Purchasing Maruti Omni: Dealer Offering Discounts. Need Inputs.

That's your perspective. I personally consider it as your inability to convince him properly.

Sit for a discussion with him ASAP. Try to explain him things you learnt from here. Chances are you may win his confidence and help him from repenting later.
Omni is no more a car to own, drive or being driven in. Period.
Totally agree.There are so many other safer alternatives in the new and used car categories.

Re: Purchasing Maruti Omni: Dealer offering discounts, need inputs.

The purpose of buying onmi is for learning to drive. We already have k10, it is for my bro who has vision problem but rectified with laser treatment long back. What my dad feels is that if he can learn from omni it would easy for him to be confident. He has driven k10 with our assistance. I would like to get suggestions whether driving omni is more easier when compared to cars with bonnet(even eeco)?
Atlast one another dealer is saying 351000(5 seater)-40000=311000. Should i go for 5 seater or 8 seater?
Bro I have a Omni it is a 8 seater. I have been using this vechile from last 10 years. I have never faced any problems till 9th year but now it is too difficult to drive it because of no power steering. If you Dad wants to learn driving then you should go for a Alto 800 or Redi go 1.0 they will be good option or if there is a big family then go for Eeco it is also good with an option of AC By company only.
Regards
Fan Of Scorpio

I may be putting my foot in my mouth, but I am posting this after I've already bought the car!
We bought an Eeco in Lucknow last week. We already have an Eeco in Mumbai & this helped in making our choice easier.

Now before folks ask me the obvious (Why Eeco?) I should explain that I have my reasons. I had 3 basic criteria which needed to be met.
Firstly it had to meet my budget. I have retired a couple of years ago, so the budget is important. We were expecting a windfall, which has unfortunately been delayed (the original choice was Mahindra's TUV300+, with the M-hawk 2.2 L) & so the change in the choice of car. And since we did not plan to go for a loan or financing, the price was of some importance.

Secondly, it had to have enough space inside for our pair of boxers (you may have met them in the pets thread). We had just sold our Scorpio after a love-affair lasting 14.5 years. So this aspect - of sufficient interior space - was much on our mind. And I'm glad to say that our expectation was not misplaced - there is enough space for Pearl in the back and Kluso, as was his habit in the Scorpio, finds the rear bench seat very comfortable. Leaving the front two seats for my wife & me.

And last, but by no means the least, it had to be RWD. Yes, I am firmly in the RWD corner for reasons of durability & robustness - and not for any fancy handling or road-holding abilities. And I'm sure that most folks here will agree that no FWD-er (within my budget of 5L +/- ~) can hold a candle in the durability / robustness stakes.

I may be putting my foot in my mouth, but I am posting this after I've already bought the car!
We bought an Eeco in Lucknow last week. We already have an Eeco in Mumbai & this helped in making our choice easier.

Now before folks ask me the obvious (Why Eeco?) I should explain that I have my reasons. I had 3 basic criteria which needed to be met.
Firstly it had to meet my budget. I have retired a couple of years ago, so the budget is important. We were expecting a windfall, which has unfortunately been delayed (the original choice was Mahindra's TUV300+, with the M-hawk 2.2 L) & so the change in the choice of car. And since we did not plan to go for a loan or financing, the price was of some importance.

Secondly, it had to have enough space inside for our pair of boxers (you may have met them in the pets thread). We had just sold our Scorpio after a love-affair lasting 14.5 years. So this aspect - of sufficient interior space - was much on our mind. And I'm glad to say that our expectation was not misplaced - there is enough space for Pearl in the back and Kluso, as was his habit in the Scorpio, finds the rear bench seat very comfortable. Leaving the front two seats for my wife & me.

And last, but by no means the least, it had to be RWD. Yes, I am firmly in the RWD corner for reasons of durability & robustness - and not for any fancy handling or road-holding abilities. And I'm sure that most folks here will agree that no FWD-er (within my budget of 5L +/- ~) can hold a candle in the durability / robustness stakes.
Congrats Shashank ji on your Eeco, I'm sure pearl and kluso will be happy in their respective corners (seat's), though space wise compared to the Scorp it would be a compromise for them.
Enjoy your trips to Naukutchital.
Do let us have pictures and prices.
Regards
Vinod

Hello Vinodji !
Its great hearing from you again and yes, we (specially Kluso & Pearl !) are learning to live with the Eeco. So far it has been a pleasant experience and we are enjoying the benefits of a small foot-print, narrower track and more nimble handling. Its easy to park in places where our earlier Bucephalus couldn't dream of going ! And I think both Pearl & Kluso have accepted the Eeco with its mildly curtailed space & are learning to live with it too.
Yes, I'll be posting some new photos with the two in the Eeco and hopefully our sojourns to Naukuchiatal will continue.
And how about you, how has life been these last few months? And how is Tipsy doing, that great Pom of yours? He must have grown up by now, so do send some current photos too.
Cheers,
Shashanka

Top Bottom