Purchasing New Hyundai Verna Petrol. Need Help

Thread Starter #1
Dear friends,
I have read all review and thread about hyundai verna petrol 1.4 vtvt experience and right now i am in state to decide to go for new next gen verna petrol 1.4ex and 1.6 sx. On paper verna looks far ahead from compitition in comparison of price to feature and power.
I read all other site reviews but all are verna crdi diesel mostly and recommond verna diesel is better than petrol.
As my running not much to look for diesel hardly 700-800km/month. Also diesel verna is almost 1.5 to 2 lack costly than petrol one. So as budget is tight i have considered 1.4 ex model or 1.6 sx model as there is hardly 70k difference between these model, my mind is saying go for 1.6 petrol.
But after looking all reviews of FE which is mostly 10kmpl in city and 14kmpl in highway looks very less to me.
My plan to counter this is to go for cng fitting by showroom only as kundan hyundai SA is giving cng fitting in warranty for 55k (initially quote 65k) and saying there is no problem of company warranty it will not laps.
Where as some dealer Sanjay saying it was not good to fit cng.
So considering this please suggest me whether to go fir this or not.
And will i prefere 1.4 or 1.6 as i am getting almost 35k discount on both by hyundai current offer

Dear friends,
I have read all review and thread about hyundai verna petrol 1.4 vtvt experience and right now i am in state to decide to go for new next gen verna petrol 1.4ex and 1.6 sx. On paper verna looks far ahead from compitition in comparison of price to feature and power.
I read all other site reviews but all are verna crdi diesel mostly and recommond verna diesel is better than petrol.
As my running not much to look for diesel hardly 700-800km/month. Also diesel verna is almost 1.5 to 2 lack costly than petrol one. So as budget is tight i have considered 1.4 ex model or 1.6 sx model as there is hardly 70k difference between these model, my mind is saying go for 1.6 petrol.
But after looking all reviews of FE which is mostly 10kmpl in city and 14kmpl in highway looks very less to me.
My plan to counter this is to go for cng fitting by showroom only as kundan hyundai SA is giving cng fitting in warranty for 55k (initially quote 65k) and saying there is no problem of company warranty it will not laps.
Where as some dealer Sanjay saying it was not good to fit cng.
So considering this please suggest me whether to go fir this or not.
And will i prefere 1.4 or 1.6 as i am getting almost 35k discount on both by hyundai current offer
The New Hyundai Verna is a very beautiful and worthy car.
Go for the 1.6 Petrol version, you will enjoy driving it everytime.
My neighbour has a 1.6 petrol Verna fitted with after market CNG kit since 2013,there is no problem in it at all, still running fine.

Please don't mind me asking this-Why do you want to ruin a perfectly nice car by adding CNG? you are compromising on engine performance,boot space and reducing safety. The car body is not designed to handle a flammable cargo other than the petrol tank itself. Any aftermarket fitment is not as safe as a factory designed and fitted system. Is it worth the hassle?

AFAIK, there is no drastic fuel economy difference between a 1.4 and 1.6 Hyundai Petrol engine and also Verna Petrol is not really knows for being fuel efficient. For that its better to look at the Facelifted Ciaz with the new 1.5 Petrol engine I guess.
And another disappointing aspect of a otherwise brilliant package (The Verna) is the lack of rear seat space.
As always with Car buying, there will be certain amount of Compromises to make but I guess the Pros would outshine cons. I would suggest to get the 1.6 Petrol and compromise a little bit on fuel economy

Top Bottom