**Queries on ECU Remap**

In Simple language,

ECU Remap is like loading a cracked version of Windows Ultimate when you have only limited resources.

You have a stock car , so everything on the car is limited, even the Revs are limited that you cannot use your car's potential. In that case you can RE-map Ecu , or install a Standalone Engine management system.
Depending on the cars (Sports mostly) can get a standalone plug and play unit.

ECU can be remapped yourself (don't know about your car but for my car in needs Consult cable) , engine management systems have their own softwares to tweak .
Standalone engine managment systems (Haltech, Apexi Power Fc, Bee-R etc etc ) are expensive.. your looking for about 2000 dollars ( 1 lac rupees)

It really narrows it down to what you want and how much your willing to spend.
Mere remap is no fun.
need some additional modifications to cop up with maximum performance our motor can deliver.

2000 buck just for single component is definitely way too much for person like me who is not into racing or sports activity.
everything done under 2000 dollar sounds very attractive and will definitely go for it (air in/out revisions,remap,suspension) -hope that doesnt sounds kanjoos!!

Mere remap is no fun.
need some additional modifications to cop up with maximum performance our motor can deliver.

2000 buck just for single component is definitely way too much for person like me who is not into racing or sports activity.
everything done under 2000 dollar sounds very attractive and will definitely go for it (air in/out revisions,remap,suspension) -hope that doesnt sounds kanjoos!!
Honestly brother , you don't need all this

I have a hotted up car its a head turner , people notice it ,even today a mate messaged me , saw my car on facebook and goes.. I saw your car at the station!!

You don't have to spend a lot . Suspension , Intake ,exhaust .. no point if your car is a daily commuter , you will spend more but in the end you wouldn't get any benefit , more mods = less mileage.

ECU remap isn't easy I know but alot of research is needed .

Its not about being kanjoos either, those who love cars have big hearts [:)]

hi guys,

i would like to know that can we use the linea's ecu in punto ?
asked some local mechanics who said it can be done withe the help of some sort of coding the ecu ?

is it possible ?
[surprise]

Since both cars are tuned differently also if they have immobilizer then your car wont start after swapping the ECU's. Instead get the remap done on your exisiting ECM for better performance.

Since both cars are tuned differently also if they have immobilizer then your car wont start after swapping the ECU's. Instead get the remap done on your exisiting ECM for better performance.
thanks for the quick reply mate,

i met the guy who does the something like codding of the ecu ( i think he recodes)
he also makes the keys for the car having chips and immobiliser, could he help me in this case ?

i am actually interested to do diy of ecu remap, thing is that i cant take the risk for warranty and present ecu of my car,

please suggest me what to do ?

This thread and the one by vtlreja2 are regarding diesel ECU remaps. What about petrol? Before you gawk at the screen and ask me if I am nuts, I just want a slightly better pickup at lower gears from my 2015 Baleno Hatch. Even 5% better acceleration would be plenty (I miss the Swift even though this car has the same engine). Is there a way to do this?

Ameyam

bhvm

Honoured Member
This thread and the one by vtlreja2 are regarding diesel ECU remaps. What about petrol? Before you gawk at the screen and ask me if I am nuts, I just want a slightly better pickup at lower gears from my 2015 Baleno Hatch. Even 5% better acceleration would be plenty (I miss the Swift even though this car has the same engine). Is there a way to do this?

Ameyam
For just 5% betterment, Why not try some simpler stuff like High flow air filter and lighter alloy wheels? Also, Let the car run in for 25k Kms. It will really open up after that.

For just 5% betterment, Why not try some simpler stuff like High flow air filter and lighter alloy wheels? Also, Let the car run in for 25k Kms. It will really open up after that.
Simple, nothing is available. From the Swift's experience, just tge K&N filter will help but it isint available for the Baleno. The car already has alloys. I have done 5k km & its mostly a city car. Sometimes in traffic, you need a little burst of acceleration & there usually isint time to drop a gear, thats what i am looking for

Ameyam

bhvm

Honoured Member
Ameyam, Look for Dieseltronics Booster box.It has 4 modes- P2, p1, Eco & Stock. It costs 20k and Can be removed if not required. You maybe able to Preserve warranty.

Driving in P1 should do the trick.

Top Bottom