Queries on Transfer of Ownership, Insurance & Taxes

yes that means the car has insurance is lapsed. however for transfer of ownership it would work but not for claiming any damages. hope you got my point.

the best thing would be once the R.C is transfered on to your friends name take a fresh policy.

Re: Transfer of Bike

Hi,

I am transferring my bike to someone in Delhi (it is the same place where I have purchased). Buyer submit all the required documents to RTO office (Sarai). After 30 days when buyer visit RTO office, RTO officer told him that Seller current signature is not matching with system signature and so he could not issue new RC and asking Seller to be here with valid ID proof.

As I am currently not in India and I am not sure about the signature I made 10 yrs ago (Bike purchased in 2004).
So please help me to get to know what are other options we can follow to the transfer of bike.
hi devendra,

Even i am facing the same problem. did your problem get resolved????

the RTO calls the original owner with his/ her Id proof to his office to sign the form before him is to make sure that that owner knows his car is sold or to confirm its a perfectly legal transaction. nothing to worry about it.

once you are in the R.T.O. office meet the R.T.O explain the situation and show himi your Id proofs which shows that you and only you are the owner of the said vehicle and then he will show you the signature you had done. then all you have to do is sign the form in front of him and your work is completed.

now as you said you are not in india you can authorise someone from your family to talk to R.T.O on your behalf. and then probably you can do a video conferencing and solve. the above info is fit only if the R.T.O agrees otherwise you will have to be physically present.

hope your queries are answered, if clarification required please put forward your questions.

While searching online quotation from different insurers for my renewal i came across something known as "DeTariff discount".
Does anyone know what is "Detariff discount on OD (Own Damage)" and on what basis this discount amount is calculated?

@ GrandRk Detarriff is not available in india as if now. its basically a standard minimum requiremnet policy in addition to that a customer can add other covers.

its like a comprehensive insurance covers own vehicle damage, driver hospitalisation, third party damage, third party hospitalization,

so lets say third party insurance is bare minimum in today's day upon that a customer can add what he wishes to be covered after that. so there would be decrease in premium you pay, but this option isn't available in India AFAIK for motor insurance. might be for small scale industries and large scale industries this exists. experts please shed some light on this.

Hello everyone, I need your advice /suggestions /help.

Actually I went to register my Jupiter today and found that I have to pay 2800 as extra tax because this is my second vehicle.

Before buying Jupiter I owned a hero honda splendor, I sold it and then bought jupiter but old bike is still on my name. The person who bought hasn't transferred the vehicle on his name.

They are saying that now I can't register the bike on someone else's name as TR number is generated on my name.

Also even if he (splendor owner) transfers the vehicle to his name now then also I have to pay 2800.

What should I do now?

Can anyone explain how much tax is levied on new vehicle and how it is calculated?

The ex showroom price here in Mahabubnagar is 58107 /_

9% life tax is 6557 /_

Insurance - 5792

On road price came to 72001.

Is that 2% extra equal to 2800???

help

Hello everyone, I need your advice /suggestions /help.
I am asking a Kerala RTO related Query which I feel is quite complicated .
I have laid hands, two months back on a Bajaj Priya scooter 1990 January model , initially purchased in North India. Before 2000, it was transferred to Kerala state by registration re assignment. As per documents with me , the scooter registration expired in 2006 in Kerala. However, in Kerala motor vehicles website, the registration validity expired in 2011 only. The scooter is not running for the past 18 months.
The scooters registered owner is my relative and is presently staying in KL-1 in Kerala, while the scooter is registered at KL-4 as the owner stayed there at that time. What is the approach that I have to follow, to get the scooter registration renewed and ultimately transfer to my name at KL-9.
On enquiry with agents, the best way out is
  • Complete all the works at KL-1 ( It is difficult for me to manage though) and make the scooter ready for fitness test.
  • Pay all tax dues and insurance and simultaneously apply for address change to KL-1 on behalf of the present owner at KL-1 .
  • Appear for fitness test at KL-1
  • Take the scooter to KL-9 and apply for ownership change.
Agents have not indicated the costs involved. Any suggestions about costs/methodology are requested.

Top Bottom