Public Transport Vs Car Pool: Your Pick?

Car Pool Vs Public Transport: Your Pick?

• Car Pool

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Public Transport

Votes: 9 69.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Thread Starter #1

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Friends,

As we all know, our authorities are now becoming more and more enlightened about the rising pollution level and traffic so as the days pass stringent measures to curb the menace of traffic and pollution are being put in place. Therefore, in light of the ever rising pollution and traffic, if given a choice, which mode of transport to your destination will you prefer i.e Public Transport or Car Pool?

Regards

Akash

Car Pool.

I would opt for car pool as public transport facilities have started becoming congested, and some services which are not that congested fail to provide the overall comfort levels of a car. More over, being a car enthusiast I would be more-than-happy to spend time in a car rather than buses and trains!

Actually speaking car pooling is a very good idea, but considering the fact that public transport can accomodate more people than a single car, i would opt for Public transport.
@ice _wise,
The only way public transport can be used extensively is by incorporating Rapid Transport Systems. For example,
In Bangalore, it takes us around 45 mins to travel from indiranagar to MG Road, (by car)
If we travel by bus, it takes an hour, so people would prefer traveling by car/bike. But afer the Metro services had begun, it used to take us 15 mins! Thus, RTS is the only way to provide efficient and fast public transportation!!

Being a car freak, I would prefer car pool over the public RTC buses. Now, since it's public transport in general that you have asked an opinion on, I would also bet on the metro trains as a much faster and pollution free means of transport.

A good public transport any day. I really can't share my car with unknown people just for the sake of reducing pollution (I will prefer paying 500 bucks everyday as a challan if such law comes into action). In Delhi I have developed a habit of using the metro and it's a very good service, especially when I have to walk hardly 100 meters for my destination out of the station. It saves time and is relatively comfortable too.
When in Bangalore, I frequently ply through the volvo city buses; they are good enough to keep me happy and not requiring to hire a cab.

BTW is it only me or others also feel that Bangalore has the best intra-city bus service at least?

I pick public transport.
Though car pool gives comfort and some time saving but it keeps you tied to other peoples schedules and route. I woould rather prefer to travel by a public transport (if the option exists).

A good public transport any day. I really can't share my car with unknown people just for the sake of reducing pollution (I will prefer paying 500 bucks everyday as a challan if such law comes into action). In Delhi I have developed a habit of using the metro and it's a very good service, especially when I have to walk hardly 100 meters for my destination out of the station. It saves time and is relatively comfortable too.
When in Bangalore, I frequently ply through the volvo city buses; they are good enough to keep me happy and not requiring to hire a cab.

BTW is it only me or others also feel that Bangalore has the best intra-city bus service at least?
Hey TSI Vipul, Bangalore does have an amazing service, but it's not the best. Yes, the BMTC does have the best buses in the fleet. Volvos, Volvo UDs, Coronas, and good normal buses. But TNSTC, MTC of Chennai and Madurai have the best services in terms of price and connectivity and availability.
As a regular BMTC passenger, i find it very convenient and sensible compared to autos. BMTC is good, but given the traffic conditions of the city, buses are hardly on time during peak hours.
The bus fan in me persuades me to use BMTC and the school bus service more often.

I would prefer public transport anyday rather than car pooling with strangers. I don't feel comfortable sharing my car with people who are not close to me and I don't feel safe sitting as a co-passenger in a car driven by an unknown person. I do carpool with colleagues or friends with whom I share a good personal equation, though very rarely.

Top Bottom