Purchase Used Engine For Maruti 800 or Get Existing One Overhauled?

Thread Starter #1
hi all need advise i am forced to replace engine of maruti 800 with either any second hand 800 engine or any other engine which you guys can suggest me for opt performance also wanted to know about zen carb use in maruti 800 and its benefits, if any other replacement from zen can be made kindly advise

Thread Starter #3
Re: help required for maruti 800

Hi buddy, a simple question here, 'WHY?'
just because my mechanic is saying that my engine has weakened and its taking in petrol and thus it is not giving average also they are saying that its giving back pressure, however my main concern is its giving average of 8 to 9 km/pl.[cry]

If engine gets so called 'weak' n that back flow thing is happening than you should not worry as it is a small prob.if nothing works then engine overhaul is the best solution. Remember there is nothing like a 'weak' engine. I would suggest u to talk to another mechanic.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #6

i understand sir but problem is that i am getting average of 8 to 9 km / l and that's what hurting me most, as i am living in dehradun so cant test the power or speed point of my car however i am been told that power has also considerable reduced . overhaul is a solution but overhauling comes for 10 k however i can get a used engine from so called kabadies for about 3000 rs that why i was thinking about it plus i came to know that zen engine can be fitted there also if maruti engine is equipped with with zen corroborator then also performance increases also need you guys advise on this

If you plan to keep the vehicle for next 3+ years and if it is your primary run, I would suggest investing 10k in overhaul is worthy.
Don't take the risk of getting used engines for 3k, it involves the risk of endorsement, also the reliability is questionable.

The 3k engine would definitely require an overhaul n I bet that its overhauling cost would be higher than that of currect engine.

This is so because the person who would think of dumping the old engine in kabad would not get it overhauled.

I agree with viper's opinion.Its better to overhaul your existing engine than going for those used engine.And how can get you those engines this much cheaper?It should have got some serious problems.[thinking]
And to endorse this engine in the RC,you've to spent some more money to it.
Will it worth the money(and time what you have to spent on them)?

350Z

Core Team
Amit, Do you prefer spending Rs.10,000 for once and then live peacefully for rest of the kilometres in future or would you prefer buying a used engine, then frequently visit workshops and ultimately get it overhauled too by spending lots more bucks? Pick one and you have the answer.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #13
Amit, Do you prefer spending Rs.10,000 for once and then live peacefully for rest of the kilometres in future or would you prefer buying a used engine, then frequently visit workshops and ultimately get it overhauled too by spending lots more bucks? Pick one and you have the answer.

Drive Safe,
350Z
first of all let me tell you about that engine mostly these cars are like person got another is not or seldom driving maruti 800, car is good but they prefer to drive the new car on old maruti thus to save space they sell these cars to kabadi as they mostly have no or quite less resale value, here only you can find lot of good parts which are as you can see not much used are for quite cheap also they are giving warranty of 6 months in which if problem comes replacement will be done with another engine also the make year of new engine will be near 1995 and above this is the case

Thread Starter #14

dude get your engine overhauled. theres no guarantee that old engine which you purchase is in fit condition!! you will only end up wasting money!!

why this pic here?? [confused]
sir i found this pic on net this is a maruti 800 can u guess that and that to an old model it looking gooooooood

I think you are worrying too much about it. Overhaul is required but only if no other solution works. Talk to other mechanics also. The problem may just be a small and may not require much bucks, low fe can be related to pistons, engine oil or even your hand brake not fully free.

Top Bottom