Pumba: Red Harley Davidson Street 750 Ownership Review

Thread Starter #31
Pumba started leaking oil after a couple of days of the first service. Took it back to the SVC and they concluded that one of the O rings is leaking either the Neutral gear one which was replaced during the first service or the shifter one. Since, the flow was very little they were not able to pin point which O ring, so for solution they have changed the Shifter O ring. The leak hasnt returned from the past few days.

So lets just wait and watch if the issue is resolved or not.

Thread Starter #32
The issuw wasnt resovled. Pumba has again started leaking oil.

HD will be sending a pick up vehicle to pick it up as they want to have a look at the issue thoroughly, the pick up will be provided free of cost.

Regards,
Kinshuk

Hearty Congratulations on the acquisition mate. I somehow managed to miss this thread, An awesome bike. though it doesnt roar like other HD's it gives you the fun that is expected out of a HD. i am so sad from past few days. i had been saving quite a lot to buy a HD Superlow which stands withdrawn now from the market post low sales figure. Please Please Please post pictures of diffenet places where you see HD Logos on the bike, pIcs of the suspension the exhausts the seat, the headlight. the ODO. please post more pics Buddy. glued to this thread now. Hope the issue you have will be sorted out at the earliest. and yes last but not the least lend me a ride when in pune [:D]

Thread Starter #34
Hearty Congratulations on the acquisition mate. I somehow managed to miss this thread, An awesome bike. though it doesnt roar like other HD's it gives you the fun that is expected out of a HD. i am so sad from past few days. i had been saving quite a lot to buy a HD Superlow which stands withdrawn now from the market post low sales figure. Please Please Please post pictures of diffenet places where you see HD Logos on the bike, pIcs of the suspension the exhausts the seat, the headlight. the ODO. please post more pics Buddy. glued to this thread now. Hope the issue you have will be sorted out at the earliest. and yes last but not the least lend me a ride when in pune [:D]
Thanks Incarnation. A complete photoshoot is on the list and will be posting soon.

Right now was just way too busy with relatives visiting and logn weekends and some other stuff.

It definitely doesnt roar like the other HDs but the performance is at par if not better than the 883 Sportsters. I would again go for the Street itself even if I have the budget for the Iron, the reason being liquid cooled engine. Much easier to ride in bumper to bumper traffic, regarding the sound that can be improved depending on your taste with the aftermarket slip ons.

one more thing have you kept the headlight kowl or is it removed. do you like to keep them on or will you be parting ways with it.

IMO it would look mean without the Kowl.

Thread Starter #36
one more thing have you kept the headlight kowl or is it removed. do you like to keep them on or will you be parting ways with it.

IMO it would look mean without the Kowl.
I will be keeping the headlight cowl, till I get bored, without the cowl it looks entirely different.

So will part ways after sometime but not right now.

Thread Starter #37
So the Harley guys have again changed the Neutral shift O ring, lets see how long this lasts.

I also went for my first HOG ride this weekend. It was planned at the last moment so couldnt take my camera with me..... It was a small ride of 90kms to and fro with on the house breakfast boufet from Mariott.

The total attendance of Harley bikes were close to 200, with around 165 coming down from Mumbai and 35 from Pune. Almost the entire range was there including a Night Rod and even a CVO glide, although couldnt see the Breakout though.

woooow!!! man that should have been one hell of a Ride and a riding experience with so many Harley's, Sad that you couldn't take any pics. would have loved to see all the models. Nevermind there is always Next time. Enjoy

Thread Starter #39
woooow!!! man that should have been one hell of a Ride and a riding experience with so many Harley's, Sad that you couldn't take any pics. would have loved to see all the models. Nevermind there is always Next time. Enjoy
I dont know man, the ride was good no doubts about it. But since this was my first ride and I was probably one of the younger ones over there it felt a bit disconnected. It might take some time to make some friends there and other issue is I might also not see the people I talked to in the other ride.

i prefer to ride with smaller groups, where one can talk about freely.

The view in the parking lot was definitely drop dead gorgeous, and the amount of respect you get on road was might be like travelling in a laal batti gaadi.

This was also the first time Pumba crossed the century mark. It was quite tough facing the wind and the pull of Pumba for the first time. Will have to definitely get a wind screen if I have to go longer.

Last edited:
yeah thats true you need ride buddies in the group otherwise its boring. A windscreen is a good idea to reduce the fatigue on long rides. it will take a minimum of 4-5 rides before you are comfortable with the herd. wish you all the best. Are you dropping in on IBW-16 by any chance.

Thread Starter #41
yeah thats true you need ride buddies in the group otherwise its boring. A windscreen is a good idea to reduce the fatigue on long rides. it will take a minimum of 4-5 rides before you are comfortable with the herd. wish you all the best. Are you dropping in on IBW-16 by any chance.
hey incarnation,

IBW is still a distant dream for me. Had to convince the home ministry a lot for one ride per month and that too only close ones.

No words will make justice in front of home ministry. I have gone down that road so i know[lol] its hard to convince. Mine is a bit of a traveller herself so no worries. once in 3 months a long ride and every month a one day ride is permitted not that she would object for more rides but Vitamin M doesnt allow any more :biggrin:

Thread Starter #43
No words will make justice in front of home ministry. I have gone down that road so i know[lol] its hard to convince. Mine is a bit of a traveller herself so no worries. once in 3 months a long ride and every month a one day ride is permitted not that she would object for more rides but Vitamin M doesnt allow any more :biggrin:
Same here mine is also a bit of traveller but the issue is with a motorcycle. In Optimus I have targetted a real long ride every year and a pune-goa ride every 6 months.

For Pumba as of now only one ride is permitted per month and that too not more than a couple of hours.

Top Bottom