Purchasing a Comfortable Diesel Hatchback

does Liva has the feel good factor you get in other cars worth that money? thats what i mentioned that someone looking to compromise in the name of brand value will like that car.

Yes you may be right but if we checked the other diesel cars like -

1) Swift - Most favorite hatch but long waiting period.
2) Polo and Fabia - Overpriced
3) Punto - Great hatch but Killed by TASC
4) Ritz - Failed in look
5) Vista - VFM but hard to believe on Tata quality
6) Figo - Missing basic feature - rear power windows
7) Micra - Overpriced and missing ABS in top version
8) Liva - Worst interior among all hatchback
9) Beat - 1.0l engine
10) I20 - Overpriced (6.90 lakh Magna CRDI without ABS). Steering rattling issue.

So at the end of day where should i go?. Its totally depends on your requirements. Take example let say if 'X' person is not concerned about interior then why not Liva? if 'Y' person has not constraint about budget then why not I20, polo and Fabia. If 'Z' person is happy with TASC then why not Vista and Punto?. If someone is ready for long waiting then why not Swift? and list is too long. End of day you should be proud on your purchase [:)]

Thread Starter #19
Hi Guys

Sorry for late reply,. i am out of station for couple of a day's.

My Friend's said Rits is good for a city driving,. I am having a doubt Rits will fulfill my requirements ??

I am so confused Guy's,.

Another one is Chevy Beat sales person call me & said 5.33L onroad,. You can deposit only 25k for book + 55k for tax + 20k for insure and balance he make a finance for 60 months, Is it worth and EMI should comes to 10+K ?????

Waiting Guys.

Last edited by a moderator:
You can go for beat also as it is currently the cheapest diesel around. Also check with the delaership if they can offer you 3 year zero maintenance cost plan.
EMI for 5 years on 4.33 lac @ 13.5% will be around 9,964 PM.Same for Indca Vista can go upto 12,265 for a 5.33 lac loan. To be frank does not seem prudent to pay that much for Indica [lol].

I would better suggest a 2nd hand car in the range of 3-4 lac. Even if you are paying 25k for yearly maintenance, would be cheaper than taking loan of 5 lac.

A 2007 decent condition swift LDI would cost you 3 lac, you can even sell it after 2 years for 2 lacs [clap]

Given below is ownership calculations for your reference. DP in each case has been 1 lac and cost of funds for new car @ 13.5% and for old swift @ 14.5% for 5 and 3 years respectively.

Note: I have not included cost of capital and inflation to avoid complexity.
Regards,
Maddy

Last edited:
Beat,if you are concerned about mileage,Value for money and mediocre performance.
Ritz if you need a good five seater,fuel efficient and great A.S.S

You can go for beat also as it is currently the cheapest diesel around. Also check with the delaership if they can offer you 3 year zero maintenance cost plan.
EMI for 5 years on 4.33 lac @ 13.5% will be around 9,964 PM.Same for Indca Vista can go upto 12,265 for a 5.33 lac loan. To be frank does not seem prudent to pay that much for Indica [lol].

I would better suggest a 2nd hand car in the range of 3-4 lac. Even if you are paying 25k for yearly maintenance, would be cheaper than taking loan of 5 lac.

A 2007 decent condition swift LDI would cost you 3 lac, you can even sell it after 2 years for 2 lacs [clap]

Given below is ownership calculations for your reference. DP in each case has been 1 lac and cost of funds for new car @ 13.5% and for old swift @ 14.5% for 5 and 3 years respectively.

Regards,
Maddy
Thats an excellent effort buddy. I would also recommend to look into used car market. After the launch of new Swift, the prices of used Swift have dropped a bit, so you can try your luck, maybe you can find a good one with lesser kms on odo.

@ Prakash, how is the network of all these companies near your vicinity ? I mean people would suggest something or the other but are they easily available at Tirupur region ? You need to ensure A.S.S also for the vehicle you are going to purchase.

Please forgive me if you had already answered this before.

Top Bottom