Pune - Rajasthan - Agra - Madhya Pradesh

Thanks GrandRK for the details info. And i am going to keep on hounding you with the questions [;)]

What would be the approximate fare of these hotels if we just planning for overnight stay ?
Also did you book all the hotels online or was it just walk over and get it done kinda ?

Thread Starter #17
The fare mostly was between 1500 to 2500 with complimentary breakfast. Normally i carry phone number of 2-3 hotels on the route i travel ranging beyond 9 hours drive, as you can't predict what distance you may do in particular day. Rest for other things where you know that you will be there that day, you need to book them through Travel Portal.

Not in this trip, but sometimes you need to pay some amount Rs.200 to Rs.500 to some hotels to block rooms for you. If you can't make it then that amount has to be forgotten. Hence, you need to keep at least spare Rs.200 to Rs.700 overall for such cases.

There is one hotel named "Foodie Woodie" some 3 kms ahead of Kalghat. There rates were on higher side due to Diwali festival (Some 3k+ per night) hence i stayed at Highway Retreat at Rs.1500 per night. Anyways, for food you can approach foodie woodie [:)] Their site address is foodiewoodie.in

You can very well post the questions you had in mind, i will try to answer them as per my experience.

Note: Even other members of forum can help Satyajeet !!

Superb RK,

Rajasthan is in my list from very long. your TL is having all the details which I required[clap]

Will get in touch with you when I plan for trip.

BTW, I have included Agra along with my Rajasthan plan [:D]

Thread Starter #19
Superb RK,

Rajasthan is in my list from very long. your TL is having all the details which I required[clap]

Will get in touch with you when I plan for trip.

BTW, I have included Agra along with my Rajasthan plan [:D]
Its better to cover Agra from Rajasthan. Its just 4-5 hours of drive from Jaipur with excellent roads.

Last edited:
What a wonderful travelogue.. well written and well captured.

Past few days I was in a dilemma to include Agra in Rajasthan trip.. especially thinking I have to do a 240 KMS return drive from Agra to Jaipur, so as to cover Chitor. Your travelogue has given me the confidence.. now I am going to Agra as well :)

Thanks GrandRK.

Thread Starter #21
Thanks for your words. I would really feel glad if my writings become helpful to fellow traveler.

An overnight stay in Agra will be fine to explore it in relaxed way.

bhvm

Honoured Member
Very systematic report buddy! For a while I thought I was reading a Wiki page and not a forum. I have done Rajasthan in Chidhood. The traffic and messy parking you witnessed was not present back then. BTW, how many kms you covered the entire trip and what FE you got?

Thank goodness you took a small car on this trip. Otherwise traffic would've been even more tiresome.

Thread Starter #23
I have covered almost 3200 Kms in 8 days. The traffic and parking menace has increased by three folds these days.

I always try to write important points for car travelers like us which helps us to visualize and be prepared for such trips. Rest about history of the places and other things are easily available on internet these days.

Good TL indeed,
You said, some horrible reviews about Fatehpur sikri, can you please elaborate?
Buddy, A superb log filled with nice pics. Did you try the famous sweet from Agra i.e Petha? There are 2 varieties of it, one is the plain Petha and the other is Angoori Petha. In Rajasthan, did you try out the Laal Maas? It is one of the popular dishes there.

Akash
Can you please mention the hygienic eateries or restaurants where the Lal Mass is available?

Thread Starter #25
Good TL indeed,
You said, some horrible reviews about Fatehpur sikri, can you please elaborate?
In tripadvisor forum i came across many reviews stating the torture tourist has to undergo from the guides and other transport operators. Somewhere some news also floated that some foreigner tourist was injured by these touts.

Can you please mention the hygienic eateries or restaurants where the Lal Mass is available?
Heard Handi Restaurant near Jaipur GPO is good for "Laal Maas". Spice Court in Civil Line is one more. There are many options on MI (Mirza Islam) road.
Don't forget to have lassi and katchori near Hawa Mahal

Last edited:

Top Bottom