Pumba: Red Harley Davidson Street 750 Ownership Review

kinshuk.arya i visited the newly opened Harley showroom at calicut today with my better half.[:D] saw many a bikes in flesh. test drive vehicles not yet arrived. ogled the street a lot.some ideas keep popping up but vit M. ooh[cry] how much i crave for being born a rich guy.[;)]

hahahaha smooth rider a Doc saying that, then what are we commoners supposed to say?????. i dont know the wait time for street but my favourite vehicle was the superlow which was sadly discontinued. for that vehicle you have a wait time of one year so you pay 50k and book it and start saving atleast 10 k per month and by the time your vehicle has arrived you have save enough for down payment and rest the bank loan will take care.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #51
hahahaha smooth rider a Doc saying that, then what are we commoners supposed to say?????. i dont know the wait time for street but my favourite vehicle was the superlow which was sadly discontinued. for that vehicle you have a wait time of one year so you pay 50k and book it and start saving atleast 10 k per month and by the time your vehicle has arrived you have save enough for down payment and rest the bank loan will take care.
Doctor???[surprise][surprise] I take back my words. Please go and convince your better half and buy one.

Street in Pune had a waiting time of 15-20 days, the time I bought. The waiting period is more for the CBU ones. basically 48 and above.

@ kinshuk he is a Doc and has done leh in his Bolero which can be read under travelogue section,

He also has rideen the old Sun beam Motorcycle which was one of his friends

owns a Avenger which can be seen under ownership logs.

good friends with Ram sir who is another travel enthusiast. and highway ranger who is an excellent photographer.

Thread Starter #53
@ kinshuk he is a Doc and has done leh in his Bolero which can be read under travelogue section,

He also has rideen the old Sun beam Motorcycle which was one of his friends

owns a Avenger which can be seen under ownership logs.

good friends with Ram sir who is another travel enthusiast. and highway ranger who is an excellent photographer.
I think I have read his travelogue, it was the one in which the sand came in the Bolero?

kinshuk at this age my priorities are a bit different than when i was in my twenties & thirties - with kids just about to enter college. so i have to think a lot in investing in a harley. and the difference in being born a rich brat is that you have your family who would cater to your whims and fancies, so the anxiety in taking the plunge.[:)]

Thread Starter #55
kinshuk at this age my priorities are a bit different than when i was in my twenties & thirties - with kids just about to enter college. so i have to think a lot in investing in a harley. and the difference in being born a rich brat is that you have your family who would cater to your whims and fancies, so the anxiety in taking the plunge.[:)]
bus yehi soch kar bike abhi leli sir ji, jab bachche honge tab unki tensions hi baht hai.

Last edited:
I am not a photographer, still here are some of the promised pics, please excuse the quality as they were taken with a Mobile Phone.
you are excused[;)] kinshuk
Your harley bathing is making up for a bo derek walking out of the sea!
we need (err demand) regular pictures. err kitna deti hai ?

Glad to know smoothrider is getting the itch as well

Thread Starter #57
you are excused[;)] kinshuk
Your harley bathing is making up for a bo derek walking out of the sea!
we need (err demand) regular pictures. err kitna deti hai ?

Glad to know smoothrider is getting the itch as well
Bo Derek? hahaha. I wonder if Bo derek will let anyone handle her with a washing cloth [evil]

ab deti hai ke baare me mat poocho, lets just say better than Optimus on Highways.

Planning to take my dslr on the Sunday ride with other HOG members, but the 1MB upload limit per photograph makes me lazy, DSLR min is 4 MB.

same here the 1 M.B limit is like you have downsize your pic and thats just killing time. i have faced this while i load the pics of Atom. i can understand the situation you are in.[:D]

Thread Starter #60
Hello All,

As everybody knows that the Street 750 is selling in huge numbers when compared to the rest of the Harley Models there is a whatsapp group of Street only Harleys in Pune.

We went for a small 170km to and fro ride this Saturday for breakfast. Started off from the Hinjewadi flyover at 6:30 AM went on till Nanhe bridge checkpoint to meet with the other riders. After a small round of introduction we set off from the Nanhe Bridge checkpoint at around 7:15AM.

In total we were a group of 7 riders on 6 Harley Streets, got to see all the colours of the Street model in one place for the first time, including the newly launched Blue.

A couple of Streets were heavily modified with exhausts, seats, handle bars, foot boards, aux lights, saddle bags, etc. etc. etc.

Reached the breakfast place in about 1 and half hour without any breaks, the place was around 87kms from my house, where I had set the trip meter to 0. Had missal over discussion on bikes, rides etc. and returned back, were able to take just 2 pics as we were more interested in the ride itself.

Going for the ride was a slight gamble from my family point of view as I had told my wife its just a 85km ride to and fro [evil]. In all I am still well enough to pen down my thoughts.

Coming to the physical experience on the motorcycle itself as mine is one of the most stock Harleys in the nation. All it has is an enginue guard bought from Harley itself.

The stock seat starts to hurt a bit after around 50kms at a stretch and thereafter every 30-35km. The legs also start to ache for want of stretching after sometime but I guess I have to get used to it more. The rest is all whole and hearty

Apart from a little saddle sore the entire ride was stress free due to the engine, the motorcycle is able to cruise @120kmph without any signs of stress on the engine, the lower back was fine the next day although some stress was there in the arms because of stretching for longer periods.

The ghat section of around 10-15 kms was a breeze to navigate, was able to lean on the stock MRF tyres quite well.
The Brakes too performed admirably.

Coming to mental or the spiritual experience of the ride:

When somebody asks me is it fun to ride a motorcycle I have no words for it, it is definitely not fun in the normal sense, I mean your body starts aching after an hour its gets hot later in the morning, you are exposed to all that is everything around you including the flying debris, cow ****, spit from the well mannered people in our nation, the sheer risk of going on a motorcycle etc. etc. but once you are past all that after completing the ride or even stopping for a break one tends to look at the other aspects of it. the satisfaction, the feeling of pushing the limits, the adrenaline rush when you save yourself from a moron on the road, the pleasure of seeing people waving at you, it just makes everything worth it. It even makes you forget to take pics. Taking out a camera during the ride feels like a stupid ad commercial in between Alan Turing's narration in the movie Imitation Games.

Riding a motorcycle gives you a sense which I think cant be explained in words or I guess in a few words. It makes you look forward to more rides, it has been just 48 hours and I have already started to itch for another ride, hope it happens soon enough.

one of the incidents that happened with us: A Honda City was going in front of us and there was a family sitting in it with a kid as usual perched on the rear seat and looking behind from the rear wind shield, I waved to that kid and was instantaneously rewarded with one of the most genuine smiles and the waves I have ever seen. something that has never happened to me in my cross country drives in Optimus.

attaching just 2 pics as these are the only ones we took. that too after the conclusion and most of them had dispersed.

Oh and by the way Pumba completed 2000km on the ODO during the ride.

IMG-20160319-WA0002.jpg

IMG-20160319-WA0001.jpg

Last edited:

Top Bottom