Quikr Used Car Inspection Reality

Thread Starter #1
Hello everyone ,I am kushagra from kanpur.Mods and others - please feel free to correct me if I am missing something. I will offer my apologies in advance and also offer my thanks in advance here only!
Why i choose to sell off my car?
well this decision was not taken in one day.I am a automobile lover from my childhood..from 2013 and onwards my interest in cars shifted from buying a well maintained car to restoring a car. and this bought me to a maruti 800 std. mpfi model of 2001.

well the car needs a lot of attention on body as well as on mechanicals too.so first it recieved some body attention-new dent - paint.after that list goes on and on and finally,it was restored to stock condition.​

following parts were changed in the restoration-
all fluids,oils
all rubbers,belts
both drive shafts
all shockers,tie rod ends,ball joints
all hinges(doors,bonnet and hatch)
all bearings
all tyres
etc.
these were the major parts ,but list was quite long.
overall i was quite satisfied with the job,but somehow it was making a lot of rattling noise,on inspection everytime either the culprit was a door hinge or a beading.till now i have hardly driven it 1000 kms,and already 4 door hinges have been changed,every week my car is standing in garage for this and that.so after a lot of frustation,finally i made decision to sell it off or exchange it .I advertised it on olx and recently on quikr.now a days quikr is providing a service of free car inspection.so i opted for it,yesterday the guy came to my house,i was quite shocked what he did in inspection ,he just takes the photographs here and there ,asked me no. of ownership,and manufaturing year,and thats it.i was waiting for the inspection report ,and i was shocked what they provide in inspection report-
first of all my car is std, version no ac no heater and they gave this rating-
Heater Operation 5/10
AC Compressor Noise 6/10
AC Cooling 0/10
wow just wow genious
then they gave 5/10 in strut and shocks,Noise During Test Drive(i dont remember when he take the test drive) 6/10,Battery 6/10(reality-my battery is 5 years old local chinese made)and also in one place they have written battery make-exide(all red and white batteries cant be exide), they gave 6/10 to all the tyres(remember these are hardly 500 km driven tyres as i changed these two months after restoration,and not a single puncture), in accesories section -Central Locking 0/10(newly installed and inspection guy himself unlock it from remote)
Music System and Speaker 5/10(again newly installed two pioneer 6*9 in boxes and two sony xplod 4 inch speakers in dashboard+2 tweeters), Kms 55000,Mileage 52303(i dont understand these actually my meter reading is 52303 ), Second Key- Not Available(i have two keys +two remotes)
here is the link to my add-White 2001 Maruti Suzuki Maruti 800 Std MPFi - 55,000 kms driven in Lakhanpur, Kanpur Used Cars on Kanpur Quikr Classifieds
I dont think that after this i am ever going to trust on inspection reports,in quikr.simply they are cheating with everyone.their inspection reports are totally based on guesses .if the car is old enough they are going to provide these no.

Thanks for sharing this incident. I am not sure if we should laugh about it. But as joni_rajpura said these are money making tricks.
I wish you get a nice price for that car. All the best!!

It’s good that you have shared this incident and I am totally shocked that such a famous company "Quikr" offers this type of Used Car Inspection. However, it would be better if you would have done the Used Car Inspection from the online dealers like car wale, car trade or IndianBlueBook, might be they would offer better car valuation for you.

Top Bottom