Query on Custom LED's and Number Plate

Thread Starter #1
HI Guys,
I had a couple of queries hoping you guys could clear up.. dont wanna get into any kind of trouble with the law.. [:)]

1. First of all would like to know if there is any rule that Bans the use of LED's on car exteriors or on bikes. was gonna get a couple of LED's for my car but my friend warned me against it saying that cops can fine me for it.. Suppposedly it causes distractions to other motorists.

2. Secondly.. my bike front number plate bracket broke off from the ferring..
since its plastic thers no way i can get it fixed back again. i have a CBZ extreme.. Iv seen a few bikes with Number plate stickers on their front mud guard (circled area in Pic below)
is it allowed if the number is displayed on the mud guard, or can i be pulled over for it.

thanks guys.. Best regards

Attachments

Re: Query on LED's and Number Plate

1) There are so many law breakers on the road, I dont think LEDs will attract the cops. But I feel it will look very cheap. Get proper DRLs if you want.

2) Better get the number plate repaired rather than pasting a sticker.

Fazer

Suspended
1. First of all would like to know if there is any rule that Bans the use of LED's on car exteriors or on bikes. was gonna get a couple of LED's for my car but my friend warned me against it saying that cops can fine me for it.. Suppposedly it causes distractions to other motorists.
No. Nothing as such. Atleast here, in Faridabad, Cops don't fine anyone for LED's or Decorative lights. However, It is true that LEDs cause distraction to the motorists as well as the Driver itself (In case they are placed inside the car). If you want underbody lighting for the car, then get LEDs. Otherwise, if you want for placing between the bumper, then get DRLs (Daytime running lights) from some aftermarket shop.

2. Secondly.. my bike front number plate bracket broke off from the ferring..
since its plastic thers no way i can get it fixed back again. i have a CBZ extreme.. Iv seen a few bikes with Number plate stickers on their front mud guard (circled area in Pic below)
is it allowed if the number is displayed on the mud guard, or can i be pulled over for it.
No. It is not allowed IMO, however, many bikers have it. In Scooters (Aviator, etc), the number plate has to be put as a Sticker on the front because 'honda' has not provided any provision for the number plate. Better get the Normal number plate and fix it by changing the entire part or replacing it. Also, what you can try is to paste the sticker on the front (Above the Head Light), Hope it helps.[:D]

Thread Starter #4
Guys,
Thanks a lot for your replies.. It seems sensible to get the number plate fixed, rather than taking a chance with the sticker..
then get DRLs (Daytime running lights) from some aftermarket shop
Abhiraj im not familiar with these, could you elaborate a bit. Thanks.

Fazer

Suspended
DRLs (Daytime running lights) are Super-Bright LED device which we see in most Mercs and Audis. They are so bright that they are visible from a very long distance also.
It is fitted on the Front Bumper, So that the oncoming traffic can notice you.
Here is some more info :
Daytime running lamp - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Here are some pics also (Just type DRLs on Google and there are many of them):

http://www.********.com/forum/attac...in-air-purification-system-night_drl_only.jpg

http://www.********.com/forum/attac...n-leds-wheels-ice-more-front-parking-drls.jpg

[Image source : Google]

Cheers.[:D]

Top Bottom