Project: Restoration of 1986 Maruti Suzuki Gypsy

well what about white or black . white gypsy with black alloys would look good and black gypsy with chrome alloy IMO
actually this same idea too had in my mind while i was thinking of buying used gypsy

That is an amazing thread dude was waiting for this kind of thread in our forum for a long time THANK YOU VERY MUCH I read the thread in a single go even in my busy work.already many of them had this request I also request you to update as soon as possible and keep on updated . I know it is a little hard to take pictures and upload in the forum in our busy schedule but you do it superbly .

Thread Starter #50
well what about white or black . white gypsy with black alloys would look good and black gypsy with chrome alloy IMO
actually this same idea too had in my mind while i was thinking of buying used gypsy
white gypsy with black alloys and black gypsy with chrome alloys are good combo.
since our purpose for vehicle is offroading, alloys cannot be used because they cannot be rectified like normal rim when any damage occurs.

Wow!! Very interesting thread, rating it total 5 stars. You should go for black colour IMHO. [clap]
Thanks sir.

That is an amazing thread dude was waiting for this kind of thread in our forum for a long time THANK YOU VERY MUCH I read the thread in a single go even in my busy work.already many of them had this request I also request you to update as soon as possible and keep on updated . I know it is a little hard to take pictures and upload in the forum in our busy schedule but you do it superbly .
Thanks sir.
I will update the thread regularly.[thumbsup]

completely forgot that you wanted for off-roading . Alloys can take lot of impact but repairing is problem . so steel are better when it comes to repairing but they don't take much impact atleast that what happened with my old car steel rim but then i am no expert .

i think white would be good as its easy to maintain

Great going feromv. Regarding the color, i find white to be the best color. If you dont have any issue with going for a black, then go for it. Black gypsy with stock rims looks superb and will serve your purpose well.

This is going to be one great thread , wishing you all success Feromv , hoping to see the Gypsy soon in mint condition.

I would suggest white , White 4X4 beast with mud and dirt all over the body , will look macho!!

Ah... sweet. Its been three days from now. We are eagerly waiting buddy!!!
Opening this thread is the first task for me in office every day. [lol]

I just saw a black Gypsy with black rims (White circle around the rims) and it looked awesome. As dhaya said, it becomes a pain to manage black in muddy roads. White looks classy.

Last edited:
i saw 2 gypsys in bangalore last week , Red with crazy stickers all around and another one black which was more subtle , both were looking Good. Think it was restored by an enthusiast, but he didn't have space to park in his house so parked both of them on road. Both were 4X4 s, wanted to see them driven but they were stand still for past week ( Don't know how long they were standing like that ).

Thread Starter #59
completely forgot that you wanted for off-roading . Alloys can take lot of impact but repairing is problem . so steel are better when it comes to repairing but they don't take much impact atleast that what happened with my old car steel rim but then i am no expert .

i think white would be good as its easy to maintain
:agree:

Great going feromv. Regarding the color, i find white to be the best color. If you dont have any issue with going for a black, then go for it. Black gypsy with stock rims looks superb and will serve your purpose well.
White Gypsy with mat black rims are great combo.

This is going to be one great thread , wishing you all success Feromv , hoping to see the Gypsy soon in mint condition.

I would suggest white , White 4X4 beast with mud and dirt all over the body , will look macho!!
Thanks sir.

Buddy IMO i will suggest a Pure or Bright Red colour with proper steel rims with Nickel beading.
Red gypsy's are too hot.
:confused:what is a nickel beading?

i saw 2 gypsys in bangalore last week , Red with crazy stickers all around and another one black which was more subtle , both were looking Good. Think it was restored by an enthusiast, but he didn't have space to park in his house so parked both of them on road. Both were 4X4 s, wanted to see them driven but they were stand still for past week ( Don't know how long they were standing like that ).
so sad to know about those gypsy's.

Thanks for the update. And definitely, the white base color with matte black rims will look great. The alloys will look a lot better, but then, since your beast will be used for off roading, steel rims is the best option.

Top Bottom