Purchase Used Engine For Maruti 800 or Get Existing One Overhauled?

Thread Starter #16
I think u are worrying too much abt it.. overhaul is required but only if no other solution works.. talk to other mechanics also.The problem may just be a small one n may nt require much bucks.. low fe can be related to pistons,engine oil or even your hand brake not fully free.
you may be right even i was thinking this way but after going for 3 to 4 mechanics i got confused basically as i have tolled you before i am not getting average above 8 to 9 km which even mechanics agree that a dead maruti 800 give average of 16 + , this is the main prob i am trying to correct , trust me i have checked brakes even got it repaired but still no profit also the vibration from engine are quite much , this loss of millage is the main prob [frustration]

also can any body suggest me that applying of zen's carb in maruti 800 increase performance in some way, and is it beneficial to do that

Last edited by a moderator:
Used engine ?? its a big no in case of 800 since all engine spares are available - mgp
all parts are cheaper relative to other cars in market

plus a used engine change in a car has to be endorsed in rc.

New engine block is available at mgp too . price is 11700/-

Engine overhaul is better any day than a used engine. You may not know how the engine has been used before. And may be you'll have to spend more money on the used engine than on your engine overhaul. And like Ilango said, you can buy a genuine new engine block from Maruti. Trust me, its worth the money spent.[:)]

I would suggest you that if nothing works then let it be as it is bcos u have to pay extra money either for higher requirement of petrol due to low fe or for overhauling.Either way money is to be spent.

new engine block from maruthi for 12000/-. its a plug & play. installation will take less than a day. old car with a new heart.

you can go to a used car engine if your ready to risk a couple of thousands. its a trail & error basis. if your lucky you may get a engine in condition.

Top Bottom