ProKlear Tire Restorer: TVHD

Thread Starter #1

Tire Restorer.

1) tvhd-500.jpg

Tried to include many pictures to make it easy for you guys to understand how does it really look like.[glasses]

Buying and Shipping:
Ordered the Product via eBay for Rs249/-. The shipping experience with the ST Courier was really Pathetic. They denied to deliver the product instead asked me to get the courier from their office and their attitude was like, the customers need to wait for their mercy. Tried communicating with their customer services, No use. I wonder why would they accept the product if they can't deliver it to mentioned address, really nonsense. I said to return the product. Finally the seller reshipped the product through Speed post and received it at a lighting speed. :)

Product Packing:
It comes with a thick and Air tight plastic cover inside the cardboard box. The Seller expect some leakage I guess. Anyways its in very good shape, there wasn't any leak.
Thanks for being extra careful.

Inside the Box:
1) It has a piece of sponge called "Applicator"
2) 200ml bottle of "Proklear TVHD"
2) In box.jpg

About the Product:
This product Proklear TVHD is a Small All rounder. Because its a
1)Tire restorer,
2)Plastic Restorer
3)Vinyl Restorer.
Fantastic isn't it.[evil]

Upon researching about this product, I found it not just restores the color, but also helps in providing a bit of hydrophobic effect. Since the price isn't too high I decided to have a try.

The Test Car:
The car to which I'm applying is a 2009 year and 80k kms driven Maruti A-star. My house is just 4 meters away from the saline water river, so this environment itself and the extra hardness present in the well water together makes this fading issues more severe.

The present set of tires are already 6 years old and have done over 54k kms And its in a very faded and dirty condition. Though I clean the painted surface regularly, Cleaning up the tire feels like useless because the very next day it will require a brushing to make it clean again and its really tiring and time consuming procedure. This car mostly need to be used on the non existed road.
A picture for example:
8) Example.jpg

Procedures:
Right Now I'm sharing the review of applying it on to the tires.
The first step is to clean up the tires and dry it before applying this product.

Before cleaning:

4)Before Cleaning RL.jpg
5) Before Cleaning FL.jpg
6) Before Cleaning FR.jpg

Cleaning:
Because of too much of dirt, I did the cleaning process in two steps(Did the cleaning in two different days).
1)On the first day I used Harpic for an intense cleaning.
No, this isn't the first time I'm using Harpic for cleaning the tires, infact I use the same for washing the front windshield. I find this makes the cleaning process much easier. Though I didn't experience any sort of damage to the tire or windshield I'm not recommending the same to you guys. Anyways just thought to share what I really did.
9) After First Round Cleaning.jpg

2)On the second day I used surf excel for the further cleaning.
10) Second round Cleanin1g.jpg
Again, I'm not recommending this too. The only thing you need to make sure is, the tires should be free from all sort of dirt and grease and the tire should be dried well. You could use your usual cleaning products that you use for cleaning the tires. Or else do your part of research and experiments before using this surf excel or harpic cleaners.

After cleaning:
I know the tires aren't super clean, but still most of the orange color shade of the dirt has gone completely. Only a little bit of dirt is remaining in those tiny grooves and it would take one more washing to make it super clear. I felt to skip this as of now
11) After Cleaning.jpg

Drying:
You could Towel dry the surfaces to make the drying process faster.
12) After Drying.jpg

Have a look at the Year of manufacture
Year Of Manufacture.jpg

Application:
Shake the container well and use few drops of solution on to the applicator and apply thin coat. I started with 1 drop per application and covered the whole sidewall in small small sections so as to get the thin uniform coverage all over.
13) Applying small Sections.jpg

The applied coat yet to get dried.
14) Before getting it dried well..jpg

Condition of the Applicator after the application on all four tyres.[roll]
17 Condition of the Applicator..jpg

After the Application:
15) After Application.jpg
16) After Application2.jpg
It has a decent shiny appearance(Nothing like an oil finish but a kind of wet look). My personal preference is a less shiny or non shiny finish. Anyways when the solution gets dried it doesn't offer that bling bling shiny finish. My previous product is from "J&J chemicals" which offers a very shiny surface, and because of the same reason I had to dilute it with water to make it less shiny. And another problem with the J&J product is, higher the shine it has, the more it attracts dust and gets wet orange in color.

Things I really Liked about this product:
Hydrophobic Property:
*During the rainy days tire are really clean. All the dirt just falls off. Literally no cleaning is required.
*Few days after the application. Driving through little puddles managed to hold some dirt. But it washes of with the help of a water hose pipe.
NExt moring after a rainy day drive..jpg

*When the puddle gets semi dry and thick. Here the dirt did stick to the tire. Again it went clean with a mild brush and water hose pipe
*Intentionaly left one of the dirty tire to get dried completely. It required a stiff brush to clean it off but doesn't required any cleaning agent.
When the dirt Dries off..jpg

Slippery Surface:
The accumilated dust coat on the tires can be easily brushed off with a soft and dry brush. Just like we dust off the painted surface of the car using a soft Jopasu Duster. Happened to experience this when there wasn't any rain for many days.

Dark Black Color:
After the application It just look like a showcase car's tire. Really Back and perfect shine. After the Brushing process, the shine has reduced. But hydrophobic effect is still there to some extend. Which makes it easy to clean. So the point is, these coating wont get lost so easily even though that shiny appearance goes off.

What I hate about this product:
In the Bottle it has mentioned only to apply in thin coats. As for the test purpose, I applied one of the tire with thick and thicker coat. Application was so easy compared to the thin coat application, since too much of solution makes easy to spread everywhere so quickly. But the real problem comes after few days. I found this thick coating gets kind of peeled off like it as a clear coat from the paint surface. And the worst part is, even though it start peeling off these peelings wont really gets off easily it requires a thorough brushing to make it clean again. Will never again do this mistake.
thicker coat.jpg

Peeling out.jpg
Pictures after reapplying.
Finally after one a half month and over 1000kms of usage I reapplied the Product to restore my tires and the tires are back to glory. Planning to reapply this product every month or as per the situations.
Didnt use any cleaner, just water and stiff brush washing. After that reapplied the product.
final2.jpg
final1.jpg

Regards.,

Last edited:
Thread Starter #4
How did you get it from ebay. They have closed shop . Any other link ?
Is it, may be the product went out of stock.

Amazon has them. This is the only link I came across. I hope both are same products.

https://www.amazon.in/PROKLEAR-Tire...&qid=1537931024&sr=8-1&keywords=proklear+tvhd
No that's a different product. I haven't used this one. But still after going through the details I found tvhd is the most durable product for the tire as compared to ttd.

Top Bottom