Metro Ford in Bangalore tried their best with packing the door panel with some Thermocol etc. However, those are just quick fixes and back to square one with in a week. They tried even harder after this being escalated to Ford India, but no much luck. Finally, they close the case concluding that such sound is normal in every Figo and they showed me couple of New Cars which is producing such sound.

I have had this issue since ever I brought the car and it was fixed once by Planet Ford in Pune. This has recurred recently and Metro Ford couldn’t help it much.

If this is the case in all Figos, does that mean anyone brought Figo should live with that issue forever? Both Metro Ford & Ford India has no answer to it…

Figoians – Please let me know about this issue in your car. If so, we could even jointly take it up with Ford to find a permanent fix. After all, why should we live with an issue for their inability?

Rattling noise from left front door in Swift Vxi 2006 model!

Hello TAI'ians,
First of all a very Happy New Year to all of you. This is my first post of 2013 and starting it with some irritation and frustration. I have been noticing some rattling noise from my front left door since a couple of days now. I have got the damping done sometime back. It feels as though some part of the door is loose. I noticed that one door screw/button (right hand top one) is missing. Can that be the reason for the rattling sound? :help:

Re: Rattling noise from left front door in Swift Vxi 2006 model!

Is this rattling noise is prevalent from long time or just now?
Even I have faced this rattling noise in 800 and wagonR toooo.
Please confirm about all the vehicles.

i am also facing same problem with my 1 month old spark left door noise.

Is this rattling noise is prevalent from long time or just now?
Even I have faced this rattling noise in 800 and wagonR toooo.
Please confirm about all the vehicles.
The rattling noise started recently, around 7-10 days back with no reason. This noise comes only on bad roads and potholes. When the cabin is silent the rattling sound is quite loud, with music on i cannot hear the rattling noise much. I guess this is a common problem in Maruti cars mainly because of the overall build quality. Since i haven't tried removing/changing any part of the car myself, have decided to get it checked when i get it serviced the next time. Do you guys think i can check what the problem is myself?

Check the power window motor, next the glass.

Let us know whether the noise comes when window is open or closed.

Check the power window motor, next the glass.

Let us know whether the noise comes when window is open or closed.
Hi Varun. The rattling sound comes both the times - when the window is opened and when the window is closed. How do i check if it is because of the power window motor or not?

Remove the door pad, use a sponge or any rubber material, place it between the mount points.
Check if the sound is vanished.

Also check the door lock, cables, joining rods.

Last edited:
I was getting a rattling sound from the tailgate area of my spark. During recent 1st year free servicing got the issue solved. culprit was a broken plastic pin in the taigate panel. Now my sparky is really silent inside. Posting the pic of the pin with one leg missing :-)

BTW, the mechanic mentioned that loose or broken pins were the source of rattling from doors in 90% of cases.

Attachments

Re: Figo – Squeaking Noise from Rear Door Panels (While playing Music)

Frenz – My Figo is producing some Squeaking Noise from Rear Door Panels, only while the Music is on and typically on High Bass and Beats. For one to understand the issue in simple terms, this is very similar to the sound of Torn Speakers. However, the speakers are just fine and have even been replaced with new ones just to rule out such doubts.

Metro Ford in Bangalore tried their best with packing the door panel with some Thermocol etc. However, those are just quick fixes and back to square one with in a week. They tried even harder after this being escalated to Ford India, but no much luck. Finally, they close the case concluding that such sound is normal in every Figo and they showed me couple of New Cars which is producing such sound.

I have had this issue since ever I brought the car and it was fixed once by Planet Ford in Pune. This has recurred recently and Metro Ford couldn’t help it much.

If this is the case in all Figos, does that mean anyone brought Figo should live with that issue forever? Both Metro Ford & Ford India has no answer to it…

Figoians – Please let me know about this issue in your car. If so, we could even jointly take it up with Ford to find a permanent fix. After all, why should we live with an issue for their inability?
Any other Figoians to share their views in this regard?

Dear Figoian, a friend of mine has 2 yrs old figo (Titanium-diesel). he has got sony amplifier and subwoofer installed. He used to get some rattling/creaking noise from door panels. but there is no rattling noise from doors now after he had pasted large sheets of sponge covering the back of the panels completely and 3M double sided tapes on the edges of the door panels a few months back. hope it helps. He also got the doors adjusted.

Last edited:
Earplugs are best solution to avoid noise and rattles in car. At times it is heavenly with 100 percent guarenteed results nevertheless highly VFM too.

Dear Figoian, a friend of mine has 2 yrs old figo (Titanium-diesel). he has got sony amplifier and subwoofer installed. He used to get some rattling/creaking noise from door panels. but there is no rattling noise from doors now after he had pasted large sheets of sponge covering the back of the panels completely and 3M double sided tapes on the edges of the door panels a few months back. hope it helps. He also got the doors adjusted.
Brilliant Lucas. I was exactly thinking of the same idea. No idea why not FASS get such ideas.

BTW, what you meant by "He also got the doors adjusted."?

My 3 months old Ertiga with 3500kms ratlles here and there. I had rattle snake Figo before now my Ertiga rattles. I fixed most of them as the service center never fixed them. I boght double sided tape and put them between two joints. Also the wirings were covered with sponge cloth. There are two rattles that I could not fix one is from the roof AC it produces kat kat noise and the A pilar still produces tick tick noise which I need to ask the service center guys to fix them. This time I am choosing CARS india in ambattur chennai. I hear they are good people to catch rattle snakes. Previous service center were ABT at ambattur chennai which I was not satisfied from sales and service. Any one from chennai can you suggest me best service center to fix the rattles?

Top Bottom