Pune - Goa Route Suggestions

Thread Starter #1
If there is already a discussion going on, please close this thread and move it there mods. I was unable to locate such discussions.

Planning for goa this friday (10/19) Start by 4:00 AM and back on sunday (10/21) to reach by 10-11 PM.

I am anticipating one way trip will take around 8-9 hrs via PUNE-NIPANI(via NH4)-AJARA-AMBOLI-SAWANTWADI-GOA(NH17).

There are other possible routes but not aware of the road conditions, I have been to Goa by the route mentioned above thrice, once in 2008 and twice in 2009 but its been 3yrs and dont know the road conditions of that route as well now.

Any recent trips done by fellow members to goa from pune/mumbai ?

Attachments

Thread Starter #2
Well, nobody replied and I am back from my trip :)

Total Kms done: 902.6 (round trip)
Total Fuel Cost: 2300Rs
Toll charges: 800 Rs.
I followed the above route, Nipani-Sawantwadi route is 35% bad overall with less to no roads at all in the karnataka part of this section. Roads beyond sawantwadi are good till goa with only minor bad section of 100-200 meters twice.

I dont have the route pics as i was driving in the night.

People try for the pune route when they want to skip the ghats.
As for me i love the ghats so i stick to NH-17.

Buddy, how was the trip? If not the pics of route, how about sharing the pics of goa?

BTW i am feeling the pain deep within after seeing this.

Total Kms done: 902.6 (round trip)
Total Fuel Cost: 2300Rs
I mean 2300rs worth of petrol isnt enough for a month for me, and you could do a 900km trip with it. How i hate the petrol[anger]?

As for me i love the ghats so i stick to NH-17.
If you are a ghat lover, Nipani ,ajara amboli ghat section is for ghat lovers, you are likely to see some wild animals and birds while traveling.

Pune Nipani route is better because of the road divider, Mumbai -goa road doesn't have road divider.hence bit tiring and risky.

Whenever , We know that it's going to be night time , we prefer mumbai-goa NH 17 over lonely Amboli Ghat.

Alternative route for sawant wadi-goa route is via Vengurla.
Vengurla beach is clean and blue, with cheaper stay and cheaper and fresh sea food than goa, worth staying a night. Next day Goa is approx.25 km from vengurla beach via Terekhol port.
From Terekhol fort, We can shift our cars along with us by boats (courtesy goa govt., charges Rs 10 to 50\per car ,available every now and then), a 10 mins.journey in boat , and you enter inside Goa.
It's the northen end of north goa, the beaches there are,less crowded, cheaper, and more picturesque than remaining Goa.Later on we can tour whole Goa.

Redi beach (situated in maharashtra, again calm and beutiful)also comes in your way, 5 km prior to Terekhol port.

Thread Starter #7
If you are a ghat lover, Nipani ,ajara amboli ghat section is for ghat lovers, you are likely to see some wild animals and birds while traveling.

Pune Nipani route is better because of the road divider, Mumbai -goa road doesn't have road divider.hence bit tiring and risky.

Whenever , We know that it's going to be night time , we prefer mumbai-goa NH 17 over lonely Amboli Ghat.

Alternative route for sawant wadi-goa route is via Vengurla.
Vengurla beach is clean and blue, with cheaper stay and cheaper and fresh sea food than goa, worth staying a night. Next day Goa is approx.25 km from vengurla beach via Terekhol port.
From Terekhol fort, We can shift our cars along with us by boats (courtesy goa govt., charges Rs 10 to 50\per car ,available every now and then), a 10 mins.journey in boat , and you enter inside Goa.
It's the northen end of north goa, the beaches there are,less crowded, cheaper, and more picturesque than remaining Goa.Later on we can tour whole Goa.

Redi beach (situated in maharashtra, again calm and beutiful)also comes in your way, 5 km prior to Terekhol port.
Oh I surely missed this opportunity to ride with my ride on a boat [cry] but thanks to Pune where I live goa, is only just 8 hrs away, I can do it another time [clap]

I will try to post some goa pics as eveyone requested, very soon.

Top Bottom