Proklear Nano Anti-Glare & Rain Shield Treatment for Windshield

Thread Starter #1
Here I would like to Share my experiences with the product Proklear Nano Anti-Glare & Rain Shield Treatment for Windshield.(Applied it more than 4 months before)

I ordered via ebay on 14th July and got my product on 17th july of this year.
Hmm., Faster shipping experience.

On 20th Saturday by around evening 4'O clock I started the work. I purchased a box of clean TISSUE paper which doesn't have any oil contents.

Steps that I have Followed are.
1) Cleaned the front Windshield with with soap water TWICE and made sure there are no more dust particles remains over the windshield.(So in the coming steps, my windshield wont get scratched with the dust particles)
2) Using a clean BRUSH thoroughly scrubbed the windshield with soap water and dried with tissue papers.
3) Applied COLIN GLASS CLEANER all over the windshield and wiped with tissue papers.

Note: The next step onwards stopped using the TISSUE papers and as per the instructions started using the SPECIAL NAPKIN provided with the kit.

4) As mentioned in the PROKLEAR'S INSTRUCTION, started polishing the glass with the PRECLEANER and with the wet napkin. I made 6 vertical sections on the windshield for the accuracy. Making large numbers of sections helps you to cover every where without missing a millimeter square of area. Seriously this step requires lots of ELBOW GREASE.
5) After wiping the windshield with the SPECIAL NAPKIN, started applying the PROKLEAR NGS as per the instructions in addition of by making 3 vertical sections on the windshield instead of two.
6) After 30 mins wiped the windshield with a fresh application napkin provided with the kit, and finally took a deep breath.(During the 30 mins of waiting period i have also cleaned inside of the front windshield with COLIN GLASS CLEANER and dried with tissue papers.)

After 24hours I decided to go out. ie on 21st SUNDAY 6:30pm.

(1st Day):There was a mild rain, the result was marvelous, the rain water are formed into healthy beads and getting flew off from the windshield. When i used the wiper I found the wiping is really clean but it is not smooth.
Frankly speaking I didn't expect any antiglare effect from this product, since I purchase this product only for the sake of rain repellent windshield. But the result is pretty mind-blowing. My mom who doesn't even aware about the anti glare property of this product, told me that the light from the oncoming headlights is no more a big blinding circles. Yea, it does a every good job in the case of anti-glare effect too..

Few days later, I found the beading is not as healthy as on the first day and my windshield has started loving water a bit without repelling it 100%.
This made me really sad and I reported this issue to the seller, he said not to get panic its because of the oily dirt forming over the windshield and asked me to clean the windshield with soap water.
By following his words, water repellent property has regained.[clap]

I highly recommend to everybody who do lots of night drives.

Pics and Vids are included( Videos are captured today, So here you can see the repellency of proklear nano bond which has applied over 4 months before)

Regards.,
Kiran.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDkcUqIR8ug

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfOZtQGoZso

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice Review Kichu. I am actually looking for this type of product and looks like my search ends here.

Can you please let me know the price and viability of the product. What if I couldn't do the process efficiently ?

nice find kichu. did the manufacturer specify how long the effects will last. does he also say that it would prevent fogging of the windshield on the inside?

Thread Starter #5
nice find kichu. did the manufacturer specify how long the effects will last. does he also say that it would prevent fogging of the windshield on the inside?
Thankyou :)
Ya., the manufacturer claims upto 1year/20,000kms.

Fogging inside the windshield can be prevented using the Anti-fog spray, right now its comes free along with this antiglare&rainshield kit.
My car dont have rear defogger, so this antifog spray do a very good job.
This wont last for long, we need to respray it after few days.
I'm really satisfied with this product :)

Last edited:
I too am using the Proklear anti fog since one month and there is absolutely no condensation on the windshield inside the car. Its a boon at night. However I feel(it maybe only me) that the windscreen does not remain crystal clear(observed only during the daytime). i.e., it appears to be rubbed with.
Good Product IMO

Thread Starter #7
I too am using the Proklear anti fog since one month and there is absolutely no condensation on the windshield inside the car. Its a boon at night. However I feel(it maybe only me) that the windscreen does not remain crystal clear(observed only during the daytime). i.e., it appears to be rubbed with.
Good Product IMO
During my first usage me too felt this, but later i understood the technique.[glasses]
After sparying be sure to wipe the glass using a clean cloth without leaving any wiping marks, so it will give a very clear vision.

Thread Starter #9
Dude. That was amazing. Kudos to your patience. I did that, but used rainx product and was done applying in 10 min :)
Thank you :)
Ya it requires lots of effort. But the final results made me to forget the pain[clap]

Few years back I did lots of searching to buy either rainx or aquapel but found it to be a bit costly.
Hows the experience with rainx, how long the effect will last? I read somewhere that its life is only about 2-3 months, is it true?

Thank you :)
Ya it requires lots of effort. But the final results made me to forget the pain[clap]

Few years back I did lots of searching to buy either rainx or aquapel but found it to be a bit costly.
Hows the experience with rainx, how long the effect will last? I read somewhere that its life is only about 2-3 months, is it true?
I applied it about 3 weeks back. I did it on my Camry which is driven by my wife most of the time. The effect was good w hen I checked it out a couple of weeks back. This is the first time I'm using it and so am not sure how much longer it lasts. Moreover, I might not have applied it perfectly and took 10 min only as I mentioned. I wanted to apply to my other car as we'll as the initial results seem satisfactory.

Thread Starter #11
I applied it about 3 weeks back. I did it on my Camry which is driven by my wife most of the time. The effect was good w hen I checked it out a couple of weeks back. This is the first time I'm using it and so am not sure how much longer it lasts. Moreover, I might not have applied it perfectly and took 10 min only as I mentioned. I wanted to apply to my other car as we'll as the initial results seem satisfactory.
Ya, rain-x is already a proven product in the market.
Thanks for sharing your experience [:)]

Thread Starter #13

I came to know that Proklear NGS is totally different from RainX.
RainX forms a COATING above the glass with the help of an adhesive force, where as Proklear NGS forms a BOND with the Silica molecules in the glass and becomes a part of the glass which is about 10nm thick. This layer anchors itself with the Silica molecules in the glass. This is the reason for such an extended period of life.

The videos looks amazing. I guess, it's worth to get one for me too. BTW, what is the frequency of usage? i.e. Approximately, how long will it last to do it again?

A small experience of mine -

Once when I was driving from Chennai to Bangalore, I happened to refill at HP Pump on the highway after Vellore (Arya Bhavan Sweets) and they happened to clean my front and rear windshields. After crossing Vaniyambadi, it started raining and pretty huge, and that's when I could feel the effect of the cleaner he used. It's very similar to what is shown in this video. The rain drops were just running away from the windshield and the wiper too worked effortlessly. My wipers are almost gone and generally leaves traces, but not that time. Even after the rain stopped, I couldn't see water droplets are marks in the windshield. I thought to check with them on the product they use, when I get a chance to stop there next time.

Thread Starter #15
The videos looks amazing. I guess, it's worth to get one for me too. BTW, what is the frequency of usage? i.e. Approximately, how long will it last to do it again?

A small experience of mine -

Once when I was driving from Chennai to Bangalore, I happened to refill at HP Pump on the highway after Vellore (Arya Bhavan Sweets) and they happened to clean my front and rear windshields. After crossing Vaniyambadi, it started raining and pretty huge, and that's when I could feel the effect of the cleaner he used. It's very similar to what is shown in this video. The rain drops were just running away from the windshield and the wiper too worked effortlessly. My wipers are almost gone and generally leaves traces, but not that time. Even after the rain stopped, I couldn't see water droplets are marks in the windshield. I thought to check with them on the product they use, when I get a chance to stop there next time.
Hi Figoian,

Manufacture claims upto 1year/20,000kms. I have applied it on last July, so its about 9 months and still doing a good job. [:D]

Aaha, good to know a windshield cleaner solution can do that kind of job. Kindly inform me the name and price of that product when you get to know about it.

Top Bottom