Purchasing Maruti Omni: Dealer Offering Discounts. Need Inputs.

Thread Starter #1
I am planning to buy a omni,one dealer is saying that they will offer 10% discount from showroom price. The price is 322000(showroom chennai)=351000(5 seater)-32000(discount)=319000. Will they offer consumer discount of 20000 apart from this? Should i take this offer? I only get blue, we prefer white. Your suggestions are welcome. 2018 model i have to wait for feb 1st week. The offer also changes for 2018 model

Re: Purchasing Maruti Omni: Dealer offering discounts, need inputs.

Agree with SliverEyez You should go with EECO. Which is much better then OMNI. Yes, there is little slide price different but Quality matter.
And if you finally decided to go with OMNI then you should more bargain for it. because According to you it is still costly.

Akash1886

Honoured Member

I am planning to buy a omni,one dealer is saying that they will offer 10% discount from showroom price. The price is 322000(showroom chennai)=351000(5 seater)-32000(discount)=319000. Will they offer consumer discount of 20000 apart from this? Should i take this offer? I only get blue, we prefer white. Your suggestions are welcome. 2018 model i have to wait for feb 1st week. The offer also changes for 2018 model
Firstly what's your requirement and purpose for buying the Omni? Is it Cargo? Medical Purpose? Fleet Business? or Personal Use? Honestly, for all the mentioned uses, Eeco is much better than Omni any day. Though Eeco failed crash tests but since you are going for the Omni, better would be to choose an Eeco over that. Space, Design and Comfort in every way it is better than Omni.

Regards

Akash

Thread Starter #5

The purpose of buying onmi is for learning to drive. We already have k10, it is for my bro who has vision problem but rectified with laser treatment long back. What my dad feels is that if he can learn from omni it would easy for him to be confident. He has driven k10 with our assistance. I would like to get suggestions whether driving omni is more easier when compared to cars with bonnet(even eeco)?
Atlast one another dealer is saying 351000(5 seater)-40000=311000. Should i go for 5 seater or 8 seater?

Driving an Omni will be slightly different from regular hatchbacks like Alto/K10, etc.
The weird steering position and movement of shocker and suspension will give you totally different experience in Omni and K10.

What's wrong in using the same K10 for the purpose given?

kkn13

Suspended

Omni for personal use in 2018 is disasterous
If you want to learn, go for a used Honda City or some other good Japanese/Korean car
Youll get a bigger,safer car which you can learn to drive on , make mistakes etc with minimal maintenance and sell it off for a good price within a 1-2 years and make the jump to a better vehicle or jump to another VFM used car

The purpose of buying onmi is for learning to drive. We already have k10, it is for my bro who has vision problem but rectified with laser treatment long back. What my dad feels is that if he can learn from omni it would easy for him to be confident. He has driven k10 with our assistance. I would like to get suggestions whether driving omni is more easier when compared to cars with bonnet(even eeco)?
Atlast one another dealer is saying 351000(5 seater)-40000=311000. Should i go for 5 seater or 8 seater?
Anyways he will have to drive a car with bonnet after he learns on Omni,so why not he learn driving it now itself.
Whats his Vision in both eyes after LASIK?
I agree to the suggestion by KKN13, you can buy a better brand and a safer Car for less.
good to see you have got a slightly better deal on Omni [thumbsup]

Akash1886

Honoured Member

If that's the case then perhaps you should go for a hatchback with safety features and if possible then a used AT hatchback like i20 (old-gen) would be best to avoid hassle of gear shifts. Also, is he comfortable driving at night?

Regards

Akash

If the person learning to drive, is starting with a handicap, and instead of omni, I would suggest a pre-owned Nano XTA, let him do multiple TD's, (from showrooms) to see what he is comfortable with.

All the best.

Thread Starter #11
We finalized on omni 5 seater with 45000 discount. Thanks for all your comments,but dad is stubborn on omni. Whether to go for sbi loan or hdfc loan? In the showroom, aritifical leather cover cost 4000, sony or pioneer HU 5500 and speakers 2200. They are informing bumpers are banned, if needed they will make arrangements outside for 5000. Reverse parking sensor costs 4000. Should i opt for those accessories? Still negotiable. @silvereyez don't know the exact power but rectified to the maximum extent.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #13
But in showroom they are saying wiring will be plug type not like tape wiring. Pricing is Almost the same only, I am going for Pioneer hu with JBL speaker if available or pioneer speaker itself.

... , but dad is stubborn on omni.
That's your perspective. I personally consider it as your inability to convince him properly.

Sit for a discussion with him ASAP. Try to explain him things you learnt from here. Chances are you may win his confidence and help him from repenting later.
Omni is no more a car to own, drive or being driven in. Period.

But in showroom they are saying wiring will be plug type not like tape wiring. Pricing is Almost the same only, I am going for Pioneer hu with JBL speaker if available or pioneer speaker itself.
Showroom guys always discourage and scare customers with the warranty void trick.
After market is also doing the same plug n play type installing nowadays,but if the price is same then go ahead with the showroom guys.

Top Bottom