Purchasing Used Ford Fiesta 1.6 SXi

Thread Starter #1
Hi All
I am hoping that the esteemed members here can help me out with a query. I am trying to get my hands on a used vehicle and have zeroed done to the Fiesta 1.6 sxi as my running will be quite less (don't expect to exceed 1000km/month) and I have always been smitten by the amazing looks of this car.

I have checked out a few of the cars on the market with my friends in tow since I have been more of a bike guy to date. I am currently looking at a Ford Fiesta 1.6 titanium 2012 model 55k run in from a dealer in Bangalore.

The car was serviced at Ford till 2016 with 43k on odo. It has one insurance claim of 14k in 2014 with a desc of own damages while parking...the only details I have been able to wean out is that rear windshield was damaged and replaced.

It seems to be a company owned car(some private company in Bangalore). The dealer has quoted 3.85L negotiable. I am not really sure how much the car is worth at this point since it's my first purchase.

I plan to get the car inspected at a Ford service centre before taking a call but would like to know how much the market value of this model would be.

Thanks for all the help in advance.

Thread Starter #3
You can negotiate the amount ,for 2012 petrol model anything under 3L is best bet .
Thank you sir for your quick response. Since it's my first car purchase not sure how well I would be able to negotiate...he has quoted 3.85L to bring it down to 3L would be a tall order for me. But let me try ..might get lucky.

Thread Starter #5
Hows the condition of tyres , suspension ,steering hose and steering assy (Rack and column )
Sorry, I have not taken a test ride of the car yet. I am planning to go this weekend with a friend (a much more experienced driver) to check the drive condition.
Also, I guess that a inspection at Ford service centre would atleast give me an idea of most major issues before hand.

Nairrk

Honoured Member
7 Years old car, I rate it Rs.3L subject the condition of the car (no need to pay more for a car which production has been stopped in India)

Also make sure:
-Get the car inspected fully by a mechanic you trust (if you dont get one from Ford)
-Check the insurance - when is it due?
-Check if the engine number and chassis no. match the number in the registration papers.
-Check the brakes of the car. Drive the car at 40-50 kmph in an area that has little to no traffic. Be sure to look for any vibration, or any strange and squealing noise from the brakes pedal. Brakes that pulsate could also mean that the rotors need replacement. .
-Examine the tyres carefully. Check the condition of all the tyres of your car. They should be worn evenly and should match.
-Check under the hood for signs of damage, dents or rust – they are signs of a poorly maintained car or a prior damaged one.

All the best!

I know of a friend who owns a Fiesta 1.6S in Bangalore and planning to sell. It is in white colour, Bangalore registration. Ran 55k kms. 2009 model, brand new Continental MC5 tyres. If interested, it would be a good choice and can be a prized possession. The car is in very good shape.

I know of a friend who owns a Fiesta 1.6S in Bangalore and planning to sell. It is in white colour, Bangalore registration. Ran 55k kms. 2009 model, brand new Continental MC5 tyres. If interested, it would be a good choice and can be a prized possession. The car is in very good shape.
Hi F4frewin, Would you please let me know the details of white Ford Fiests 1.6 S of your friend in case if you are not looking for it. Thanks

Top Bottom