Questions About New Bolero M2DiCR

Thread Starter #16
Those days have gone where a diesel vehicle should run daily,Now it is not that's why the CRDe technology has come,it acts almost like an petrol engine and will start with ease even after a month when switched off.

If you use this for weekend trips why not buy an eeco? Its a petrol one means lesser maintenance costs and lower EMIs.It has a good aircon unit and the steering is good enough to handle.
It is another relief to hear that about the diesel engines. I think I have a lot of myths about the diesel engines [frustration].

I am planning to throw some abuses to this machine while accompanying friends to some remote places. May need to travel through some really bad roads (almost nonexistent). Though these are occassional, but. So Eeco would not be suitable.

Now you people might have understood that I am finding some reasons every time to restrict my options only to Bolero. Do not know why I am hooked to this machine. Probably the jeep look and feel may be the factor. I am a die hard fan of Maruti Gypsy, who is everytime looking at that mountain goat and have a sigh thinking that why Maruti did not put a diesel mill in it :biggrin:.

Hi Novice, With the Bolero u cant get it too wrong, but i will still reiterate that you test drive atleast 2 other vehicles before you make up your mind - also on a lighter note never go against the wishes of the home minister whatever any automobile enthusiast here suggest, you dont want to end up starving at home!![;)]

Thread Starter #18
Hi Novice, With the Bolero u cant get it too wrong, but i will still reiterate that you test drive atleast 2 other vehicles before you make up your mind
Sure Iron Rock. I am not a die hard fan of Mahindra or a TATA hater. As you people suggested, I am planning for a test drive of the other vehicles suggested here (Sumo in both the variants). Probably by this weekend itself if they have the demo vehicle ready.

also on a lighter note never go against the wishes of the home minister whatever any automobile enthusiast here suggest, you dont want to end up starving at home!!
True. Very true infact! [cheers]

It is another relief to hear that about the diesel engines. I think I have a lot of myths about the diesel engines [frustration].

I am planning to throw some abuses to this machine while accompanying friends to some remote places. May need to travel through some really bad roads (almost nonexistent). Though these are occassional, but. So Eeco would not be suitable.

Now you people might have understood that I am finding some reasons every time to restrict my options only to Bolero. Do not know why I am hooked to this machine. Probably the jeep look and feel may be the factor. I am a die hard fan of Maruti Gypsy, who is everytime looking at that mountain goat and have a sigh thinking that why Maruti did not put a diesel mill in it :biggrin:.
That is the magic Bolero makes and that's why it has been a largest selling SUV and a boon on rural masses.

Sure Iron Rock. I am not a die hard fan of Mahindra or a TATA hater. As you people suggested, I am planning for a test drive of the other vehicles suggested here (Sumo in both the variants). Probably by this weekend itself if they have the demo vehicle ready.
Bolero is lot better Than Sumo, but there is no harm trying both of them.

Great stuff, keep us posted on ur trials, also someone said the car chooses u and not the other way round [;)]

Thread Starter #21
Sorry to inform you that the trials did not happen. Not that good experience with Tata for the TD. Called the near by showroom and asked for a TD. The lady told me that she would ask the executive to call me back with the details. No response after 2 hours. Called again and same response. This happened total 3 times and I am yet to get a call from them. [frustration]

Another twist in the tale.
The Mahindra Sales Executive called me and told that they have 2 Bolero Storms with them, one is 2011 Jun and the other is 2011 Aug. He told that I can expect some discounts on these as it is out of production now.

I am a bit inclined to the 97 hourses tied in to that motor [lol].
What shall I do? Is it worth considering?

But the price. They are saying that the last sold price for it in On-Road was 8.3L. I know it was priced at above 8L once. But if I remember correctly, there was a price cut at the end (I guess in 2011 sometime). Anybody is having the price details of Bolero Storm? What was the price after the price-cut happened in 2011? If it goes beyond 7.5 L on-road, I am not going to consider it (a jeep with door, PS and AC cannot steal my 8.x bucks).

Those are my feelings [cheers] till now wondering why Maruti cant put a diesel heart in it?
Would stare at a Gypsy till now if passes near me.

Meanwhile I want you to go with the Bolero any way. (just my idea if I were you I would not even consider a sumo.)

I am a bit inclined to the 97 hourses tied in to that motor [lol].
What shall I do? Is it worth considering?

But the price. They are saying that the last sold price for it in On-Road was 8.3L. I know it was priced at above 8L once. But if I remember correctly, there was a price cut at the end (I guess in 2011 sometime). Anybody is having the price details of Bolero Storm? What was the price after the price-cut happened in 2011? If it goes beyond 7.5 L on-road, I am not going to consider it (a jeep with door, PS and AC cannot steal my 8.x bucks).

Bolero Storm has great power as you say 97 horses,when i TDed the storm one,it started as if you are starting petrol engine,there is a bit of vibrations(too less when compared to the Di engine) but great thing to move as the torque was good.Anyway take a test drive of that Vehicle too!

Well I if you are concerned about buying one,then easily get it and rock yourself,ask the dealers for more discounts and tell them that you are buying the old model which means lesser resale value(only for them[;)])Try hard if you're gonna need it.

Thread Starter #24
I am in the process of bargaining with the dealer, for a Bolero Storm. 2 Bolero Storms are available in the showroom. I prefer the black one (MFD 2011 June). The dealer is quoting 8.3L for the machine (On-road) and he is ready to give me a discount of 20K. So that means 8.1L on-road (for a model that stopped in production). What are your thoughts about this?

Do we have any Storm owners here? Need some information from someone who owns this machine. When I talked to some of my friends who own the DI machines, they were discouraging me from getting the Storm. They are not impressed with the CRDe motor's reliability. When I went through some forums also, I read about issues with CRDe motor. So I think it would be great if some owners can comment on this.

Also can somebody tell me about the last Ex-showroom/On-road price for Bolero? Because in some other forums, I read that there were a good cash discount offer on Storm and the On-road price in Delhi was 7.3 L. So I am really confused! [confused]

I am in the process of bargaining with the dealer, for a Bolero Storm. 2 Bolero Storms are available in the showroom. I prefer the black one (MFD 2011 June). The dealer is quoting 8.3L for the machine (On-road) and he is ready to give me a discount of 20K. So that means 8.1L on-road (for a model that stopped in production). What are your thoughts about this?
[confused]
20k discount is not suitable,when we had the storm versions in Bangalore,the OTR price was 8.00L,so haggle hard in best possible way.

Do we have any Storm owners here? Need some information from someone who owns this machine. When I talked to some of my friends who own the DI machines, they were discouraging me from getting the Storm. They are not impressed with the CRDe motor's reliability. When I went through some forums also, I read about issues with CRDe motor. So I think it would be great if some owners can comment on this.
Unfortunately we don't have Storm owners here reviews likewise.
DI Mill was very harsh and vibrations along with sound was more.Not the CRDe one,better drive that vehicle which you saw in the showroom for some distance and then decide.
Issues mean? Anything big?

Also can somebody tell me about the last Ex-showroom/On-road price for Bolero? Because in some other forums, I read that there were a good cash discount offer on Storm and the On-road price in Delhi was 7.3 L. So I am really confused!
Delhi has lower price,but not down in South,because of RTO fee structure and taxes,Hey But KL's price should be a little more than Delhi's price,guess the dealers are trying hard to sell one.

Thread Starter #26
Got a test drive of Bolero Storm. Impressed with the power delivery of the vehicle. First time I am seeing 100 km/hr in a Bolero. I felt the braking better than the ZLX Demo vehicle (may be specific to the TD vehicle). Overall I am happy with the Vehicle.

But the pricing is still confusing. Dealer is very confident that the On-Road price is 8.3 and he will give it @ 8L. No discounts after that. But I am not satisfied with the price (especially when thinking that it was sold @ 7.xL once). [sad]

Now I am tossing between M2DiCR and CRDe.

Got a test drive of Bolero Storm. Impressed with the power delivery of the vehicle. First time I am seeing 100 km/hr in a Bolero. I felt the braking better than the ZLX Demo vehicle (may be specific to the TD vehicle). Overall I am happy with the Vehicle.

But the pricing is still confusing. Dealer is very confident that the On-Road price is 8.3 and he will give it @ 8L. No discounts after that. But I am not satisfied with the price (especially when thinking that it was sold @ 7.xL once). [sad]

If I was you, I would pick up this storm, its a rocket!

Sumo looks too taxi types, the typical call centre cab. I would avoid that as a family vehicle.

Mostly, the attributes of the Bolero which makes it the highest selling SUv/MUV (no debates on that now!) in India -
1) very very rugged
2) very very reliable (tried & tested)
3) more fun to drive
4) built to be abused
5) heavy build ensures NIL or minimal rattles or squeaks even after abuse

If you have test driven it,loved the particular one,then price wont matter what matters is satisfaction,are you sure that it was sold below 8L?

A Bolero at 7-8 lacs just doesn't cut it for me, a Scorpio is a far better car than Bolero anyday,so The Xover suggests you to go for ScORPIO lx than Bolero.

Top Bottom