Q-Class or Sedan Class (Liva GD vs Vista VX)

Thread Starter #1
Hi friends,

Yesterday, I met one of my school met, he is using alto for last 5yrs. He said he is going to book Liva(Diesel) on coming week. I suggested Vista VX to him for his budget 6L. But, he preferred Liva b'coz of Toyota badge.

As I took TD on both cars, I can able to find the difference on the Both cars

I feel Vista is ahead in all features.

1.The Dashboard & Interiors are dull in Liva when compare to Vista
2.Tachometer & Temp. gauge is missing in Liva.
3.Bootspace in liva is large when compare to Vista.
4.Both have huge legroom on both Front & Rear.
5.Bluetooth is Missing in Liva.
6.Streeing mounted Audio Controls are missing in Liva.
7.Vista is Powered by M-jet Engine, Liva is powered by D-4D Engine.
8.Both have ABS
9.Both having Fantastic Suspention.

He said Liva using same D-4D engine from Innova with reduced weight & Power. I suggested him Vista VX is powerful & peppy to drive when compare to Liva.

Finally he got confused & Myself also[confused].

Guys tell me which is Best Performer & Comfort for long drive.

Last edited:
Re: Q-class or Sedan class(Liva GD vs Vista VX)

Well i don't know if you have read the horrible stories of Etios and Liva which has seen too much of cost cutting (haven't heard Munish's story?),like no rubber beading's on the doors where the rain water pour down right inside in the car.Vista is way ahead than Liva why go with friends words instead tell him to even buy Vista.In fact too many have went crazy for the etios siblings keeping T badge in the mind and now suffering.

Well i don't know if you have read the horrible stories of Etios and Liva which has seen too much of cost cutting (haven't heard Munish's story?),like no rubber beading's on the doors where the rain water pour down right inside in the car.Vista is way ahead than Liva why go with friends words instead tell him to even buy Vista.In fact too many have went crazy for the etios siblings keeping T badge in the mind and now suffering.
Hey buddy may be Munish had high expectation, where in we can see equally satisfied members LohitHarris & Freak dude.

Vista Vx is better than Liva
1.3 M-jet is proven for years now.
Vista has class leading space.
Lots of features.
Liva is newly launched hence reliability is unknown.
NVH is better in Vista.
Liva is costlier than Vista.

Dear AppU why are you wasting your time in this debate go and book toyota etios, quality class car, it has wonderful quality inside,in it you will get :

1. Single wiper just like the cheapest car of India- nano.

2. The ugliest interiors as one can think off.

3. You won't need to take your early mornings bath in rainy season, as the water seepage inside it would save you precious time reaching the corner office.[lol]

4. One of the worst and sluggish diesel motor that you can get currently.

5. Who says you go for tata- a pathetic indian company, go for toyota enjoy the service and at the end the bill of service would be 5 times more than tata----after all the bill also has to be Q class.[;)]

Hey buddy may be Munish had high expectation, where in we can see equally satisfied members LohitHarris & Freak dude.
Munish was the only person to bring in the disadvantages which is of major concern where others have not.
Appu is just being distracted by his friend to go for Liva which holds T badge.
So what if he regrets after buying the car.Anyway he has a good imagination on Tata(Indica Xeta),so he will be satisfied with another product.

Vista Vx is better than Liva
1.3 M-jet is proven for years now.
Vista has class leading space.
Lots of features.
Liva is newly launched hence reliability is unknown.
NVH is better in Vista.
Liva is costlier than Vista.

I would say if the comparo is between the EtiosD & VistaD, then better to go with Vista. However when it comes to Petrol Etios beats Vista.

D-4D engine used in Liva / Etios is from Corolla Altis. NOT Innova like your friend said. He has mistaken it ;)

i'd vouch for Vista VX anyday.

Even I had been swayed by the stories on the rain water getting into Etios cabin. But when I did some research, I could find that most of the stories were from a single source - in addition to people commenting on the quality on this car based on the perception created by these stories. If you cut through those stories, you could find reviews from other owners who are happy with the car. The interiors are definitely not upto mark. Also, petrol model of the etios definitely has an issue with the mileage which obviously creates a negative bias towards the car. But I believe the diesel model is a better value proposition as Toyota has improved aspects on noise reduction and mileage as well. Based on some other comments, they are also working towards a better looking dash. It looks as if they have taken the feedback and working towards improving the car. So far, with my one month of experience, I am happy with the car. Vista might be a better VFM proposition, but I don't find any real basis for so much of negative perception on Etios.

Even I had been swayed by the stories on the rain water getting into Etios cabin. But when I did some research, I could find that most of the stories were from a single source - in addition to people commenting on the quality on this car based on the perception created by these stories. If you cut through those stories, you could find reviews from other owners who are happy with the car. The interiors are definitely not upto mark. Also, petrol model of the etios definitely has an issue with the mileage which obviously creates a negative bias towards the car. But I believe the diesel model is a better value proposition as Toyota has improved aspects on noise reduction and mileage as well. Based on some other comments, they are also working towards a better looking dash. It looks as if they have taken the feedback and working towards improving the car. So far, with my one month of experience, I am happy with the car. Vista might be a better VFM proposition, but I don't find any real basis for so much of negative perception on Etios.
But what is the point with giving much lesser features and skinny interiors with the vehicles that comes to give people a quality life? Why should they now improve the niggling aspects when they had proved their reliablity(read Qualis,Innova) earlier?
Not appreciated.And this is a known fact than perception.

And look at Tata Vista,We need more of satisfaction for the money we have spent and not just pouring only for Brand name

Thread Starter #12
Thank you Vishwas,XOVER, Surfer & friends for your breif details about Vista. I will never change option from Vista[evil].

As I already Mentioned "VISTA IS AHEAD THEN OTHERS "

I showed this webpage to my friend. After some hard discussions,my friend finally agreed to TD Vista.

On Tuesday(13th Dec) I took my friend to TATA motors at Vellore & asked TD for Vista. He took the TD Vista, I was in Co-driver seat,

He enjoyed the driving, he crusied 120km/hr, I not felt any vibration in the car. I asked him to go slow, after seeing the Speedo only he came to know that he was in 120km/hr. we went for some 40km from tata motors, While return to Tata motors I drove the car, I really felt happy to drive Vista.

After returned to Tata showroom he said, he is going to book Vista on Next week with his father.

My friend thanked me for suggesting a good car Vista. I felt proud at that time.

As others, even I would suggest the Vista. Ask him to go for the Vista Quadrajet. The car is very spacious, very peppy & has a decent ride.

On the other hand, the Liva is just too compromised & cost cutting is evident everywhere on the vehicle. The only area where it scores over the Vista is reliability.

But if i was in his place, I would adjust with some issues & live with a better car than buy a reliable but boring & under equipped car.

If he is concerned about brand image, then he will surely buy the Liva & nothing else.

If he is looking at the Liva diesel, then why not consider Punto Multijet & Ford Figo as well?

Do not bother!! vista VX is way better than the Liva diesel.

I did comprehensive comparisons for Diesel hatchbacks and found Vista VX as the most VFM car in the budget mentioned.

having gone about 2300 KM, I can assure that the Vista does very well in terms of Space, Comfort, Ride & Handling for Both City & Highways!

Am very satisfied with my Vista and would suggest to go for it anyday.

Murphy's fourteenth law states that "the possibility and probability of an event or activity happening or not happening in the future depends upon the length of time in the past that event or activity has been happening or not happening".

If Tata cars have a reputation of poor quality, niggles in the long run, horrible after sales, it would likely remain that way in the future too and if Toyota has a reputation of making solid, reliable cars, it would also remain like that in the future.

There is more to what is being tangibly offered for your money. Just go for the Liva GD.

Top Bottom