Rattling Sources and Solutions

My Swift hatch panels rattle like they are being tortured on un-even roads.

Being a newbie I am unable to judge the real tech reason behind this, but do car suspensions harden up over time and does that contribute to increasing rattles ?

hi there i have maruti 800 carb 2000 model which is 12 years old now and it rattles like any thing . when the engine is cold it rattles all the dash board and bumpers as if the car is in vibration mode and also squeaks like rats for 2-3 sec at startup . after attaining operating temperature the rattles come down .The rattles even dissappear when you gently depress the throttle and hold in that position i dont know why this is happening

^^^
Are you sure is it only because of cold start? Have you tried switching off the ignition and starting again when the engine is hot?

I doubt the idle rpm [confused]

^^^
Are you sure is it only because of cold start? Have you tried switching off the ignition and starting again when the engine is hot?

I doubt the idle rpm [confused]
@Mr.Boss yes at cold start my car rattles alot , but after attaining operating temperature the rattles come down but not zero . yes i've tried switching off the engine and again turning on after attaining operating temperature , but i need not press the accelerator to keep the rattles down after attaining operating temperature. yeah i too agree with you that its something related to idle speed and firing as it has not been serviced from past six years atleast 10,000-15,000 kms [evil] i was too busy that time ok i agree im lazy :biggrin:

Hi afrose3, it is normal that a carb 800 vibrates when its is started for the first time, the only solution is the increase the RPM by pressing the accelerator pedal.

Also check for engine mounts/ bedding if they are weak they make the engine to vibrate than normal.

As suggested by Mr boss, try increasing the idle RPM too.

Hi afrose3, it is normal that a carb 800 vibrates when its is started for the first time, the only solution is the increase the RPM by pressing the accelerator pedal.

Also check for engine mounts/ bedding if they are weak they make the engine to vibrate than normal.

As suggested by Mr boss, try increasing the idle RPM too.
thanks for your suggestion Varun560061 i'll go with your advice. when i used my hand force to rock the air filter out of curiosity:biggrin: ,to my surprise the whole engine block was shaking , was it a sign of worn out bushes . im going to retro fit a/c shortly , i'll get it done there.

Last edited:
Toyota Corolla Axio Repair Damage Myself?

Hi, I'm an Indian living in the UK at present. My Toyota Corolla Axio has a bit of damage on the front and rear.

Once I slipped on ice and hit an SUV in front of me and there was negligible damage to both cars. The impact was really slow.

My sister has reversed into walls and gates a couple of times at low speeds because of confusing the accelerator and brake or being in the reverse gear by mistake. She has deformed the back bumper and the latch that closes the boot so you need to bang the boot to close it and it vibrates while driving.

Another time my foot slipped from the brake pedal and I turned the car on the guard rail to prevent rear ending the car ahead of me. This caused some denting to the hood and bent the bumper inwards.

I was not able to drive the car as the bumper was touch one of the wheels while steering. I hammered the bumper forwards in the area near the wheel and now I can drive it. However I do hear a rattling noise from the front corner.

I was wondering whether if anyone had tips on stopping the rattling noise if possible and making the boot work properly. I don't care too much about getting the bodywork to original condition but would really like the boot to close properly.

Re: Toyota Corolla Axio Repair Damage Myself?

Hi, I'm an Indian living in the UK at present. My Toyota Corolla Axio has a bit of damage on the front and rear.

Once I slipped on ice and hit an SUV in front of me and there was negligible damage to both cars. The impact was really slow.

My sister has reversed into walls and gates a couple of times at low speeds because of confusing the accelerator and brake or being in the reverse gear by mistake. She has deformed the back bumper and the latch that closes the boot so you need to bang the boot to close it and it vibrates while driving.

Another time my foot slipped from the brake pedal and I turned the car on the guard rail to prevent rear ending the car ahead of me. This caused some denting to the hood and bent the bumper inwards.

I was not able to drive the car as the bumper was touch one of the wheels while steering. I hammered the bumper forwards in the area near the wheel and now I can drive it. However I do hear a rattling noise from the front corner.

I was wondering whether if anyone had tips on stopping the rattling noise if possible and making the boot work properly. I don't care too much about getting the bodywork to original condition but would really like the boot to close properly.
Can you please post the pics of the affected areas. it would help us understand the extent of damage.

freakdude.

Can you please post the pics of the affected areas. it would help us understand the extent of damage.

freakdude.
I'm sorry but (hard to believe I know) but the only camera I own is a 0.3MP thing on my laptop.

Basically the front bumper has moves inwards and I figured that it makes the noise as it shakes. The hood has a blunt dent and the boot lid looks as if it has reversed into a pole (actually my sis reversed in two walls and a gate) and back bumper has some minor deformation.

I'm sorry but (hard to believe I know) but the only camera I own is a 0.3MP thing on my laptop.

Basically the front bumper has moves inwards and I figured that it makes the noise as it shakes. The hood has a blunt dent and the boot lid looks as if it has reversed into a pole (actually my sis reversed in two walls and a gate) and back bumper has some minor deformation.
Visualizing the damage, the rattling should be because of the following :
1. Front bumper : Loose/broken bumper locks, that hold it in place.
2. Rear boot lid : deformed/mis-aligned boot.

These are much more than rattles and both are to be fixed in a body shop.

freakdude.

Visualizing the damage, the rattling should be because of the following :
1. Front bumper : Loose/broken bumper locks, that hold it in place.
2. Rear boot lid : deformed/mis-aligned boot.

These are much more than rattles and both are to be fixed in a body shop.

freakdude.
It virtually impossible to gt body parts for this car as it is normally only sold in Japan, in addition to that it is a TRD (TOYOTA Racing Development) trim level which makes it even more rare and expensive.

It virtually impossible to gt body parts for this car as it is normally only sold in Japan, in addition to that it is a TRD (TOYOTA Racing Development) trim level which makes it even more rare and expensive.
If that's the case, try a good body shop that can repair the parts. If repairs are impossible, then another option is to go for custom made bumpers, and boot lid.

freakdude.

Top Bottom