Purple Beauty - Fluidic VERNA 1.6L CRDI - Purple Fantasia - 1st in Color in TAI

Thread Starter #1
I would like to share my thoughts and experience in this thread starting from the day I thought of previous car.

Please ignore the areas where I am boring. EVERYTHING IS COMPLETELY MY OWN THOUGHTS/ ASSUMPTIONS & even it can be WRONG in many places

I started to own TATA Indica DLS starting Oct 2006 (though I was predominantly using couple of cars in my past owned by my father) and sometime in 2009 I have decided to sell this car close before 5 yrs of its age and move to Sedan.

Why Sedan? - to go to an upgraded segment, like to capacity it has and also I love driving it (as in USA, I owned NISSAN Altima for 1.5 yrs and love that car till now)

By that time, my mind was blank on searching for which one I need to own and thought I can think of it later when the time comes.

Year 2011 started and I started to think about next car.

I was pretty clear that I will be going for Diesel as I cannot afford petrol car for daily transport (my plan is to give rest for my bike - Unicorn my fav & use car on daily basis to avoid back pains, so Diesel is the option I thought off).

Initially, the car in my mind was IKON or FIESTA. Since my bro in law have IKON, I didnt want to have 1 more in our family. When we (me and bro in law) explored both IKON and FIESTA, FIESTA attracted me more, but he wanted IKON as its his long time liking.

I like the car to be sporty (may be because I love NFS games [;)] ) & thought FIESTA will support those customization. But, I dont want to make a call with just a single car in mind.

I was taking feedback from bro in law about Verna (1st edition & transform which was owned by his colleagues. Vento came into the market and promising.

So 3 cars are in my radar now by Mar'11.

Then the news on Verna RB (now Fluidic) and new version of Fiesta made me to wait to know what is in them.
Friends asked me to have SX4 Diesel also in my radar, but I didnt like the quality and looks of the car somehow (my take).

The all new fiesta was launched & it was attractive and I liked the features, design in it as well !!! But couldnt conclude without the price being revealed [:D]

Then comes the Fluidic Verna Launch in May with attractive price tag with more models to choose. I like the strategy, but it was 1L more for my budget on the model I was choosing, but still it was NOT dropped.

Next Fiesta price was revealed and man, its way out of my budget. They didnt price the car well with the features on each model.

This created the path for me to decide to take up FLUIDIC VERNA though its bit more from my budget

My take by Aug 2011 is FLUIDIC VERNA 1.6L CRDI Base version

More to be continued.....

Last edited:

350Z

Core Team
You either took sometime to decide for a new car or maybe just sold the Indica a little earlier. But the wait was worth it. No? :smile: Congratulations, New Verna Fluidic is a wonderful machine and looks extremely catchy in Purple (or rather should I say in almost all the colours). I have seen Purple Verna inside the showroom which simply left me speechless for a while. Do share the images soon.

Drive Safe,
350Z

congrates for the car!!
and warm welcome to TAI Fluidic club!!

I guess in front of ultima , it will feel underpowered. but from indica to verna. that's huge jump. and this car's not gonna disappoint you. it has got enough of power to feel superior compare to other indian market cars. No matter , laura/cruze/fortuner and other high range cars are still better. but you will definitely gonna enjoy this beauty with bhps and mileage.
Waiting eagerly to see verna in purple costume.

It's nice to have more and more fluidic owners joining TAI.

:offtopic:
NFS is my most favourite game too.I cant remember how many times i have completed MW and carbon.btw NFS Run gonna release within few days. trailer is pretty impressive.
Looks like you are gonna mod your car

Last edited:
Thread Starter #6
Continuing...
My wife wished to have dark color this time as I always chose light colors. Okay then I have Black and Purple. I like black vehicles & my Unicorn bike is black [:)]

Suddenly 1 Sunday (6th Aug), we (me, my wife and son) stepped into Express Hyundai, OMR, Chennai (why mentioning the showroom? - my story will say the experience with dealer as well). Since it is Sunday, there is no customer around and I like that way as focus on my questions will be there.

To be frank, the sales rep didnt bother much on my initial questions and was too casual in answering me. Slightly I started to get angry, but sensed that he is thinking that I am just passing the time in the form on inquiry. They right away asked whether it is possible to book today and after which he was polite and responding well. Here you go buddy.

In few minutes discussion I came to know that he knows less about Verna and he is cooking rest, but it didnt bother me much as I already have decent knowledge on Fluidic.

To my surprise & being lucky I could see Verna in Purple Fantasia, Petrol version inside the showroom. I was happy because I wanted to see the car in Purple so close to decide the final color for us.

Then comes my question of waiting period to the SP. He said that its 1.5 months for the model I chose and 3 months for higher models. I was okay for this period.

I asked for TD with a condition that the car should come to my home. The only test I was keen to do is the have the car parked in my house parking area and see if any issues . I was sure that it will bottom in the ramp slope but I wanted to see where it hits and know the possibility to make corrections.

Since no driver was available by that time, I asked to provide the car by next saturday or sunday. I also informed that I WILL NOT Book the car unless I do the TD. He was sad but have to say okay. I left the showroom with this discussion.

Next Saturday evening the car arrived (TD car was Petrol, but no issues for me) with different SP and driver. I opened the gate and asked them to get the car in. The driver and SP got shocked and said NO it will not go. I said " I know, but I wanted to see how far it will go inside". With their strategies, they couldnt make it even 20% on the ramp. Then it was my call (as I know my entrance ramp better than anyone as I was driving my past INDICA in the same ramp with no issues & know what is the best way). The car 1st wheel went through inside the house, but hit the ground below the driver seat. I just noted the place on the edge of the ramp and car & made quick calculation hoping it will give some idea.

Then we took the car for a ride. The route I chose has a big speed braker, rough road, fine road, etc & it was enough for me to test. No issues for me with the car.

Later I made some corrections in the ramp and need to rest with my car. No other option [frustration]

We decided to go with Purple as it uncommon on the road as well as we liked the color on VERNA. Then I called the SP to come to office on Aug 18th to collect the cheque for the sum of Rs. 75000/=.

I asked the SP to give the order number as I have my friend in Hyundai Manufacturing division as he wished to track the manufacturing of the car. He just gave me the request no in next 3 days and updated me that the order no will be generated only after Hyundai is taking the order.

Rest of my experience will follow ...

Note: For -ves I will not provide the person name, but for +ve I will.

Thread Starter #7
Continuing...

I sold my Indica by mid of Sep assuming that I will get my car as they committed. Also, I got a better deal for my past Indica.

Once after I sold the car I started to follow with SP for the order number and I got the same reply that Hyundai is yet to accept their request. As I was bugging too much, he gave the contact of Sales Manager (female & she is no more associated with Express Hyundai). She was giving some commitment that they will be able to get the order accepted in 2 or 3 days and nothing turned positive. The October month started and also my anger was increasing with them as she was just escaping with false commitment. [anger]

I was desperate for 3 reasons.

1. Finding difficult to take my family out without a car
2. My 5th Wedding Anniversary was approaching (end of Oct). This is one of the primary reason & I wanted to have the car in remembrance of the occasion.
3. Longing to have the beauty owned.

One fine day she sent a sms that she is out of Express Hyundai and messaged the GM, Express Hyundai (Mr.Srinivasan) contact number. I fixed my mind that I am not going to get the car sooner & even my family [cry]

I called the GM and he was polite to hear my past experience and felt sorry for that. With patience he explained how Hyundai is accepting order from every dealer and said that there is a possibility for me to get in mid or last week of Nov. I felt that he was true and dropped the call.

Next I didnt call anyone until Nov 7th as GM told that the order will be taken every month close to 10th of the calendar. As I happen to cross the showroom naturally, I thought of checking with the SP. I moved in and asked with him. He said that yet to know the order placement and asked me to wait.

He returned back and called me inside and met Mr.Srinivasan. He was having all data of mine and said I am 1st in priority and Hyundai is yet to take the order which should be in the week.

I got a call from SP on 9th Nov that the car is in transit [surprise]. Now its turn for Express Hyundai to bug me for settlement. I gave cheques & cleared the loan on Friday and they informed the car will be received on Friday evening, but it arrived on Saturday (12th Nov). Today 13th Nov I have done the PDI and will be sharing the same sooner.

Overall my experience was good initially, then messed up in the middle & going smooth by now. I will give a rough rating once I take home my beauty.

I would like to say that both GM and Asst Sales Manager (Kasi Viswanathan) handles the customer very decently and being transparent to them (my own experience). Hurdle was there only with old Sales Manger who is no more with Express Hyundai.

To be continued....

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #11
PDI report

I forgot to check the tilt steering...

Couple of points which I didnt notice from the reviews / Pics are

1. Floor Matt hooks
2. Center Roof Lighting.

Forgot to take the snap of these 2 [frustration]. Never mind, I will capture them once I take home the beauty.

I am sure many will not like the pictures for its quality but pls bare it as the camera couldnt focus because of low battery & I forgot to reset the changed settings. Let me know if I need to remove them. [:)]

Here you go!!!

Attachments

Thread Starter #12
You can see how I checked the bottom and disc at backside of the wheel.

According to me the yard is good and clean atleast around my car.

The car is just dropped from the truck and parked. It is yet to be cleaned and waxed by the dealer.

As of now I am not going for any accessories but just the TUK TUK reverse horn.

They are not providing 3M underbody anti rust, so denied to go with them. I heard it will cost 3200 in Chennai, any comments?

You either took sometime to decide for a new car or maybe just sold the Indica a little earlier. But the wait was worth it. No? Congratulations, New Verna Fluidic is a wonderful machine and looks extremely catchy in Purple (or rather should I say in almost all the colours). I have seen Purple Verna inside the showroom which simply left me speechless for a while. Do share the images soon.

Drive Safe,
350Z
You are true. Fluidic is stunning in all colors. I cannot stop by head turning when Fluidic passes by (even though if I am inside my own machine )

Today my friday cheques havent cleared and dealer will delay the RTO formalities by a day hoping the fund will be cleared by Tuesday. In that case, delivery is pushed to Thursday

Enough waiting, I want my car [cry]

congrates for the car!!
and warm welcome to TAI Fluidic club!!

I guess in front of ultima , it will feel underpowered. but from indica to verna. that's huge jump. and this car's not gonna disappoint you. it has got enough of power to feel superior compare to other indian market cars. No matter , laura/cruze/fortuner and other high range cars are still better. but you will definitely gonna enjoy this beauty with bhps and mileage.
Waiting eagerly to see verna in purple costume.

It's nice to have more and more fluidic owners joining TAI.

NFS is my most favourite game too.I cant remember how many times i have completed MW and carbon.btw NFS Run gonna release within few days. trailer is pretty impressive.
Looks like you are gonna mod your car
Thank you!!!

I take this way... Its Altima in Indian road.

I love NFS-NW and was driving HP-2 for a while. I like cops chasing me (Only in virtual world). Ya heard that NFS Run is on the way

My budget is becoming hurdles for all my thoughts on this car [frustration]

Last edited by a moderator:

350Z

Core Team
I am sure many will not like the pictures for its quality but pls bare it as the camera couldnt focus because of low battery & I forgot to reset the changed settings. Let me know if I need to remove them.
You need not to remove them because car is looking fabulous. Take it to a scenic location sometime and click some snaps. I bet, people won't be able to take their eyes away. And I couldn't be happier that TAI's PDI checklist proved to be helpful during PDI. Thanks!

They are not providing 3M underbody anti rust, so denied to go with them. I heard it will cost 3200 in Chennai, any comments?
Check this out: http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/maintaining-my-ride/3224-under-body-coating-queries.html

Drive Safe,
350Z

the services the dealer quotes for is always expensive like for me the dealer quoted 1200 for engine coating 2500 for paint protection and 3500 for under coating.
when i went for my 1st service check up i asked the sales advisor the costs as i was planning to do these things. ( i was not happy with the undercoating which my accessory guy did he got some drunkards to do that ) well so here is the costs given by the service advisor
engine coating rs 650
paint protection 2100
underbody coating 2500

Thread Starter #15
the services the dealer quotes for is always expensive like for me the dealer quoted 1200 for engine coating 2500 for paint protection and 3500 for under coating.
when i went for my 1st service check up i asked the sales advisor the costs as i was planning to do these things. ( i was not happy with the undercoating which my accessory guy did he got some drunkards to do that ) well so here is the costs given by the service advisor
engine coating rs 650
paint protection 2100
underbody coating 2500
can u mention the brand they use? Even my dealer does underbody coding for 1750. I never heard that brand and dont remember it now as well.

Top Bottom