Pune - Rajasthan - Agra - Madhya Pradesh

Thread Starter #1
Caution: A lengthy Trip report / Trip-o-logue / Travelogue. A report of doing 3000 Kms in 8 days and covereing 3 states.

Diwali festival comes with lot of joy, just not because of festive season but it also comes with plethora of school holidays. The best time to travel somewhere long. The plan of exploring Rajasthan was cooking in my mind from long time. Hence with lot of enthusiasm created a rough itinerary of covering places like Udaipur, Chittorgarh, Jodhpur, Jaisalmer (Lonegwala & Tanot), Bikaner and Jaipur.

The above plan asked me for more days as this drive circuit won’t get completed with minimum 12 days. Also with family it may go to 15 days as well. So decided to chop down few location and ultimately decided to explore east side of Rajasthan where the visit locations were Chittorgarh and Jaipur. Also gone ahead and added Agra, Ujjain and Indore to my circuit. The plan was chalked out and route was prepared. The leaves we got from office were 10 days, so keeping 1-2 days as buffer I made a bit crazy plan of doing all this in 8 days. So here it goes…

Route: Pune – Nashik – Dhule – Manpur – Chittorgarh – Kishangad – Jaipur – Agra – Jaipur – Chittorgarh – Badnawar – Ujjain – Indore – Dhule – Nashik – Pune

Pune to Nashik

Instead of re-routing from Mumbai or Ahmednagar I decided to try NH60 (Pune – Nashik) section with making the start at 5:00am. We started by 5:30am and reached Nashik Phata (Bhosari) within 20 mins. From here there is one straight route towards Nashik. The four lane work between Pune and Nashik is almost 85% complete, the diversions are few which are properly marked. It took me four hours from Pune to Bytco Circle (Nashik) along with one breakfast break after Alephata at Hotel Gurudev.

Toll: Moshi (31), Chandoli (31), Chalakwadi (40), Hiwargaon Pawsa (40)

1 (1024x768).jpg

Nashik to Dhule
One can reach Mumbai Agra highway (NH3) bypassing Nashik city from Bytco circle by using Jail road which has less city traffic. The overall drive was smooth till NH3.

1a.jpg

Mumbai Agra highway is four to six lane, but there are killer potholes from Pimpalgaon up to Dhule bypass. In addition to this there is lot of two wheeler traffic and truck traffic till Dhule which somewhat reduces your speed. Once you cross Dhule bypass then roads are smooth. Though two wheeler traffic is less but expect heavy truck traffic from Maharashtra border towards Madhya Pradesh.

2 (1024x768).jpg

Dhule to Manpur

The road in this section is good to cover the time lost in Maharashtra. Facilities on this road are very less, even getting a cup of tea needs to be planned but there are many fuel pumps en-route. You should be attentive in this section as there are speed breakers near few villages and junctions. Also came across lots of herds on road, need to be alert throughout.

Toll: Pimpalgaon (130), Chandwad(125), Shirpur (95), Songir (60), Jamli (86), Kalghat (50), Lebad (20)

3.jpg

Manpur – Chittorgarh

Here you need to leave NH3 and turn towards excellent 4 lane Manpur – Lebad highway. As soon as you leave NH3 the traffic gets decrease which can make your drive smooth. One can do triple digits in this section. Be aware of group of speed breakers (few unmarked) as there are many small villages on the road. You may come across some two wheeler traffic near villages. There are many helmetless riders doing 70-90 Kmph along with at least two pillions. Sad to see few riders carrying their family along with new born without any safety.

Toll: Chokala (46), Chikilia (40), Jaora (33), Piplia Mandi (34), Nayagaon (21), Nimbhera (20), Occhadi (35)

4.jpg

Chittorgarh

Chittorgarh is small town famous for its fort. As soon as you reach Chittorgarh bypass you can see signage for fort. The fort area is huge (approx. 13 Kms), hence taking your own vehicle up there is advisable. The way till fort road passes through market hence it is somewhat crowdie. The guides will follow you from Fort road itself on their two wheelers. Once on fort road you need to cross seven gates (named as “Pols”). The gates are very narrow where only one vehicle can pass at a time. There are two quite steep hairpin bends on the way. The last gate is “Ram pol” after which you need to turn right to ticket counter (flooded with guides).

5.jpg
6 (1024x768).jpg
7 (1024x768).jpg

Chittorgarh Fort

Time:- Fort remains open from 6:00am to 6:00pm

Tickets – Rs.15/ adult. Free for children up till 15 years. You need to pay one time parking charge of Rs.50 at the entrance (you are free to park anywhere inside fort).

Guides – The charges vary from Rs.200 to Rs.450 (based on bargaining). The guide sits on navigator seat once you finalise them and move along with you on fort. Actually there is no need of guide on this fort as you can go through Wikipedia /internet and gather information prior to visit.
But, still I would suggest to take guide, not for information but to show safe parking places on fort. Entire road inside fort is flooded with all sorts of tourist vehicles/ local autos with no sense of parking, you may scratch your vehicle while parking.

The roads inside fort are narrow and broken in most of the section. There are lots of jaywalkers and selfie syndrome crowd. To add to this there is no sign boards anywhere on fort to see the way for next attraction (sad state of Heritage site)

8.jpg

Main attractions on fort -

1) Rana Kumbha Palace
Currently in ruins. This is the place where some scenes of “Kabira” song from Bollywood film “Yeh Jawani Hain Deewani” were shot, also few scenes from film “Prem Ratan Dhan Payo” were also shot.

9.jpg

2) Fateh Prakash Mahal
This is converted into museum which is currently closed for renovation.

3) 11th Century Jain Kirti Stambh
The tower is near the Jain temples. Entry inside tower is restricted as the steps are in ruins

10.jpg

4) Vijayastamb
A tall nine storey tower which is one of the main attraction on this fort. Initially this was restricted for climbing above first floor but now entry inside itself is restricted for security reason.
This monument can be seen in song “Aaj Phir Jeene ki Tammana Hain” from old Bollywood film “Guide”

11.jpg

5) Padmini Mahal
This is last spot at the end of fort. The palace is inaccessible to tourist but one can click photo and sit there for some time. There was a mirror inside this palace where Allaudin Khilji has seen the beauty of Padmini through the reflection. You can see Dev Anand watching reflection of Wahida Rehman in this mirror in song “Aaj Phir Jeene ki Tammana Hain” from old Bollywood film “Guide”

12.jpg

6) Mansingh Palace
This is one of the attraction whose structure is still in good state. Here you can see lot of monkeys. Your tickets will be checked here at the entrance. A temple is present in palace campus

13.jpg

7) Meera Temple
The temple is made in the name of famous devotee of Lord Krishna.

14.jpg

Chittorgarh – Kishangad – Jaipur

Chittorgarh bypass is well designed. You will join NH48 here which will result in increase in multiaxle truck traffic as you move towards Kishangad. The roads are super smooth but you need to weave in and out of the lanes to overtake trucks and also to pass dead dogs. Very poor facilities in this patch when it comes to hotels / restaurants. There are pumps across this patch but few bunks are only for diesel. You need to be alert as there is lots of cattle’s menace on road.

15.jpg
Toll : Jojro Ka Khera, Chittorgarh – Bhilwara (95), Kanwaliyas, Bhilwara – Kishangad (110)

See the mud guard flaps on this truck. In night it appears as someone has placed pair of illuminator board on highway…quite illusion effect

16.jpg

There is lot of jeep traffic (local transport mode) where people travel by standing behind as well. Also you will find few buses whose doors are open (held) by passengers so that two three of them can accommodate.

17.jpg

Once you cross Kishangad, you will be greeted with six lane silky road towards Jaipur. Good facilities on highway all through Jaipur. There are lots of bunks and restaurant throughout. Multiaxle truck traffic will be still with you along with supersonic private vehicles, tourist buses and two wheelers (on suicide mission). You need to utilize all three lanes to reach Jaipur bypass.

Toll : Kishangad (35), Thikaria (60)

Thread Starter #2
Jaipur

The roads inside city are well maintained with good width, neat dividers and signals. Four wheeler traffic is decent in Jaipur whereas two wheeler traffic is maniac. Two wheelers stop at red signal but as soon as signal turns green they go criss-cross and block all four wheelers (saw few of them dashing with each other as well). Jaipur bypass is very well designed, the bypass is long and passes through some narrow lanes with dense habitat as well. Jaipur stands as one of the cleanest city.

18.jpg

We visited famous Choki Dani in Jaipur. This place serves authentic Rajasthani veg food. I don’t like their charging method. They charge children by their height (same in Pune’s Choki Dani). Everyone who is more than 3.5 feet needs to pay Rs.700 per head.

To add to this when I entered inside I could see everything is chargeable apart from welcome drink and main dinner (not fare in my terms, even Pune’s choki dani provide some complimentary option).

The travellers who are tight on budget and needs to taste Rajasthani veg food then I would recommend “Heritage Buffet” restaurant near Hawa Mahal, they have decent and limited Rajsathani thali which has all the options provided in Choki Dani.

Places to see inside Choki Dani, Jaipur
CD1.jpg

Authentic Rajasthani Food in Choki Dani
CD2 (1024x768).jpg

Rajasthani Thali from “Heritage Buffet” restaurant
CD3 (1024x768).jpg

Below are the attractions which we covered in Jaipur.

1) Birla Temple
The location is right on the main road. There is a steep road towards parking. The parking is good and organised (Parking fee is Rs.20/30 – forgot??). Entry to temple is free. Footwear needs to be kept outside temple in dedicated area where you need to pay Rs.5 per pair.

You can see one fort uphill here, don’t know what exactly it is as I could not see any entry there. Asked a local who said there is Shiva Temple up there which opens only on Mahashivratri.

Birla Temple
19.jpg

Fort like structure near Birla Temple
19a (768x1024).jpg

2) Albert Hall Museum
This location is located at roundabout on main road where on other hand you will find Jaipur Zoo. Parking is good and organised (Forgot the parking fee). You can spot this monument from distance as there are lots of pigeons around this building.

Time: 9:00am to 5:00pm (Closed on last Tuesday of each month). No charges for camera.

Ticket: You can purchase composite ticket here for most of the Jaipur attractions which is valid for two working days. In case there is holiday on the particular date then the composite ticket shall be valid for next working day. Charges are Rs.300/adult and Rs.40/Children (Up to 7 years it is free).
Composite ticket have entrance of Amber Fort, Jantar Mantar, Albert Hall, Nahargarh Fort, Hawa Mahal, Sisodia Garden, Vidhyadhar Baug and Isarlat.

20 (1024x768).jpg

Structure of Albert Hall
21.jpg

Albert hall is normal museum with painting and armouries. The highlight of this museum is an Egyptian Mummy which is kept in underground section. This is the only section where photos are prohibited (there were no sign boards of photography restriction but the guards keep a keen eye on tourist, still I managed to take one )
22.jpg

3) Hawa Mahal
This is the area where you enter pink city. The roads are bit busy and crowded as they pass through market area. You can park your vehicle at City Palace parking or at Ramniwas baug and either walk or take eRick to visit the places nearby.

Time: For entry inside Hawa Mahal the time is from 9:00am to 5:00pm. No charge for camera.

One can reach up to top of Hawa mahal via staircase. From above you can view the entire market area along with busy street below. You can also see Nahargarh Fort from here. There is a “Wind View Café” just opposite Hawa Mahal from where you can click entire front side of Hawa Mahal. But there is no need to enter this café as you can stand in front of it and click Hawa Mahal. Lots of lassiwala’s on this road serving lassi in earthen glass and Kachori.

HawaMahal
23.jpg

Lassi served in earthen glass
24 (1024x768).jpg

4) City Palace
The descendants of royal family stay here hence only half of the palace is accessible to tourists. The accessible part also is museum. If one is short of time then this place can be skipped.

25 (1024x768).jpg

5) Jantar Mantar
The location of Jantar Mantar is next to City Palace. One can walk for few meters to reach here.
Time: 9:00am to 5:00pm

Basically this place is an observatory. There are lots of “Yantra’s” (machines) built to calculate time, geographical norms etc. You may hire a guide here if you want to know more about the structures. There are boards where they have mentioned details of these machines, one can read it and see the magic of shadows. The prefer time to enter here is around 11:30am to 12:30pm so that you can see shadows properly on these Yantra’s.

26.jpg

6) Amber Fort
Time: 8:00am to 5:30pm

This is the main attraction of Jaipur. You will find lots of foreigner tourist on this spot. The road going uphill is crowded by vehicles and tourist buses. You will see boards stating way to Nahargarh and Jaigarh fort on your way. Amber fort is having steep to very steep parking spots where you need to be very cautious as vehicles are parked right on the steep bends. There are many jaywalkers, guides and sellers on this road. Taking your car to parking lot is a task in itself, I managed to stall my car few times. The traffic gets piled up soon on ascent as any car comes out of parking lot. Lots of guides at the entrance, as you get out from your car the guides will surround you.

27.jpg

Amber Fort is divided into Diwan-E-Aam, Diwan-E-Khas, Sheesh Mahal, Sukh Niwas, Kesar Kyaari (Mughal Garden)

The fort is famous as few scenes from Bollywood movie “Jodha Akbar” along with song "Jashn-E-Bahara" were shot here. Also few scenes of films like “Bajirao Mastani” and Sonam Kapoors “Khubsoorat” were shot here.

Amber fort as seen from road
28.jpg

Sheesh Mahal (Hall of Mirrors)
29.jpg

Diwan-E-Aam (Hall of Public audience)
30 (1024x768).jpg

Diwan-E-Khas (Hall of Private audience)
31.jpg

7) Panna Meena Kund
Time: All time open

This is a step well at a walkable distance from Amber Fort car parking area. Those who are short of time to visit famous “Chand Baori” can fulfil their photography here as well. The place is very less touristy hence crowd less. There is no entry fee here

32.jpg

8) Jaigarh Fort
Tickets: This fort is somehow not covered in composite ticket. Rs.50/ adult, Rs.30/child (under 10 years free). If you want to drive your car inside the fort then you need to get separate ticket of Rs.50

While descending from Amber Fort you will come across signboard stating way to Jaigarh fort as well as Nahardurg fort. The ghat section is steep with lots of curves, if bus comes then traffic get piled up in no time. After taking ticket you can enter fort along with your car.

This is how traffic get piled up when two buses pass each other (put the hand brake and enjoy the game)
33.jpg

The main highlight of Jaigarh fort is India’s biggest cannon named “Jaivanna”. Apart from this you can get view of surrounding area. There is one of the steepest climb inside to reach Jaivanna Cannon, parking inside and taking your car out again is a task in itself. If anyone is short of time then this fort can be skipped.

34.jpg

9) Nahardurg Fort

While coming back from Jaigarh you will see signage for Nahardurg fort. This fort is famous for pink city view. You can see Jaipur Wax museum at the entrance (can be skipped) and an artificial sheesh mahal (can be skipped if you have seen actual Sheesh Mahal on Amber fort). The fort has become famous as the scenes of “Rang De Basanti” and “Shudh Desi Romance” were shot here.

(This entire fort can be skipped if you are short of time.)

10) Jal Mahal
Time: All time viewable

Once you descent the fort road and come on plains then you can see Jal Mahal next to the road. Entry inside is restricted. You can just take photo and move on. Here you will find lots of road side eateries like chat and kulfi’s.

35.jpg

Thread Starter #3
Jaipur – Agra

Jaipur bypass is well designed with plenty of marking towards Agra. It will join you smoothly to NH21. The Jaipur Agra highway is good in condition. You can do triple digits on it comfortably. Few villages en-route where you will encounter two wheeler traffic and well-marked speed breakers.

Toll : Rajdhok (60), Sikandara (60)

Came across this Patrika Gate while bypassing Jaipur
36.jpg

Once you join NH21 towards Agra, you will come across the village named “Bamanpura” where you can take slight detour of 6Kms to visit “Chand Baori”. Excellent two lane toll road though it passes through village, thereafter the road turns into single lane till Abhaneri.

Toll: PichuPara (25) towards Abhaneri and again PichPura (25) towards Bamanpura

Chand Baori
Chand Baori is a step well which in itself is an architectural marvel. Ample amount of car parking place at Rs.50. Not so many tourist here (apart from foreigners) hence the place is crowd less. There is good facility of toilet available at this location.

37.jpg

There is Abhaneri temple next to Chand Baori which also can be visited.

38.jpg

On the way to Agra as soon as you cross Bharatpur (famous for bird sanctuary) and go ahead a couple of kilometres you will find “Fatehpur Sikhri”. This location was not on my list as I have read some horrible reviews from tourist on different forums. But again with plenty of time in hand and with less expectation I thought of giving it a try.

With some fear in corner of my mind in entered Fatehpur Sikhri. Found a restaurant (forgot the name) as soon as you exit NH21 which was having ample amount of car parking place. After having lunch there requested security to look after my car till I come back covering Fatehpur Sikhri. Also note that cars are not allowed inside Fatehpur Sikhri , you need to park them in designated parking lot and take government shuttle buses (starts every 10min and takes Rs.10/head one way) from car parking. There are too many autos and guides who will surround you.

Fatehpur Sikhri

Fatehpur and Sikhri are two different areas but located next to each other. As I was approaching a car parking area one auto came near me and told that he will drop me at gate of Fatehpur at Rs.50 (I agreed), while in auto he told me that he has guide who will take Rs.100 (I agreed). The guide was none other than a 12 years old boy. Once you hire some guide then all other guides will move out of your way (VIP feeling in that rush)

Fatehpur
Time : Don’t know
Ticket : Not required

From the entrance you need to walk some meters to enter Fatehpur. The main attraction here is “Buland Darwaza” along with Salim Chishti mosque (to enter Fatehpur you must leave your footwear outside by paying Rs.5 per pair).

Buland Darwaza
39.jpg

Fatehpur
40.jpg

Salim Chishti Mosque
41.jpg

Sikhri
Time : Don’t know
Ticket :- Rs.30/adult, free for children’s.

The guide who shows you Fatehpur will not come to Sikhri (some internal rules it seems). At the entrance of Sikhri there are local as well as government guide. Local guide will follow you inside as well. One of the local guide started following me inside and at last agreed to show me Sikhri at Rs.100.

The main attraction in Sikhri is Akbar Palace, Jodhabai's palace, Birbal Bhavan, Panch Mahal, Daulat Khana, Diwan-E-Khas (Lotus throne), Diwan-E-Aam, Tansen Chabutra and Daftar Khana

Panch Mahal
42.jpg

Sikhri Panorama
43.jpg
44.jpg
45.jpg

Lotus on the pillar
46 (768x1024).jpg

After coming out either you can go back to Fatehpur and catch the auto towards car parking area or else you can walk few meters on a non-crowdie road from Sikhri towards car parking area. I opted for second one. While walking back towards car parking area I came across this gate.
47 (768x1024).jpg

After a Km of walk came back to the same restaurant where I parked my car. Tipped security guard and moved towards Agra.

Toll : Amoli (60), Korai (45)

Agra
Toll road ends once you enter into Agra. Hereafter you will witness one of the worst road section till Agra city. The roads are full of potholes where few sections are suitable for off-roading. There is almost no road in some section. The moment you enter Agra city then you are welcomed with good roads and smooth traffic. I found Agra as one of the cleanest city.

Agra City
48.jpg

Agra Fort
Time : Opening don’t know but closes at 5:30pm
Ticket : Rs.30/adult, children free. Parking is Rs.50

Only half of the fort is allowed to see, rest is in use for military. The fort is divided into Jahangir Hauz, Shahjahani Mahal, Babar's Baoli, Shah Burj, Mina Masjid, Diwan-E –Khas, Diwan- E-Aam

49.jpg

Jahangir Mahal
50.jpg

Taj as seen from Agra Fort
51.jpg

Diwan-E-Khas
52 (1024x768).jpg

Diwan-E-Aam
53.jpg

Taj Mahal
Ticket – Rs.40/adult, children free. Rs.10 per shoe cover
Time: 6:00am to 6:00pm (Friday closed). Best time to visit is in early mornings.

Parking - Need to park at East gate (Shiplgram) as there is no entry for vehicles around 500 meters of Taj. At East gate instead of taking eRick, take long golf cart from ticket counter to reach nearer to Taj (Rs.10/head)

Security - Apart from water and cell phone nothing is allowed inside. Transparent bottled water is allowed which you may carry in transparent plastic bag. Eatables and sharp items are strictly not allowed. SLR camera, leather belt, wallets, ladies bags and phones are allowed. Avoid bringing bag as there is lot of security testing. There is separate que for men and women

54.jpg

One more view of TajMahal
55 (768x1024).jpg

Different sizes Taj Mahal for sell in nearby shop
56 (1024x768).jpg

Famous Panchi Petha
57.jpg

Thread Starter #4
Agra – Jaipur – Chittorgarh

The entire patch is good. You will get slow down as you enter Jaipur bypass. Jaipur to Kishangad is again a bliss to drive. Kishangad to Chittorgarh will be having heavy multiaxle truck traffic

Toll: Korai (45), Ludhwai (60), Sikandara (60), Rajdhok (60), Thikariya (60), Kishangad (35), Kanwaliyas (110), Jojro Ka Khera (95)

Chittorgarh – Ujjain

Chittorgarh bypass is smooth drive. The first toll will take time as all the lanes are packed with trucks which takes lot of time for toll. Chittorgarh to Badnawar is again a road with cattle’s, speed breakers and two wheeler traffic, but still Ok to zoom. One needs to exit the highway at Badnawar towards Ujjain.

58.jpg

Badnawar – Ujjain

This is a toll road but two lane, need to keep keen eye for overtakers. Two small yet crowdie villages on the way to Ujjain. Once in Ujjain you can see signboards stating the way to Mahakaleshwar Temple (One of the 12 Jyotirlinga)

There is good managed parking for Rs.25 near Mahakaleshwar temple. You can leave your mobiles in the car itself as they are not allowed in temple, photography is strictly prohibited. They do not allow remote car keys inside temple, hence they need to be deposited in the locker available with flower / garland shop keepers along with your footwear. You need to plan for at least one to two hours for darshan.

Toll : Rithola (45), Occhadi (35), Nimbhera (20), Nayagoan (21), Pipliamandi (34), Jaora (33), Chikilia (40), Badnawar – Ujjain (43)

Ujjain – Indore

This is also a smooth and silky toll patch where you can do triple digits. It takes hardly one and half hour to enter into Indore city. Once in city you will come across all sort of city traffic. I found only 40% drivers driving their cars with both ORVM opened. Indore is also one of the cleanest cities.

Toll : Ujjain – Indore (30)

Indore is famous for foodies, we visited Chappan Dukan and famous Sarafa Bazaar for street food. You may get different sorts of shev and namkeens here. Sarafa Bazaar starts at 8:30pm and goes up to morning 3:00am. One should not miss this when in Indore

Panorama of Chappan Dukan
58a.jpg

Sarafa Bazaar
59.jpg
60.jpg
61.jpg

Different sorts of “Paan”
62.jpg

Indore – Nashik – Pune

Coming out of Indore city is bit pain. Once you are out the drive till Manpur is breeze. I have already mentioned about Nashik to Pune route condition in my starting post, the same condition is there while return. There is slight jam between Nashik and Shinde as flyover is been under construction. The entire patch between Nashik to Pune is good to drive in night (except few Kms in between where diversions are marked)

Toll : Sonway (30), Shirpur (95), Kalghat (50), Jamli (86), Songir(60), Dhule (125), Pimpalgaon (130), Hiwargaon Pawsa (75), Chandoli (31), Moshi (31), Chalakwadi (40)

Day wise Itinerary-
Day 1 – Pune to Kalghat
Day 2 – Kalghat to Chittorgarh
Day 3 – Chittorgarh to Jaipur
Day 4 – Jaipur
Day 5 – Jaipur to Agra
Day 6 – Agra to Chittorgarh
Day 7 – Chittorgarh to Ujjain and Ujjain to Indore
Day 8 – Indore to Pune.

Thanks for reading this lengthy report. Hope it could help someone planning to drive in this region.

Ohh God!! I missed the beauty who took us everywhere. Here it is!!

Z (768x1024).jpg

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Buddy, A superb log filled with nice pics. Did you try the famous sweet from Agra i.e Petha? There are 2 varieties of it, one is the plain Petha and the other is Angoori Petha. In Rajasthan, did you try out the Laal Maas? It is one of the popular dishes there. Thanks a lot for sharing the pics of the TAJ. It still has the majestic appeal and beauty beyond words.

Regards

Akash

Thread Starter #6
Buddy, A superb log filled with nice pics. Did you try the famous sweet from Agra i.e Petha? There are 2 varieties of it, one is the plain Petha and the other is Angoori Petha. In Rajasthan, did you try out the Laal Maas? It is one of the popular dishes there. Thanks a lot for sharing the pics of the TAJ. It still has the majestic appeal and beauty beyond words.

Regards

Akash
Yes, Akash !! Tried both Pethas in Agra. Due to my vegetarian diet i didn't tried Laal Maas [:)]

Amazing and detailed travelogue GrandRK with beautiful pictures. Detailed travelogues like these are very helpful to everybody[clap]
how much time did it take to see Chittor Fort?

Thread Starter #8
Amazing and detailed travelogue GrandRK with beautiful pictures. Detailed travelogues like these are very helpful to everybody[clap]
how much time did it take to see Chittor Fort?
Yes. The intention of this report is to be helpful to some traveler. Chittorgarh fort takes maximum 2 hours for exploration. Most of the time gets wasted by going from one location to other, parking the car and again taking the car out of parking.

There is good managed parking for Rs.25 near Mahakaleshwar temple. You can leave your mobiles in the car itself as they are not allowed in temple, photography is strictly prohibited. They do not allow remote car keys inside temple, hence they need to be deposited in the locker available with flower / garland shop keepers along with your footwear. You need to plan for at least one to two hours for darshan.

Toll : Ujjain – Indore (30)

Day 7 – Chittorgarh to Ujjain and Ujjain to Indore
Day 8 – Indore to Pune.
I was at the Mahakaleshwar temple on 30th Oct between 11am-1pm! Were you there? The guard allowed my car keys inside. Phones can be kept in the behind building (temple managed one) for free, next to the Toilet. The toilets inside the temple premises were very very clean (remember you had to go inside the bathroom barefooted!). I was back in the Ujjian - Indore highway & had lunch at Charpai Dhaba. If you were there, I dearly missed the meeting!!

Thread Starter #11
I was at the Mahakaleshwar temple on 30th Oct between 11am-1pm! Were you there? The guard allowed my car keys inside. Phones can be kept in the behind building (temple managed one) for free, next to the Toilet. The toilets inside the temple premises were very very clean (remember you had to go inside the bathroom barefooted!). I was back in the Ujjian - Indore highway & had lunch at Charpai Dhaba. If you were there, I dearly missed the meeting!!
I was there on 26th Oct between 2:00pm to 3:30pm. The flower seller told me about the key when we purchased the garlands from him, he also told that it can be kept in locker available with him for free. After Mahakaleshwar darshan i headed straight to Indore and stayed their overnight to taste Sarafa Bazaar food. [:)]

I was there on 26th Oct between 2:00pm to 3:30pm. The flower seller told me about the key when we purchased the garlands from him, he also told that it can be kept in locker available with him for free. After Mahakaleshwar darshan i headed straight to Indore and stayed their overnight to taste Sarafa Bazaar food. [:)]
Ah, fine. I thought we were there in the same place & missed the meeting. I was still in Bangalore (on 26th Oct) then.

By the by, lovely travelogue. I think you create the story as you travel. Nice pics to illustrate the story, says so.

Thread Starter #13
Ah, fine. I thought we were there in the same place & missed the meeting. I was still in Bangalore (on 26th Oct) then.

By the by, lovely travelogue. I think you create the story as you travel. Nice pics to illustrate the story, says so.
As per famous saying "“Traveling—it leaves you speechless, then turns you into a storyteller.”

You should have received my Thanks and thumbs up a week before but i was literally glued to your post and i read every single bit of it. Lovely travelogue

I didn't even skipped the sign boards in the pics ;)

Also i would like to say that you literally have an eye for photography , excellent pics buddy.

I am planning exactly the same trip some time in Jan 2nd or 3rd week, i needs some inputs:

1) Can you share the details of the hotels where you stayed during this trip [ Fair / Facilities / Type of room / Parking ]
2) Even i am from Pune and few of my friends told me that the PUC certificates issued in Maharashtra are not allowed in Rajasthan and Gujrat how true is this ?
3) How safe are the roads in case if you want to travel during night or for that matter day as well ? Bit worried as i will be travelling with my better half and 3 year toddler
4) What are your views on the local's ? usually in tourist places i have seen locals misbehaving / scamming people.

Thanks,
Satyajeet

Thread Starter #15
You should have received my Thanks and thumbs up a week before but i was literally glued to your post and i read every single bit of it. Lovely travelogue

I didn't even skipped the sign boards in the pics ;)

Also i would like to say that you literally have an eye for photography , excellent pics buddy.

I am planning exactly the same trip some time in Jan 2nd or 3rd week, i needs some inputs:

1) Can you share the details of the hotels where you stayed during this trip [ Fair / Facilities / Type of room / Parking ]
2) Even i am from Pune and few of my friends told me that the PUC certificates issued in Maharashtra are not allowed in Rajasthan and Gujrat how true is this ?
3) How safe are the roads in case if you want to travel during night or for that matter day as well ? Bit worried as i will be travelling with my better half and 3 year toddler
4) What are your views on the local's ? usually in tourist places i have seen locals misbehaving / scamming people.

Thanks,
Satyajeet
Thanks for your warm words Satyajeet !! Now check the answers for your questions below:

Ans 1) The hotels i stayed are as below,
Day 1 - MPTDC, Hotel Highway Treat near Kalghat, MP
The road after Dhule till Manpur has very less facilities. This hotel is located on right side of road is very basic for overnight stay. They have good parking in it. You need to just walk-in as they do not accept phone or online booking. Also note that they have huge campus and rooms are not filled to brim. They have their own restaurant where you can have food for night.

Google location - Hotel Highway Treat

Day 2 - RnB, Chittorgarh
This is very good hotel located at 5 Kms from Kapasan chowk on Chittorgarh bypass. They have very good parking. The rooms are great for overnight stay along with good washrooms and clean linen. They have their own restaurant where you can have your food and complimentary breakfast (Note that breakfast starts from 7:15am hence useful if you are planning to move ahead early). There hospitality is warm and Mr.Shekawat (the manager) will make you comfortable.

Google location RnB, Chittorgarh

Day 3 & 4 - The Starboard Guest House, Jaipur
The location is at very near to Jaipur bypass. All major attractions are within 7 Kms range. The hotel is good enough for overnight stay, they have their own restaurant at the basement where you can have food and complimentary breakfast. There is parking space inside the guest house for one car, rest you can park in front on guesthouse as well. For more parking place their is a small ground opposite to guest house where you can park your vehicle comfortably.

Google location - The Starboard Guest House, Jaipur

Day 5 - Hotel The Idea Inn
The location of this hotel is great. You will find Agra fort and Tajmahal at 2 Kms from this hotel. They have parking on the bylanes where there are many hotels, they have dedicated security guard to assist your parking. The rooms are ok for overnight stay, they do have their restaurant where we only ate their complimentary breakfast.

Google location - Hotel The Idea Inn, Agra

Day 6 - I have checked in back into RnB, Chittorgarh

Day7 - Treebo Cherry Tree, Indore
The treebo hotels are always good with spacious rooms, clean linen and washrooms. The parking is good here and there is HP pump nect to hotel. The location of Chappan Dukkan is just at walkable distance opposite hotel whereas Sarafa bazaar is just 2-3 Kms away. The hotel stands right on AB road which will help you straight to come out of Indore.

Google Location - Cherry Tree

Day 8 - Directly came to Pune from Indore.

Ans 2) There is no such rule anywhere across India. PUC certificate issued anywhere in India is valid across India. The only matter is that it shouldn't be expired one [:)]

Ans 3) Please restrict yourself from driving in night as the roads have heavy truck traffic and there are very less facilities en-route. Also the cow menace is more in MP and RJ. Few villages have sets of unmarked speed breakers where you need to be alert. Please plan for your food breaks and fuel breaks accordingly (ample number of reliance fuel outlets with clean washrooms for ladies). Mostly few tolls have washrooms facility (especially for ladies).

You can very well do this trip along with your family. Plan for ample breaks in between and try to get checked in into hotels max until 7pm. Drink more amount of water throughout your drive and ask same for you family as well. Your family will definitely enjoy this trip.

Ans 4) You don't find any problem in drive. Just slow down near villages en-route as there you will meet few local two wheeler traffic. Always stop at the restaurant which seems good with especially pure veg food.

There is guides, photographers and autowala menace in most of these attractions. The guide menace is more everywhere. You should be bit alert if you are planning to visit Fatehpur Sikri, there you might come under locals scamming tourist.

I hope that i have answered all your queries, but still let me know in case you need any more information. Drive safe and enjoy the tour !!

Last edited:

Top Bottom