Pune To Kerala Road Trip [9 - 10 Days]

Thread Starter #31
Satyajeet, hopefully you have left Kochi.

If yes, you are one lucky guy.

Gaja is hitting the city really hard.

Last time you planned to come here, the floods happened. You were lucky to escape that. This time also heavy rains here. Hopefully you get lucky again.
Yes this time as well i was lucky [:)]

We checked in to Kochi on Thursday and Friday's plan was sightseeing. Thursday night only it started raining heavily and by the time we were up on Friday morning it was rain everywhere. Friday morning rain subsidized a bit and we went for Fort Kochi it started raining again. We came back to the hotel and got call from Parents informing about the Gaja and we decided to leave kochi on the same night. We started from kochi at around 07:30 PM after a good afternoon nap for around 4-5hours.
Due to rains we were stuck in kochi city traffic for around an hour and then it was all smooth.

Kochi to Pune was around 1300 Km which i did in 25 hours with 2-3 hours of break. It was extremely good when we hit NH48.
I would have covered it in less time but kiddo as carving for Pav Bhaji which was like looking for water in desert but that's the story for travelogue

Thanks,
Satyajeet

Oh that is sad. If you were following Google Maps it may guide you to shortest route which is often bad in shape. Similar thing happened to me recently.
I was indeed following google maps but the road near the sign board was under construction and had this diversion signboard [Mysore Road -> ]which seemed to be genuine for the first timer which forced me to follow it [frustration].

Most probably you got routed through Dabaspet - Gudumarenahalli - Magadi - Huliyuradurga - Maddur (Mysore Highway)... Some of these sections are bad to worse. And it will take 2-3 hrs to cross this section!
Yes looks like the same road as few names looked to be familiar [surprise].

Yes this time as well i was lucky [:)]

We checked in to Kochi on Thursday and Friday's plan was sightseeing. Thursday night only it started raining heavily and by the time we were up on Friday morning it was rain everywhere. Friday morning rain subsidized a bit and we went for Fort Kochi it started raining again. We came back to the hotel and got call from Parents informing about the Gaja and we decided to leave kochi on the same night. We started from kochi at around 07:30 PM after a good afternoon nap for around 4-5hours.
Due to rains we were stuck in kochi city traffic for around an hour and then it was all smooth.

Great that you could get away from the rains.

But a bit sad that you could not see around Kochi.

Amazing journey Satyaeet[clap]
Will be good for all TAI-gers if you can pen down a nice detailed write up of all the days in a single travelogue.

@satya007 Can you share detailed plan of Pune to Kerala?

As we are also having same plan with friends.

it would be great if you share details about sightseeing and all that for each point?

As tomorrow, we are leaving Pune

@satya007 Can you share detailed plan of Pune to Kerala?

As we are also having same plan with friends.

it would be great if you share details about sightseeing and all that for each point?

As tomorrow, we are leaving Pune
Hi There,
Are the routes driveable now after all this flood situation, we were also to drive from Mumbai to Wayanad. We are thinking of postponing as we don't find any route to move out from Maharashtra. Kolhapur, sangli solapur are all flooded. Please share any inputs if you may have.

Top Bottom