Raghuvanshi Motors, Delhi (Tata-Fiat) Doing Unethical Business

Thread Starter #1

350Z

Core Team
Raghuvanshi Motors is an authorized dealership of Tata-Fiat in New Delhi. During my hunt of buying a new sedan, I was particularly interested to find out about the deals going on for Linea T-Jet and therefore, called up various Tata-Fiat dealerships in the city. Unfortunately, Raghuvanshi Motors was one of them. Since the showroom is situated far away from my location, I decided to take an estimate of the on-road price including all the possible discounts on the phone and this deal started to turn out rather more sweet when I was informed that they have a year old model lying in the stock on which a fair amount of discount can be offered.

I was running on a hectic schedule already in entire month but still, payed a visit to this dealership soon, especially to check out the condition of this particular car and finalize if the things work out well. But alas, maybe my expectations were too high, despite of facing similar terrible experiences with Tata-Fiat earlier. The person (S.A-1) to whom I spoke previously was not available, but he assigned someone else to deal with us (S.A – 2). The receptionist asked us to sit in the lounge and wait for him. It was almost an hour waiting but none of them was concerned. We insisted the receptionist to ring the person because he too was outside the showroom and call him as soon as possible. Finally, within a few more minutes he arrived and introduced himself as senior representative of Fiat sales. This person was not at all aware about the deal that S.A-1 had offered. He astonishingly asked. “He offered this. Really?” Meanwhile he called up S.A-1 to confirm. And I was checking out the Linea T-Jet in their stockyard (Top-floor). The entire car was tightly parked and covered with thick layers of dust inside out as if it was never cleaned in the span of one year. The battery was conked and some plastics were also loose. This made me a little hesitant and I thought to perform a thorough inspection later on with a drive. Back to the showroom, now the SA-2 told me that what S.A-1 said on phone was incorrect and they cannot offer this much discounts and cannot offer the deal at quoted price earlier.

After some talks, he also revealed that there will be firmly no price difference offered whether I pick 2010 model or 2011. This was not only shocking but also a terribly annoying situation. While negotiating, he went to talk to his boss and came back after spending more than around half an hour. This time he said, “Yes, S.A-1 was not informed and price he quoted earlier was incorrect. But still we can offer best from our end and I just spoke to my boss about that. You just have to submit the copy of RC of existing car and we can offer the exchange bonus without actually exchanging your present car. This will be for the record on papers only.” Now I immediately suspected something fishy because I had not intent to sell my existing car at all. He was still trying to convince me about that and blabber the positives of Linea over competition. I was already disappointed and now even more since he was still trying to convince despite I had clearly declined to submit the RC and involve in any such malpractice. Now he again showed a will to talk to his boss, but I just walked away since I didn’t want to stay a moment more in a dealership that has an unprofessional conduct and so many confusions.

Maybe call it my luck but having such experiences multiple times, I have totally lost my faith and interest to buy a Fiat product now. Not that I don’t like their cars, in fact, I still love them but attitude of such dealerships sometimes makes me wonder – if that’s the scenario in pre-sales. How after sales will be treating me like? Would I want to beg and run after the company after spending over 8 Lakhs for their car? Definitely not.

PS: Back home, I searched the web for reviews of this dealership. Not surprisingly, I found another case where they have tried to do exactly the same thing. Here’s what that customer had to say: Iresponsible Car Dealer of TATA Motors - Raghuvanshi Motors , Dilshad Garden
The deal was made for TATA VISTA Quadrajet AURA model and at the time of delivery they tired delivering BS 4 model. After much discussion they agreed and then came a new thing . The dealer asked me to submit the photocopy of RC of my old vehicle as they can get benefit of 10000 Rupees by showing this vehicle in exchange. I refused to do that as i never wanted to sell my old car or exchange it. I don't understand how can someone get EXCHANGE benefited without selling the car on exchange. IS IT ETHICAL ?
Drive Safe,
350Z

Oh, thats one terrible pre-sales experience. But honestly speaking, i am not surprised with this attitude at Tata-Fiat Dealership. Although during our ownership of Indigo, we had to face issues related to delay in works and poor workmanship, most of the issues were blamed on Tata motors. I was told that even after repeated remainders from dealership to higher authorities at the Tata motors regional office, the issues remained unattended.

But your case is pretty different and the dealership is to be blamed.

Thread Starter #3

350Z

Core Team
High time that both the manufacturers better buckle up and act seriously to get rid of such poor dealerships which are doing nothing except for spoiling their name.

Drive Safe,
350Z

This should reach to the highest authorities, who are assigning those dealerships mindlessly. I can understand your frustration and I am amazed at their behaviour! If I were in your place I would have thought of the same thing.

Now that I own one, and have driven for more than 1K Kms, I can tell you that product is much much better and expects way better treatment from these shady Sales and delivery!

This incident surely smells fishy. This set me thinking, how could the dealer be benefitting by showing a car exchange when none happened. How all can he possibly mis-use the RC photocopy? Cud our legal minded friends give their opinion?

Thread Starter #6

350Z

Core Team
Booked another (Non-Fiat) car finally. Will appreciate views of fellow legal friends (Jalex?) here. Hope Fiat diligently works to get this right in future and people do not walk out of their showrooms upset as I did.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Booked another (Non-Fiat) car finally. Will appreciate views of fellow legal friends (Jalex?) here. Hope Fiat diligently works to get this right in future and people do not walk out of their showrooms upset as I did.

Drive Safe,
350Z
So which is the other one Vibhor?

Congrats on your new car.

This incident surely smells fishy. This set me thinking, how could the dealer be benefitting by showing a car exchange when none happened. How all can he possibly mis-use the RC photocopy? Cud our legal minded friends give their opinion?
Maybe the dealer is getting an exchange bonus from the manufacturer. And all that the manufacturer must be asking from the dealer as a proof/record must be the RC book copy of the exchanged car along with a form duly filled & signed by the concerned customer. Now after taking the RC copy from the customer, they must be filling the form themselves & sending it across with a fake signature.

Maybe the customer is entitled to a bonus - say 30k. The dealer wont inform this to the customer & pass on 10k to the customer as a discount & pocket the remaining 20k.

Thread Starter #11

350Z

Core Team
Maybe the dealer is getting an exchange bonus from the manufacturer. And all that the manufacturer must be asking from the dealer as a proof/record must be the RC book copy of the exchanged car along with a form duly filled & signed by the concerned customer. Now after taking the RC copy from the customer, they must be filling the form themselves & sending it across with a fake signature.

Maybe the customer is entitled to a bonus - say 30k. The dealer wont inform this to the customer & pass on 10k to the customer as a discount & pocket the remaining 20k.
You are correct. But they won't need to forge signature if buyer agrees to offer RC for the sake of exchange bonus from his own will.

Hmmm. When are you going to disclose the name / brand of the car. In Auto Expo
Yeah. Just consider something like that. [;)]

Drive Safe,
350Z

Was thinking on the same lines also. Since 350Z was looking for a good deal they must have assumed he would say yes for a 10,000 discount,
although a question on my mind,could they use it for any black market purposes for a stolen car of similar model from the Rc book?? [confused]

I was also asked the same thing last year when we were buying our Manza by a Hyundai dealership. He told me that the there is a discount of 20,000/- as exchange bonus. Out of that 50% is borne by the company and the rest by dealer. So by giving the RC and showing the car to the Company guy he can get me a discount of 10,000/-

Quite funnily the same dealership offered us the same deal this year as well when we are on the lookout for a new hatch.
But the good thing is the TATA & Maruti dealership I visited here don't offer any such deal.

Top Bottom